The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   need some Barcalona Red (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2594)

eclique 01-27-2002 10:25 PM

need some Barcalona Red

I know I read someahere about the touchup paint for the 93 Barcalona Red but can't find anything using the search engine ! Any help and where to find some. I can spray but just want alittle at this point to fix a couple of chips I dont want to start rusting.
thanks
Mike

Seraph 01-27-2002 11:03 PM

I have a 94 bar. red too. The dealer does not have the paint. The only way is to go to a body shop and tell them to mix one for you. Last time, I wanted to paint my 97 grill red and the bodyshop told me that he will charge 80 for the grill + will mix extra for touch up.

Should not cost much

Lwin

eclique 01-28-2002 06:42 AM

Thanks I was hopin I wouldn't have to do that but oh well.
mike

1994SubaruSVX 01-28-2002 07:30 AM

what seraphim??

i bought a small bottle of touch up paint from the dealer. it cost me almost $20.

call subaruparts.com and i am sure they can get it for you. i think i still have some at home. if you want i will check and see if there is a part number on the bottle.

Mr. Pockets 01-28-2002 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraphim
I have a 94 bar. red too. The dealer does not have the paint. The only way is to go to a body shop and tell them to mix one for you. Last time, I wanted to paint my 97 grill red and the bodyshop told me that he will charge 80 for the grill + will mix extra for touch up.

Should not cost much

Lwin

What's the paint code for your '94? If it is, as you say, Barcelona Red, then I have to stop telling people that my '93 is only one of 300 built with that color. I thought any reds from 94-97 were Brilliant Red.

BTW I also bought my bottle of touch-up paint at the dealer. It cost me maybe $8-9.

1994SubaruSVX 01-28-2002 09:21 AM

then i got slaughtered on price.

my car is definitely barcelona red. it is not a bright red like the 97's. it is a dark deep red. i will try and get the paint code for you. my dealer charged me $9 for a stupid replacement key. :rolleyes:

Mr. Pockets 01-28-2002 09:26 AM

Re: then i got slaughtered on price.

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
my car is definitely barcelona red. it is not a bright red like the 97's. it is a dark deep red. i will try and get the paint code for you. my dealer charged me $9 for a stupid replacement key. :rolleyes:
Actually, I just looked on Joe Spitz's site and he also claims that Barcelona Red was available in '94. Heh - I didn't know that. :)

1994SubaruSVX 01-28-2002 09:51 AM

i thought the brilliant red.....

was only available after 94. i could be wrong. all the 97's came with brilliant red paint right?

Aredubjay 01-28-2002 10:31 AM

Re: then i got slaughtered on price.

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
Yep, I paid 10.50 each for two blanks from the dealership here (yeah, the one with the 4,600.00 tranny replacement -- grrrrrr). That was before I knew about subaruparts.com (less than 5 bucks for OE replacment key blanks). Of course, they cut them for free.:rolleyes:

eclique 01-28-2002 07:28 PM

Hey guys some of the questions you just stated I found answers on this link.
http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html#1992%20SVX
post any info about the touch up pait if you fine any I do appreciate it thanks Mike

Mr. Pockets 01-29-2002 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by eclique
Hey guys some of the questions you just stated I found answers on this link.
http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html#1992%20SVX
post any info about the touch up pait if you fine any I do appreciate it thanks Mike

Right - I'm sure we all know about Joe's site. But his info is not 100% accurate 100% of the time.

As for touch up paint, your local dealer should be able to get it for you. Mine did.

eclique 01-29-2002 08:22 AM

OK Pockets thanks

Mr. Pockets 01-29-2002 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by eclique
OK Pockets thanks
No problem - just have the paint code handy when you visit or call them. You can find the paint code on the plaque that's under your hood on the left side - about where the upper strut mount is.

Good luck!

It also occurs to me that, if you have anything else to buy, you might do well to order from www.subaruparts.com. But the shipping cost might not be worth ordering the touch up paint from them, if that's all you need.

eclique 01-29-2002 09:22 AM

I have ordered manual and a harmonic balancer from them so I know thier service. Will report that although they screwed up my orders, and Unless u are curious I won't go into it now cause its a little bit of a story, they were real open and apologetic and knocked as much off the bill as posible including free shipping on my last order and a .am well pleased with them. Just remember to call by phone to order the email service is handled by one guy and he is overwhelmed. You will see what I mean if you call you hear message alerts going off every few seconds about web orders and emails.
Thanks again
Mike

htyei 01-29-2002 10:15 AM

OE key blanks!

Touch up paint for my Dark Teal recently cust 6.75 in Santa Monica, California, ... cost 10.00 in San Jose, California...

I got a key made at subaru and was disappointed to find
it was a generic ILCO rubberhead, good news is they didnt charge me!.

I will order an oem key from subaru parts next time i order something.

Subaru parts takes Subaru 100 dolalr vouchers fromt eh Subaru Mastercard, correct?

So all I need is to give subaruparts my key code, and they'll cut it when I order the spare key?