The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Speeding Ticket - But date to appear in court is incorrect (can I get out of this?) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14612)

gcookaustin 11-23-2003 04:33 PM

Speeding Ticket - But date to appear in court is incorrect (can I get out of this?)

I just got a speeding ticket today while borrowing a friend's car. I had been driving for about two minutes when I got onto the Interstate. I hadn't been going but a mile or so when I got pulled over for doing a 75 in a 55 (The officer paced me). I'm thinking of arguing that, since I was unfamiliar with my friend's car, I wasn't used to its handling and in trying to accelerate and merge on the interstate I wasn't watching my speed. Also, on the ticket the court date is written as "Fri the 21 day of Dec 2003." The 21st day of December is a Sunday. I'm assuming that the correct date is the 12th, but I'm not sure how to play dumb and show up on the 21st without having had a warrant out for my arrest. Any ideas?

Also, does the Manual button change up the torque applied to the front/rear, or just lock out first gear?

Thanks,

Mr. Pockets 11-23-2003 04:47 PM

I would say that you should call the courthouse to get the correct date for your case. And if you show up and give the judge the same story, you'll probably get out of the points, but not the fine.

So I would say it's worth it.

As for the manual button, it has absolutely nothing to do with torque split, as far as I know.

benebob 11-23-2003 05:38 PM

Personally if I were you I'd "go" to court on the 21st then show up the next day complaining that no one else was there.

SubaSteevo 11-23-2003 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Personally if I were you I'd "go" to court on the 21st then show up the next day complaining that no one else was there.
Ditto

Alcyone SVX LSL 11-23-2003 07:07 PM

Iv been there and done that....just ended up paying the ticket.
The Cop didnt fill out any of the ticket right and he gave me and outrageous fine but it was bout 100 miles away from home so i ended up just paying the thing instead of driving back to fight the ticket on the corrected court date.

Gargoyle 11-23-2003 07:43 PM

Look in the Yellow pages & call a few lawers, I had one in the late 90's that could get allmost any speeding ticket tossed.
It's all in knowing the law IE: radar calibrations ,Odometer Cal cop cars most recent spedometer certifaction ( thigs like that have to be recertified every so often by law ) and these along with out properly filling out the ticket are things A $100-$200 lawer can take advantage of and have tossed .
My lawer had 5 other people there with me & all 6 where dissmised.
The cops & the courts count on you going in & taken a * PLEA *So they still get ya. But the courts are clogged & those lawers are out there for you if the cost is worth the price of the ticket & points thats what i would do.

Haven't had a ticket in 4 years KNOCK ON EVERYTHING

Chicane 11-24-2003 10:20 AM

I recieved a ticket for going 755mph in a 55. Yes, it was with the SVX.

- Rob

Gargoyle 11-24-2003 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I recieved a ticket for going 755mph in a 55. Yes, it was with the SVX.

- Rob

Perhaps its just me but I think even I could get out of a 700 MPH over the limit ticket.
Are you sure you where not riding in a stolen Delorean ?:rolleyes:

Chicane 11-24-2003 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gargoyle

Perhaps its just me but I think even I could get out of a 700 MPH over the limit ticket.
Are you sure you where not riding in a stolen Delorean ?:rolleyes:

Nah, I had to pay it. They knew it meant 75... but that was still kinda cool. :)

- Rob

mbtoloczko 11-24-2003 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
No need to complain. If the officer does not appear to defend the ticket, you automatically get out of it.

gcookaustin 11-24-2003 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mbtoloczko

No need to complain. If the officer does not appear to defend the ticket, you automatically get out of it.

Not here. The officer only has to appear if you plead "not guilty," and if he's unable to make it then they just reschedule.

Porter 11-24-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
As for the manual button, it has absolutely nothing to do with torque split, as far as I know.
I thought it locked up at 50:50 in 1st & 2nd in Manual mode. I think I read that somewhere, I'll go look for it. :)

GreenMarine 11-24-2003 01:12 PM

Well dude, I could tell ya to be bold and show up with the tickett in your hand on the date that is on the tickett... Then when noone is there come back the next day and act all pissed off about noone being there.... But actually I just got a tickett too and I'm just gonna stand up and face the music... I was doing wrong and I have the common sense to know better... Sometimes if ya go to the courthouse and are respectful to the judge and act like you are ready to accept punishment for your actions then they will just give ya a small fine and you won't get any points on your insurance... That's what I'm gonna do...

SHISVX 11-24-2003 01:36 PM

getting a lawyer will get you out of a ticket...there are laws that all equipment must be inspected and certed...a whole list of things lawyers can get their greasy hands into. you can also request to see the info, if it isn't correct, you walk

i would come on the day they say...and act like you didn't know any better, but then again can't you get in trouble for not appearing in court or paying the ticket? i have to look that one up...either way, after you show them the ticket you have, then it would get cleared, but it would be a PITA to deal with it

Kelli

Scott 11-24-2003 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Well dude, I could tell ya to be bold and show up with the tickett in your hand on the date that is on the tickett... Then when noone is there come back the next day and act all pissed off about noone being there.... But actually I just got a tickett too and I'm just gonna stand up and face the music... I was doing wrong and I have the common sense to know better... Sometimes if ya go to the courthouse and are respectful to the judge and act like you are ready to accept punishment for your actions then they will just give ya a small fine and you won't get any points on your insurance... That's what I'm gonna do...
Just remember to wear your uniform. Might get a patriotic discount.