The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Aluminum Radiators with 5 pass trans cooler! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22659)

lhopp77 04-11-2005 10:18 AM

Waiting

Also waiting for PWR corrective action (minimum a cap) until I install the two (2) I have. Would not recommend puchasing one until they are corrected.

Lee

TomsSVX 04-11-2005 12:00 PM

Just called Josh at PWR and asked for an update on the caps. They apporved the quote for the shop to make them. The caps are in the process of being made. Once they are made they will be shipped out to all of us. Just keepin ya informed.

Tom

Electrophil 04-11-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomssvx
Just called Josh at PWR and asked for an update on the caps. They apporved the quote for the shop to make them. The caps are in the process of being made. Once they are made they will be shipped out to all of us. Just keepin ya informed.

Tom

Thanks Tom.

immortal_suby 04-11-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Whoa! An electric fan? Did you fabricate or is there a place where I can buy one?

Perfect for stop and go desert climates!! :)

Perma-cool # 12511. Comes with the fan already installed.
Mounted in the drivers fenderwell
http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...l_suby/193.jpg

lhopp77 04-11-2005 12:53 PM

Update

Thanks for the update, Tom. Like I said before--they don't need all of us calling them.

Lee

TheRightWingSVX 04-11-2005 01:22 PM

oem radiator?

Does anyone know what the stock number for the radiator is in a 92' SVX? Subaruparts.com lists two different ones?

immortal_suby 04-11-2005 01:28 PM

Drove about 60 miles today in stop and go traffic. It's 82 degrees here. No problems at all with the PWR. No leaks from the cap, no exploded lines, no high temps. Great radiator!

Electrophil 04-11-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Perma-cool # 12511. Comes with the fan already installed.
Mounted in the drivers fenderwell

Excellent! Thanks for the great info. I did a quick search and found your model here: http://www.alamomotorsports.com/pmc/Cat_page13-1.html

Sounds like a reasonable price to pay!! :)

Earthworm 04-12-2005 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRightWingSVX
Does anyone know what the stock number for the radiator is in a 92' SVX? Subaruparts.com lists two different ones?

They actually aren't listing 2 different parts. The part number for both links is still 45199PA001.

Porter 04-12-2005 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRightWingSVX
My tank just cracked and am looking for one of these fancy custom radiators. Any idea if there are any left and how long they would take to get?

I can get one for you as soon as PWR makes them available, we are a dealer for PWR. Drop me an email at jporter@topspeedsales.com and I will respond with an estimate of availability as soon as I hear back from PWR.

immortal_suby 04-13-2005 05:17 PM

Has anyone using the stock subaru (not PWR supplied) radiator cap had an issue with blowing a hose off? I see now there have been 3 blown hoses with the PWR cap.

TomsSVX 04-13-2005 05:40 PM

AVPPOW blew off a hose with his stock cap.

Tom

Electrophil 04-13-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Has anyone using the stock subaru (not PWR supplied) radiator cap had an issue with blowing a hose off? I see now there have been 3 blown hoses with the PWR cap.

I figured it out the hard way when my new $130 silicone hose oozed it's way out of position, and sent water all over my engine.

Some of us have not jury-rigged our caps with a dremel and a roll of duct tape.

Since closing the cap fully puts it 45 degrees off parallel, (An obvious performance trick of some kind ), the hood closes on the cap of the too tall radiator with more pressure on one side of the cap than the other.

So it bends the cap down at an angle, and that keeps the pressure cap from exhausting at 15pounds as it should. We can't keep the caps at the parallel stop of course, for it leaks there, and we overheat within 30 minutes.

So we all need to break out our dremels and set around cutting up radiator caps to resolve this latest of problems.

Somebody make a label. Have it say.....................

"Warning: This is a performance product. It's not going to work right unless you enjoy jury rigging your car with duct tape like the pros are obviously doing with their 1500HP engines."

Then send them out to us so the ones that try to keep their cars running well without superglue will be reminded what is up.

Nope.... not a happy puppy. My tail... It just ain't waggin' about this. Just ain't wagging at all...

Let me look around there again to be sure......

Nope!! Still ain't wagging.

Rotorflyr 04-13-2005 06:55 PM

Phil,
Get over it already.
Go buy an earless cap at the auto-part store until Power can send out the caps they are supposedly having made.
I understand your dissapointment in the radiator and agree Power droped the ball on certin aspects but if it is that bad, I'll tell ya what Im gonna do------Send me your aluminium radiator, problems and all, and in return, I'll send you my stock plastic one, with no cracks or leaks and we'll call it even. :D

TomsSVX 04-13-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotorflyr
Phil,
Get over it already.
Go buy an earless cap at the auto-part store until Power can send out the caps they are supposedly having made.
I understand your dissapointment in the radiator and agree Power droped the ball on certin aspects but if it is that bad, I'll tell ya what Im gonna do------Send me your aluminium radiator, problems and all, and in return, I'll send you my stock plastic one, with no cracks or leaks and we'll call it even. :D

OK we are not gonna do this again. Just settle down PWR is gonna make the new caps just wait for them. If you can't wait, return the radiator for your refund and shut the **** up!!! I am sorry but its getting old fast.

Tom