The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   subaruparts.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27503)

michael 07-23-2005 07:19 PM

subaruparts.com

Do you think it might be a good idea to request an svx network discount in their suggestion box upon placing orders? I've been doing that in the hopes that someone actually reads them.

msvx95 07-25-2005 04:34 AM

I would be in favor of that......although there is quite a discount compared to the prices the dealerships charge already.

It would benefit me definately if they can eliminate shipping charges.

michael 07-25-2005 05:34 AM

It nevery hurts to ask :rolleyes:

AFBeefcake 07-25-2005 11:08 AM

www.1stsubaruparts.com Is cheeper then www.subaruparts.com

I have orderd from both and had no trouble.

michael 07-25-2005 04:47 PM

Thanks for the link, I'm a creature of habit and subaruparts.com is easy to remember.

benebob 07-25-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msvx95
I would be in favor of that......although there is quite a discount compared to the prices the dealerships charge already.

It would benefit me definately if they can eliminate shipping charges.

Liberty charges actual shipping. PLUS they're actually good with customer service!

alia176 07-27-2005 01:08 PM

I'm not happy with Subaruparts' fixed percentage rate on shipping. However, they've been excellent with me in the past. Trish is very hard to get a hold of on the phone and you can forget about emailing her at Subaruparts! :rolleyes:

I'll try 1stsubaruparts next time...

svxcess 07-27-2005 01:15 PM

Don't forget that Langston Subaru (412-371-2707) gives SVX Network members a 25% diccount off list and actual shipping. Check with Adrien or Brian in parts departrment.

They were at Reading V, check this thread HERE

alia176 07-27-2005 01:30 PM

On my Landcruiser forum, the parts manager at one of the dealers is also an active member in the forum. Consequently, we all enjoy a nice price point and a vast amount of knowledge from this particular member. Anytime you need to order parts for a project, he'll tell you the part numbers and prices, right down to the nuts and bolts.

Is there such a member in this forum who also works at a parts counter at a Subi dealer? I think we have a couple of subi techs but don't of any parts persons. Obviously, certain dealers seem to have a better pricing structure even though every dealer is pulling from the same master warehouse.

Case in point, I did a search on my a/c condenser. I called the local dealer, Langston, and subaruparts...all said that there's only one left in the country and all had the same exact list price. Langston didn't offer any discount to me but maybe that's because I didn't know the magic password! So I ended up buying it from Subaruparts. I found this to be true with my Landcruiser parts as well. They all hit the same database of some sort but the two dealers that give us the best price also happen to have the same exact price point! I think Liberty and Subaruparts seem to have the same price point as well.

I wonder:
-can any dealers offer the same discount?
-why are Subaruparts, Langston and Liberty able to offer better pricing than my local? Is it due to volume?
-why can't my freaking local dealer offer the same discount? Those rat bastards could have my money long time ago if this was the case!

Sorry about the rattle....!

kuoh 07-27-2005 07:15 PM

I've been pretty happy with subaruparts.com's customer service, plus they're the only ones who have supported us with an online parts lookup site. Personally, I don't mind paying a few extra percent for everything. A discount might encourage me to buy more, but I doubt I'll jump ship or rip them off by using their online reference and ordering somewhere else.

KuoH

svxcess 07-27-2005 07:29 PM

See my thread HERE

Not only are there different list prices between dealers, there are different parts prices within the same dealership, dependent on whether the parts go out over-the-counter or through the service department. :mad: :mad:

odepaj 06-27-2008 11:55 AM

Re: subaruparts.com

Does Langston still give the Network discount?

Dustin

TomsSVX 06-27-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 554087)
Does Langston still give the Network discount?

Dustin

Call Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. She is our wholesale dist. and gives the network good prices as well... Subarupartsgirl on the forum here but call here at (443) 837- 1422 tell her you are a subaru-svx.net member

Tom

odepaj 06-27-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 554090)
Call Jackie at Annapolis Subaru. She is our wholesale dist. and gives the network good prices as well... Subarupartsgirl on the forum here but call here at (443) 837- 1422 tell her you are a subaru-svx.net member

Tom

Awesome! Thanks!

Dustin

Update: Sat on hold for 10+ mins, finally hung up. Will call later.

TN_fwdsvx 06-27-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 554090)

Tom

Jackie has always been able to beat our local stealership, subaruparts.com, and 1stsubaruparts.com - even with shipping. She has even held a part for my wife's car so she could ship a part for mine in the same package in order to save shipping cost. She will ship direct to your mechanic also.

Best to call as she doesn't check email often.