The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pink Engine Syndrome (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=663)

lightning_8669 06-21-2001 12:05 PM

Pink Engine Syndrome

Anybody else out there have this problem. After having your car's AC system service find the engine covered with a pink coating?:eek:

mohrds 06-21-2001 12:26 PM

<<After having your car's AC system service find the engine covered with a pink coating?>>

Nope. Never heard of such a thing. You better check the alcohol content on that O'Dules again.

BTW: It was also on the headlights, bumper and center panel, but I cleaned it off before it stained :)

Doug

lightning_8669 06-21-2001 12:31 PM

I cleaned it off before it stained

Yeah, but you at least didn't have to explain to your wife and neighbor why you were washing your engine at 9:30 at night.:) I'll have to take you up on that Gumout treatment sometime. Maybe use it on my pants let too (that statement might get some other member curious don't you think?).

eddycat2000 06-21-2001 12:35 PM

Re: Pink Engine Syndrome

Quote:

Originally posted by lightning_8669
Anybody else out there have this problem. After having your car's AC system service find the engine covered with a pink coating?:eek:
Maybe because refrigerant dye is red?;)

mohrds 06-21-2001 12:35 PM

<<Maybe use it on my pants let too>>

But remember, it is the cleanest oil you will probably find :)

<<Yeah, but you at least didn't have to explain to your wife and neighbor why you were washing your engine at 9:30 at night.>>

Don't worry. Niam told my wife and neighbor the whole story when we got home.

Did the stains come off the engine at all?

Doug

mohrds 06-21-2001 12:43 PM

<<Maybe because refrigerant dye is red?>>

Good Guees!!

But what would cause it to be everywhere instead of just around the leak...

Hint, there was beer at the scene.

Doug

lightning_8669 06-21-2001 12:46 PM

Did the stains come off the engine at all?

Best I can tell it did. It was pretty dark in the driveway and the skeeters were biting the hell out of me.

And I don't care if it is the "cleanest oil in town", I'm still not going to drink it!:D

lightning_8669 06-21-2001 01:47 PM

Advice

I guess the best advice I can give the other members of the board is to not let Doug fiddle with your hose. (no, he didn't fiddle with my hose, he fiddled with his friends hose:D ) Unfortunately it made a mess on my engine. I'm sure all the folks going to Rockford (no, I won't be there. VERY sorry to say) will get a blow by blow of what transpired. Right Doug?:D

mohrds 06-21-2001 02:07 PM

Sure. Anyone with guts enough to ask will get the whole story.

I still think you should come down after your obligations. I'm sure we'll still be socializing for many hours after you would get there.

Doug

Aredubjay 06-21-2001 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
Sure. Anyone with guts enough to ask will get the whole story.

I still think you should come down after your obligations. I'm sure we'll still be socializing for many hours after you would get there.

Doug

I ain't EVEN gonna ask.:eek:

1994SubaruSVX 06-21-2001 03:08 PM

oh dont worry.....

i will be sure to ask.....i want all the gruesome details. :D i can just hear the psychologist in me coming out.

Aredubjay 06-21-2001 03:19 PM

<<i can just hear the psychologist in me coming out.>>

Sheesh, I had no idea, when I met you. I bet Marcela is surprised to. I wish you'd picked another occasion to "come out" though. :D

1994SubaruSVX 06-21-2001 04:10 PM

you are too funny.....

i have a psychology degree and on occasion i have to use. i official retired it when i stopped counseling but like i said it has been put to use on occasion, especially dealing with some of the nutjobs on this site. :D

svxistentialist 06-21-2001 05:14 PM

Re: I cleaned it off before it stained

Quote:

Originally posted by lightning_8669
Yeah, but you at least didn't have to explain to your wife and neighbor why you were washing your engine at 9:30 at night.:) I'll have to take you up on that Gumout treatment sometime. Maybe use it on my pants let too (that statement might get some other member curious don't you think?).
Last thing we want around here is curious members. We've had all the other kind, and there could be ladies on the forum.

Joe:)

Aredubjay 06-21-2001 05:48 PM

Hmmmm. This thread gets curiouser and curioser. :D