The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Turbo Projects (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   My Super Build (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51127)

Giugiaro 07-31-2009 03:19 PM

My Super Build

Hello all,

I would like to announce my super build for the SVX. By super build I mean everything from the ground up:

- Suspension/Braking
- Engine refurb with brand new components including a crankshaft.
- Engine boost with extremely high numbers.
- Classy wide body with bodykit.
- New body parts including glass.
- Sound system and more....

Summary: everything has been bought so far still finalizing some few engine components. Nothing has been compromised in terms of quality and parts. Everything related to rubber seals will all be replaced. Hardware everything brand new, only turbos have 5k each.

The car will be done on two phases:
1- Engine/Transmission/Suspension/Braking/Sound System. Parts are already there, the precise custom fabbing will be completed year 2010.
2- Wide body with body kit, new glass and seals, custom made kit... Completion year 2011.

Goals? Very very high hp figures. Will be the most spectacular/fastest SVX ever.

Pictures of some of the parts: http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz116/GiugiaroSVX/

michael 07-31-2009 03:55 PM

Re: My Super Build

Holy Crap! Did you rob a bank? :eek:

RallyBob 07-31-2009 05:29 PM

Wow...it's gonna suck driving a multiplate Tilton clutch on the street with such a heavy car. But it'll definitely hold some power, just doesn't tolerate any stop-and-go and it's a be-yotch starting on hills (not much inertia to speak of).

You've certainly been out spending money!

Seraphinwolf 07-31-2009 07:06 PM

NICE! Subscribed. What are you doing body wise exactly? I plan on developing stuff in a year when i move to Cali and will be aprenticing fabrication work and stuff. I want to drop like 600lbs today through body work and other things here and there. Develop aero parts and OEM spec +widebody spec that match the lines already present.
-Gaddis

NikFu S. 08-01-2009 03:38 AM

/subscribe

subbieatnz 08-01-2009 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 611942)
/subscribe

Me too :)

What are your plans for the engine? :p

Giugiaro 08-04-2009 01:28 PM

Michael, yes. well almost. I didn't put any upper figure for my build. I budgeted 300$ a month over three years and ended up averaging 550$ instead... so far. I don't want to mess up.
Rallybob, yes the tilton is going to be a challenge. But this car will not be driven in a... normal way
Plans for the body, a hibrid between the 89 prototype rear fenders and something of my own design.
Plans for the engine, as I've stated, very very high numbers :p

Please understand that I am still in the stage of gathering parts for the buildup. No real progress has been achieved on the car yet.

the_paynter 08-04-2009 06:30 PM

Are you using two TD04 turbos? Thats just what they looks like, I could be wrong. If so it will spool VERY fast and be a blast to drive :D

Giugiaro 08-18-2009 05:42 AM

yes, they are two TD04L's. Well it is going to be a blast indeed!
WRX: one TD04 for 4 cylinders.
SVX: one TD04 for each 3 cylinders :D you do the math.

and I also added few more pictures of the brand new ignition coils and window regulators.

oab_au 08-18-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giugiaro (Post 614141)
yes, they are two TD04L's. Well it is going to be a blast indeed!
WRX: one TD04 for 4 cylinders.
SVX: one TD04 for each 3 cylinders :D you do the math.

and I also added few more pictures of the brand new ignition coils and window regulators.

WRX: one TD04 turbine powered by 4 cylinders.
SVX: one TD04 turbine powered by 3 cylinders :D you do the math.:)

Harvey.

Giugiaro 08-19-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oab_au (Post 614238)
WRX: one TD04 turbine powered by 4 cylinders.
SVX: one TD04 turbine powered by 3 cylinders :D you do the math.:)

Harvey.

Sorry let me rephrase:
WRX: one TD04 turbine powered by 4 untuned cylinders.
SVX: one TD04 turbine powered by 3 cylinders with super-tuned valvetrain timing/lift :D :cool:

RallyBob 08-19-2009 10:12 AM

So are you looking to basically max out the TD04's then? You'd be lucky to get 550-560 whp with them, and even then the boost levels required to make 280 whp per TD04 create a LOT of heat thanks to inefficiency at that psi (18-19 psi). Make sure the cooling system is appropriately modified and the intercooler is massive...you'll need it!

I think the turbos will be holding you back big-time, at least compared to the rest of the buildup. No reason doing much in the way of cams and headwork IMO, the turbos won't breathe well at higher rpms anyway. Now maybe a pair of GT28RS's or GT2871's....:D

Nevin 08-19-2009 11:41 AM

Looks to be an impressive build. Keep it up!

Question though: Why would you go for td04's? That's a pretty small turbo for a high horsepower goal such as you claim. You could probably do twin gt3071's for huge power, or something like that. Twin gt2860rs turbos would do an excellent job and have sweet spoolup.

Not bashing, but I'm just curious why you picked them!

Giugiaro 08-19-2009 02:10 PM

i am not looking to max the turbos rather rely more on the valvetrain mod and less on them. I am planning to go up to 550hp rather than 550whp with those turbos.

i originally wanted to do a turbo build with a smaller budget but then thought to wait a bit more time and do it right without sacrificing quality which is a priority.

so i will start with a solid base structure and then the peripherals can be upgraded later on. by solid structure i mean eliminating the word "i could have..." which equals all the best engine components. so the big bux goes to the valvetrain with the highest lift and solid internals like the pistons, new crankshaft, rods, arp's, etc.

and a 6 speed is a must here, and you know its limitations. hence bounding myself for now with 550hp with a couple of low mileage 100$ turbos ;)

RA gears and larger turbos can go next if 550hps are not sufficient :D

for cooling, water to air will be installed, already bought. i read somewhere on this forum that the internal block has heat traps, which worries me the most and i need to pinpoint it for the project to move on.

the_paynter 08-19-2009 02:26 PM

I was looking into a pair of EVO III 16G turbos for my SVX originally but I decided to go with one big one. Right now i have a garrett 60-1 and I will be putting on a new Billet Percision turbo over the winter once I get mt hands on a hydra and some internals.