The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Member... Hello to all (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48676)

macadamianut 01-19-2009 10:12 AM

New Member... Hello to all

Hello all,

New member here with a green 95 L-AWD with 74,000 mi. purchased from "wawazat??". I was in high school when this car came into dealerships and I've wanted one ever since. Finally it fits into my life. Sometimes the poster on the wall is something that should stay there, but in this case I cannot put into words how happy I am with this car. It just seems to do everything well and is a true pleasure to drive everywhere. I also have a 1993 Porsche 968 (another boyhood dream of mine, I like weird cars,) but it doesn't give you the same "what do you want to do today best friend" feel the svx proclaims. The 968 just wants to run-and-play and isn't very happy when you can't. (It's also not so great in 8" of snow.)

The SVX is my daily driver here in Michigan now, and as a Subaru, is a pretty damn great winter vehicle. I'm consistently impressed.

Of course, I still have a ton of questions for you all and hopefully some answers to a few of yours.

Thanks,
Mac

Crazy_pilot 01-19-2009 10:24 AM

Re: New Member... Hello to all

Welcome to the club! There's a huge amount of knowledge on this board, and a lot of very nice people to answer any questions you have.

wyldnwoody44 01-19-2009 11:21 AM

Welcome, Im also prettty new here but have found a ton of help!! Hope you enjoy!!

ensteele 01-19-2009 11:49 AM

Welcome and I'm glad you are here. Your car is familiar with this site. :lol: I hope you have many carefree miles with your new friend. Good luck. :)

ensteele 01-19-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macadamianut (Post 582865)
Hello all,

New member here with a green 95 L-AWD with 74,000 mi. purchased from "wawazat??".

Mac

When you have a chance, register your car by filling out the info on the Registration forum. I didn't have wawazat's info yet. Thanks

Ron Mummert 01-19-2009 01:33 PM

If this is the car I believe it to be, it's the one that I & John Hoffman (SVXcess) test drove for Todd prior to his purchase of it in Maryland. It was owned by perhaps the most anal woman in the western hemisphere. She insisted on us using paper floor mats when doing the test run. As I remember it had less than 20K on the clock at that time, & Doris, the owner cried when Todd drove it away. Looks like Todd's wife ran up the mileage a bit using it as a commuter, but Todd was nearly as "finicky" as Doris, so it sounds like you got a real plum.
Now, get out the Q-tips & keep it that way.

Best 'o luck. :)

Ron.

subi-crosser 01-19-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macadamianut (Post 582865)
Hello all,

New member here with a green 95 L-AWD with 74,000 mi. purchased from "wawazat??". I was in high school when this car came into dealerships and I've wanted one ever since. Finally it fits into my life. Sometimes the poster on the wall is something that should stay there, but in this case I cannot put into words how happy I am with this car. It just seems to do everything well and is a true pleasure to drive everywhere. I also have a 1993 Porsche 968 (another boyhood dream of mine, I like weird cars,) but it doesn't give you the same "what do you want to do today best friend" feel the svx proclaims. The 968 just wants to run-and-play and isn't very happy when you can't. (It's also not so great in 8" of snow.)

The SVX is my daily driver here in Michigan now, and as a Subaru, is a pretty damn great winter vehicle. I'm consistently impressed.

Of course, I still have a ton of questions for you all and hopefully some answers to a few of yours.

Thanks,
Mac

Keep the salt washed off!!

WELCOME

wawazat?? 01-19-2009 02:53 PM

Hiya Mac! Thanks for dropping in and introducing yourself:). These cars are truly awesome in the snow, though my wife's Legacy specB with Blizzak WS-50's is pretty impressive as well.

Yup, Earl and Ron this is the car that I purcahsed from Doris with 33k on it back in 2005. Sad to see it go but it was only driven about 3 times since the birth of our son last May and our move before that. Priorities change for the better in our case, I think;)

Todd

ensteele 01-19-2009 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 582911)
Priorities change for the better in our case, I think. ;)

Todd

:eek: How can NOT owning a SVX be for the better? :eek: :confused: :) Good luck Todd. ;)

wawazat?? 01-19-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 582914)
:eek: How can NOT owning a SVX be for the better? :eek: :confused: :) Good luck Todd. ;)

You, my dear friend, have issues:p:D:p:lol: All one has to do is merely look up above ^^^ to see it is so!

Todd

subi-crosser 01-19-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 582921)
You, my dear friend, have issues:p:D:p:lol: All one has to do is merely look up above ^^^ to see it is so!

Todd

I only have one and a half! (SVX)

ensteele 01-19-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 582921)

Todd

Yes, I know there is more than SVX! (as a bolt of lightning come from the sky!) That is a great car, and there aren't many as nice as that one. ;) :)