The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   subaruparts.com (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49329)

SVXMAN2001 03-03-2009 06:11 AM

subaruparts.com

I recently purchased a set of suspension parts from subaruparts.com. I found that their prices were reasonable and the fact that they incorporate the diagrams for each section (engine, suspension, transmission...) really helps out a potential buyer. I usually go through liberty subaru in ordaell, nj. But this time I t hought I would give subaruparts a try. The order obviously takes place online, so there really isn't a issue there. My issue however, is it has taken over a week to get my parts. I ordered within the last week of february and have still not received my parts. Whereas compared to liberty subaru I would have had the parts within 2 -3 days of having purchased the parts. So needless to say I won't be going back to subaruparts based soley on the lengthy time between purchase and receipt of the ordered parts. Prices are comparable, although subaruparts seems to hike up their shipping costs.

Just thought I'd pass my experience along.

ShiuludeSVX 03-03-2009 08:17 AM

Re: subaruparts.com

I had to wait also, but time was not a factor at that point.
I did poke at them a couple of times, to make it get moving. But I was also able to beat all other quoted new prices by using them.

evilsvx 03-03-2009 10:31 AM

i got my engine parts (head gaskets, valve cover gasket, ...) from www.1stsubaruparts.com/ really good prices. i went to the dealer for some parts that came up to 350 bucks and when i went to that website and type the parts number i got the total of 200 bucks, big nice saving for me

SVXMAN2001 03-03-2009 10:45 AM

I agree, the prices are very good, its just the level of turn around. If you don't mind waiting a week or so for parts than subaruparts is your place to go. However, the prices at Liberty Subaru are just as good, if not better. Not to mention there is a knowledgeable person always available to answer my questions.

I posted this simply to let other members aware that although subaruparts prices are good, don't expect to get the parts in a relatively short amount of time. For instance, I had planned to purchase the parts and install them over the weekend, however because the parts didn't arrive now I am pushed back another week.

Earthworm 03-03-2009 05:12 PM

I don't expect to get ANY parts in a reasonable amount of time. Almost everything I've ordered for my car had to "come from Japan".

Green1995SVX 03-04-2009 12:31 PM

I had the exact same problem with them and posted about it a couple of months ago.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48802

Mike621 03-04-2009 01:40 PM

I use Jackie at Annapolis Subaru for all of my OEM parts needs! I don't go anywhere else. :D

Quick, friendly, and accurate service!

dannmarr 03-05-2009 03:21 PM

I actually requested next day service and got my parts a week later. The good thing is they refunded the shipping charges.

svx syncro 03-05-2009 09:09 PM

2 weeks for my parts

rallyingrob 03-09-2009 05:46 PM

the 19.95$ shipping to Canada is bull sh!T though !!

i managed to get some rear suspension bushings from "my guy" at subaru for a REALLLY good price
and ZERO shipping charges...:D

not to mention duty charges etc

ps...the local dealer couldnt even FIND the parts i needed listed in their system

so i WILL give hats off to subaru parts, cuz i was able to find the parts and part numbers myself in under a minute to give to my guy...:)

paulmeisterpk 03-10-2009 02:09 PM

I always go with subarugenuineparts.com I've never had slow shipping with them.