The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How I see SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51701)

SoCal LS-L 09-16-2009 02:30 PM

How I see SVX World Network

I have noticed when a lot of people respond to others posts, they use arrows pointing up, indicating they use the default option of always seeing the oldest posts first. I use the opposite so I see the newest responses first, hence not having to scroll or link through the thread to see whats new. Am I alone here?

Wikedjuggalo 09-16-2009 02:33 PM

Re: How I see SVX World Network

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 617842)
I have noticed when a lot of people respond to others posts, they use arrows pointing up, indicating they use the default option of always seeing the oldest posts first. I use the opposite so I see the newest responses first, hence not having to scroll or link through the thread to see whats new. Am I alone here?

I got lazy. I didn't feel like having to remove the image. But I don't honestly see it too much. :lol:

NikFu S. 09-16-2009 02:33 PM

But if you want to read through a discussion in a logical fashion you will have to scroll to the bottom and move upward. :confused:

shelfy 09-16-2009 02:35 PM

i answered the poll question wrong. TH

postcount + 1

SoCal LS-L 09-16-2009 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 617844)
But if you want to read through a discussion in a logical fashion you will have to scroll to the bottom and move upward. :confused:

Sure, but it only happens once, you get the jist of it, then from then on you can easily see all the newest responses :) I dunno maybe im just dyslexic ?

BoxerFanatic 09-16-2009 02:38 PM

I always view forums and threads beginning at the top, most recent at the bottom.

It does take some scrolling, but it allows me to read the whole thread, and follow the course of the discussion as if I am reading a page.

Plus, chances are, I am not reading only one new post, and scrolling down only to scroll back upward is no easier than scrolling down through familiar text, and starting to read when it becomes new, and following to the newest on the bottom, and maybe adding a comment further down below that. It is a logical progression.

Reading text from top down, and then skipping upward to the next chronological text block is not as fast, or as intuitive, compared to following the text down the screen, like you would read a book, or any other written material.

A scrolling mouse or a multi-touch trackpad makes scrolling down an automatic action.

MadMaxSvx 09-16-2009 02:53 PM

I read the new ones first, but only because it was the default configuration, and i got used of that. I think is smarter to have the older ones first and then just scroll down, but i am too lazy to go to configurations and try to figure out how to change this:rolleyes:
Also i have the option of going to the first unread, i suppose its the default, because i didnt change any option.

subeman90 09-16-2009 03:12 PM

^^^^^^^what he said? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have no opinion here but I did want to use arrows.

1986nate 09-16-2009 04:20 PM

I'm with you So-cal, I have a good memory so I can just like seeing the newest posts that I haven't read yet. I try to go on here at least once a day if not more so it would be pointless for me to be going to the first post every time.

NikFu S. 09-16-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 617846)
Sure, but it only happens once, you get the jist of it, then from then on you can easily see all the newest responses :) I dunno maybe im just dyslexic ?

To me it seems there is no guarantee that the most recent posts will be of any value, so a natural progression through the discussion will allow me to either [attempt to] absorb or just skip right through the posts.

There is also a very good chance that a thread will have multiple pages before I get to it, especially seeing as I rarely log on these days. I would prefer not to back track the whole way through. *shrug*

I suppose if you are logged on very frequently and going through every thread as soon as it's made and make an attempt to view every post as it is made, your method is more efficient. :)

subiemech85 09-16-2009 06:44 PM

^^^ what he said! :D

when logging in I use New Posts

SoCal LS-L 09-16-2009 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NikFu S. (Post 617888)
I suppose if you are logged on very frequently and going through every thread as soon as it's made and make an attempt to view every post as it is made, your method is more efficient. :)

Lmao, thats the nice way of saying "Newest First people have no life, the nerds". :lol: j/p

I just say once I read through a thread, I dont want to have to skip past all of it again to see whats been replied, especially when its multiple pages.

BUT, after its all said and done, postcount +1 !

Trevor 09-16-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCal LS-L (Post 617892)
Lmao, thats the nice way of saying "Newest First people have no life, the nerds". :lol: j/p

I just say once I read through a thread, I dont want to have to skip past all of it again to see whats been replied, especially when its multiple pages.

BUT, after its all said and done, postcount +1 !

In doing so do you read only the last post, then assume you have the whole story?:confused: It has been apparent to me that many do just this, and by doing so, do not get all of the posted relevant facts. ;)

MadMaxSvx 09-16-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 617908)
In doing so do you read only the last post, then assume you have the whole story?:confused: It has been apparent to me that many do just this, and by doing so, do not get all of the posted relevant facts. ;)

First, i read ALL the posts of an interesting thread, then, when i log in next time, i just enter again to see the updates.

SoCal LS-L 09-16-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMaxSvx (Post 617916)
First, i read ALL the posts of an interesting thread, then, when i log in next time, i just enter again to see the updates.

Exactly !! Thats what ive been saying this whole time!

Someone read only the last post, then assumed they had the whole story :D