The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ok, give me a break (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1)

svxadmin 02-21-2001 05:56 AM

I know its not pretty (yet) and lacking icons, graphics, and all the old posts are gone. Oops. Im an admin not a... er OK. Well Its running, do I get points for that? It is now 6am and I have been working on this all night and morning long. Its working, so use and abuse it. I will finish configurations after I get a nap. Until then, deal with the lack of wallpaper, no carpet, and a few holes in the walls :)

Chris
SVX Admin

SVXpowerman 02-21-2001 05:58 AM

Good job!

Now you can tin foil all the window, so you can get some sleep.

I like the this upgraded version of the BBS.

Aredubjay 02-21-2001 08:38 AM

Not Pretty?

Dang, I think it's very pretty in comparison. Chris, if you were dead, I'd put you up for cannonization (but, let's not do that very soon, okay). I really appreciate all your effort. I also really love the new features, one of which, (and it may seem petty) but the "time offset" is a great feature. No longer having to figure an hour's difference. Thanks again, get some rest. I'm packing and getting ready for the move -- bare floors, holes and all. THANKS!

Phast SVX 02-21-2001 02:32 PM

Indeed

well, im very impressed. thats alot of stuff to be set up in such alittle amount of time. Its setup is nice. Now, how long before we tell everyone about it? I suppose we should wait untill chris says go. Im not sure if he's ready for high traffic. Chris do you have any idea when you want to start the move?

Chris 02-21-2001 02:43 PM

Beat it up

I can continue to patch holes and lay the carpet while in use. If not, I am a vampire and can do it at odd hours. Yes, it it ready for high traffic. I only have one more hardware related issue to deal with and I will address that one tonight.

svxter 02-21-2001 03:17 PM

Lookin' good

Ok, so this is the full version - it looks good. Now to see how many people will start using it. Thanks for all the hard work.

Aredubjay 02-21-2001 05:31 PM

Subtlety

I'm gonna start "subtly" dropping hints about moving "into the new clubhouse." I think one of the failures in the switch to the i-club was the "run and gun" approach of "Hey, we've got this thing that's much much much better and you HAVE to "come over" and dump this crappy site. I've found a "trickling" of interest, followed by a "kind invitation" will do better than "hype." The "spell checker" alone should be a gigantic draw. :)

Chris 02-21-2001 05:38 PM

Editing posts

I find the abiliy to edit posts AFTER you have already posted very important to me. :)

immortal_suby 02-21-2001 05:45 PM

This absolutely Rocks! I don't know how anyone would want to stay with Yoohoo now. You are a great man. Thank you for giving us a good home. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.

Chad 02-21-2001 06:35 PM

Lookin' good

All I can say is WOW! Heck of a site we have here. Good work Chris!!!
:D

svxadmin 02-22-2001 05:57 AM

Did it again

Well, its almost 6am again. Made another pan of brownies and worked on the server all morning. New RAID array is online. Seems to be working fine. Did some more tweaking here. Still have to lay the carpet, but hey. Less to do later. Thanks to all for the moral support and to Jim Waldon who stayed up all night on a work night to make sure the RAID array was functioning properly. Also to Whizzmo who helped change color schemes. I am color blind so I take NO responsibility for colors here :) I also would like to advise some people that have the forum page directly linked, but not the mail entry site, your missing the news front end. Just my $0.02 worth. Still looking for dedicated individuals with skills that can apply here that would want to donate some time and energy to the project. I could use any help. And on that note, its time for bed. Or at least get a nap before the sun shines in my blinds!

Chris
SVX Admin

Aredubjay 02-22-2001 08:27 AM

<<would like to advise some people that have the forum page directly linked, but not the mail entry site, your missing the news front end. >>

Yep, I realized this oversight last night and made the correction. Thanks.

htyei 02-22-2001 09:46 PM

new forum

Anything forum with a search capability would be better than yahoo, although I'll miss, having the svx forum in my personalized frontpage....

svxxx26 02-23-2001 06:40 AM

Hey Chris - I know I'm getting repetitive, but you've done a fantastic job. It looks like Yoohoo's days are numbered.
BTW, anything "special" in those brownies?

Aredubjay 02-23-2001 08:39 AM

I feel so cheap. How many posts 'til you graduate to a higher rating? I promise I won't post "willy nilly" just to achieve higher status. Just wondering? Meanwhile, I got my CD from John Rowe yesterday and, just out of curiosity, did a search to see how many of the posts of the 50K were mine. I was shocked and embarrassed to see that I'd had over 4,000 posts in the 18 months I've been involved with the board.