The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SVX Parts Central Project(Non-SVX) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39359)

Budfreak 06-13-2007 10:25 PM

SVX Parts Central Project(Non-SVX)

Here are a couple of pics of our latest project that is about to hit the road.:)
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...reak/44563.jpg
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...reak/44564.jpg
:cool:
It's a 1977 Nova Rally that we shoved a Olds 455 Rocket bored .030 over into with a TH350(soon to be TH400)transmission. It's using a 10 bolt rear with 3.73 posi. It hasn't been driven yet, But the one time we tested it, It sheared off all the bolts on the pinion yoke of the rearend when he mashed it.:eek::D:cool:

Paint and interior will be finished soon as we are getting all the plumbing and wiring wrapped up now. Hope you guys like it.:)

I'll get some more detailed pics of the car soon, But by looking at the motor you can see the direction it's going.:D

92svx95 06-14-2007 01:29 AM

:eek: ,,, i wanna test drive it :D

huck369 06-14-2007 05:11 AM

Sweet.....I'm a closet Muscle car guy from way back:eek:

Budfreak 06-14-2007 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Sweet.....I'm a closet Muscle car guy from way back:eek:

Yeah, I was hoping this thread would bring the muscle car guys out of the wood work.:rolleyes::D

huck369 06-14-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
Yeah, I was hoping this thread would bring the muscle car guys out of the wood work.:rolleyes::D

The last one I built was a 68 GTO...Built a bored out Pontiac 455 and 4-speed for it...ran 3.43 gears....could roast the tires from a 30mph rolling start:eek: ...and painted it 91 Subaru Electric Yellow;)

Earthworm 06-14-2007 04:12 PM

I had a 77 Nova but it had a slightly smaller engine (read: 6 cyl). Drove it for about a year until the heater core started leaking.

subi-crosser 06-14-2007 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
The last one I built was a 68 GTO...Built a bored out Pontiac 455 and 4-speed for it...ran 3.43 gears....could roast the tires from a 30mph rolling start:eek: ...and painted it 91 Subaru Electric Yellow;)

Mine was a 72 Gutlass Supreme w a Buick 455 and 3.23 posi, in yellow w black stripes. LOT of good stories about that one! ( LOST it in a 'custody' battle)

Latest 'NON SVX' project is a 1930 Willys Knight. Well, It is KINDA an SVX project, since the suspension is ALL gonna be SVX. Svxfiles delivered the rear 'set-up' yesterday and it WILL fit! He pulled it from the red one that was in his garage. I am using the front stuff too from the same car.
I am replacing the struts w coil-overs, but brakes, wheels, etc, are all SVX.

Power is and, will be Mopar. I guess that you can say that I am 'Grafting' the best parts from my favorite cars to build the 'perfect' Street Rod! (I built the car 10 years ago and got it back last year).

It will be a 'Rat-Rod' that handles like an SVX and runs like a Cuda!!! What a CONCEPT!!

Budfreak 06-14-2007 11:06 PM

My first Muscle car was when I was 16 and it was a 1973 Firebird Formula 350. It had a Pontiac 350/TH350 in it and 3.08 open rear end.:rolleyes: I threw in a cam and a few other goodies, But never really got to drive it as it was quite fast and I was quite young.:o The first one I built that I got to drive was an 80's muscle car and it was my 1987 Trans Am GTA(I got rid of it when I got the SVX). I tossed in a aluminum head version of the L98 TPI 350 out of a 87 Vette(All they would tell me when I bought it is that it wasn't stock, And I wasn't caring to rip it apart to find out considering how damn good it ran:cool:) and almost every damn bolt-on mod I could find for it( I live next to Summit Racing, So you do the math:D).
That thing was a damn monster to say the least.:p :)

huck369 06-15-2007 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
My first Muscle car was when I was 16 and it was a 1973 Firebird Formula 350. It had a Pontiac 350/TH350 in it and 3.08 open rear end.:rolleyes: I threw in a cam and a few other goodies, But never really got to drive it as it was quite fast and I was quite young.:o The first one I built that I got to drive was an 80's muscle car and it was my 1987 Trans Am GTA(I got rid of it when I got the SVX). I tossed in a aluminum head version of the L98 TPI 350 out of a 87 Vette(All they would tell me when I bought it is that it wasn't stock, And I wasn't caring to rip it apart to find out considering how damn good it ran:cool:) and almost every damn bolt-on mod I could find for it( I live next to Summit Racing, So you do the math:D).
That thing was a damn monster to say the least.:p :)

My kinda car...
My first car was a 73 455 SD Trans Am, then a 74 Formula 400 4-speed Ram Air.....love those second gen Firebirds....I'd trade my Yellow SVX for a really nice 70-73 Foumla 4-speed:eek:

svxfiles 06-15-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Latest 'NON SVX' project is a 1930 Willys Knight. Well, It is KINDA an SVX project, since the suspension is ALL gonna be SVX. Svxfiles delivered the rear 'set-up' yesterday and it WILL fit! He pulled it from the red one that was in his garage. I am using the front stuff too from the same car.
I am replacing the struts w coil-overs, but brakes, wheels, etc, are all SVX.

Power is and, will be Mopar. I guess that you can say that I am 'Grafting' the best parts from my favorite cars to build the 'perfect' Street Rod! (I built the car 10 years ago and got it back last year).

It will be a 'Rat-Rod' that handles like an SVX and runs like a Cuda!!! What a CONCEPT!!

Jerry, Dude.
You need help Man!:(
Next you are going to tell us you have a "Dodge/GMC/van that stands wheelies!!!:eek: "

PS, I showed the kids your Dodge/GMC the day before yesterday!:cool:

subi-crosser 06-16-2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Jerry, Dude.
You need help Man!:(
Next you are going to tell us you have a "Dodge/GMC/van that stands wheelies!!!:eek: "

PS, I showed the kids your Dodge/GMC the day before yesterday!:cool:

Mo-power to ya. Built that one in the summer of '82'. ( Took a WEEK) It was a week with a lot of rain, I remember that the welder kept 'biting me' due to the humidity during this build.
Then I 360 mopar'd a 52 Henry J with the small block that I took out of the van. (The van swallowed a built up 413)

I put a 455 in my mom's 72 Delta 2 door. A kid sprayed the front end of the Delta with gravel from the back wheels of his 'Bandit clone' trans am one day.
I gave him a 'head start' then pulled up behind him with the Delta. It's bad enough to be pounding the gutz out of a trans am and have a grandma car pull up behind you. I just hope he SAW the 25 Foot trailer loaded with PIPE that I was pulling!!

I was driving the 413 van to work when I built the 1947 440 Dodge p\u.
That 'build' took 9 days to the first 'hole shot'. It did take a couple more months to get it cleaned up and semi-pretty. ( it was too much fun with the rust and honeysuckle vines and moss on it to get in a hurry.)
The only thing that 'gave it away' was the shiney black frame rails sticking through the bottom of the grill shell in it's Sears Weatherbeater latex paint job.

I have some 'projects' waiting for the Willys to 'run and drive'. 'Target date', June 29th 2007.
I have a 1996 Freightliner chassis with a Cummins 360 turbo diesel that I will be putting a 52 International L-160 cab on, a 52 Plymouth that is getting a 360 mopar and an 88 Chrysler 5th Ave front suspension and a 9" Ford rear.
I have another frame built that just needs finished for a 46 Dodge 'roadster' p\u. It will be a 318 w\ an OD 4 speed and 4:11 Dana posi.
(I think this one is gonna have air bags and horns)
I want to have it done for Labor Day weekend.
(I have allowed 40 hours from start to first hole shot for this build.)

I am also going to graft a 93 Dakota front and rear to my daughters 49 Studebaker in my 'free time'. (also for Labor Day weekend)

My goals are rather 'lofty', but it takes longer to make them pretty than it does to make them GO and STOP. I put small value on 'PRETTY'.
The NEW owners can paint them any color they want to, MY job is to keep them from the CRUSHER!

92svx95 06-16-2007 04:20 AM

i have no comment,,,, ddaaaaa mannnnn,,, someone has to much fun with his free time... WHAT ABOUT a crait motor SVX 460 cobra jet(sorry for the chevy fans) a 460 cobra jet produces more hp and toque then any chevy :D
Are you sure your not restircted to reality? :confused:!! :D

subi-crosser 06-17-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92svx95
i have no comment,,,, ddaaaaa mannnnn,,, someone has to much fun with his free time... WHAT ABOUT a crait motor SVX 460 cobra jet(sorry for the chevy fans) a 460 cobra jet produces more hp and toque then any chevy :D

The only restrictions I have is in DOLLAR$ to spend on the toys.

It would be nice to have unlimited funds, but that is not the case.

The Subaru front end went under the Willys yesterday. It only took a little 'trimming' with the plas to make it fit. svxfiles and SVXbart were on hand for a while. I showed them a vid of auto-x from last year and 2 runs from this year that were filmed from the passenger seat.
I also showed Bart the 85 XT, my little red wagon and the 61 Ford convertable that I drove to high school 35 years ago. I could have shown him a lot of the others, but we didn't go to the farm, ( Planet MRAF)
Bart's car is SWEET! It has a few dings but he takes really good care of it.
It has a lot of 'curb appeal'.

subi-crosser 06-17-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92svx95

Tom, svxfiles presented a question that deserves a closer look........ (2) boxer sixes ganged together, boxer 12!!!, on a single car!
I don't see how we could do it without making a 'Stretched' front end, so I guess we would have to stretch the middle to make it look like it COULD have been something that actually existed. Since I have been activley involved in stretching a 48 Chevy and a 23 T bucket, I guess I can pull out the pencil and legal pad and come up with a design that might work.

I wonder if we could put it on the 1953 Case front end loader that I have stashed away???????????????

92svx95 06-17-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
Tom, svxfiles presented a question that deserves a closer look........ (2) boxer sixes ganged together, boxer 12!!!, on a single car!
I don't see how we could do it without making a 'Stretched' front end, so I guess we would have to stretch the middle to make it look like it COULD have been something that actually existed. Since I have been activley involved in stretching a 48 Chevy and a 23 T bucket, I guess I can pull out the pencil and legal pad and come up with a design that might work.

I wonder if we could put it on the 1953 Case front end loader that I have stashed away???????????????

ive always thought of the possibilities of a boxer eg33+ eg33= eg66 12cyl.... it would surly be unique, just making that beast fit on an svx is the problem...
i wouldnt mind a eg33 powered go-ped!!! :D