The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Aluminum Radiators with 5 pass trans cooler! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22659)

THAWA 11-15-2004 08:51 PM

how long is this going to last?

and do they anodize end caps? How much more would that be if they do it?

ensteele 11-15-2004 10:20 PM

1. Chris
2. alltrac most definitely YES
3. immortal_suby
4. ensteele

Chris 11-15-2004 10:48 PM

Re: Need 1992 ASAP car down see post above

Quote:

Originally posted by star52
1992 , drop in? time frame and how many do we have as of now?
Four have been confirmed so for with several possibles. 16 to go.

As for as fit, it should be a drop in replacement for all SVX's, 1992-1997.

manofmayo 11-15-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
1. Chris
3. immortal_suby
4. ensteele

so Earl....will that be 1 or 7?

Chris 11-16-2004 01:54 AM

I am fairly sure that once the batch of 20 is done, further orders of about 5 at a time can be done. They just want to make sure they get their money for time investment for CNC work and jig manufacturing. We are alsking alot and I dont feel as if their request of 20 at first is to bad. Look at it from their side, we want a few radiators made for a vehicle that is no longer produced. Top it off with the fact that when it was produced, the numbers were quite limited.

I will ship off my radiator to them when we reach 15 and it looks good to hit the 20 mark. I am sure for you people that are on the happier side of credit, VISA and MC will be taken. I will inquire in the morning about all optinons like Discover and AMEX.

joe2rule 11-16-2004 05:39 AM

Re: Radiator

Quote:

Originally posted by cdigerlando
I don't know if you remember, but I tried organizing one of these purchases a while ago. Not much interest. Yes, I am interested. C&R was going to build one for me anyway. The trouble we ran into was the bottom bracket design. It would need to be cut off in order to fit a standard radiator in that location, and new brackets made. Also I have an external tranny cooler, which I think anyone replacing a radiator should do for this car. Makes the project less complicated.
Can you post pics so we can see what external tranny cooler looks like?

star52 11-16-2004 06:02 AM

add me to your group

I am a definate buyer if the deal makes in the near future.

Chris 11-16-2004 07:30 AM

Re: Re: Radiator

Quote:

Originally posted by joe2rule

Can you post pics so we can see what external tranny cooler looks like?

The trans cooler is internal (in the lower radiator tank). The factory cooler is only a one pass, ie the fluid comes in on the left of the tank, passes to the right, then back the the left and out. The new one will either be a 4 or 5 pass. 5 would be better, but it also would mean a minor hose extension on the return line to the tranny. Will inquire about some pictures of some of their other work similar to our application.

joe2rule 11-16-2004 07:51 AM

Great thanks!

Look forward to the pics! :-)

AFBeefcake 11-16-2004 07:59 AM

1. Chris
3. immortal_suby
4. ensteele
5. AFBeefcake

I'm in now

ensteele 11-16-2004 08:20 AM

1. Chris
3. immortal_suby
4. ensteele
5. AFBeefcake
6. star52

If you will buy, your name down. The sooner we get the names, the sooner this will happen. :)

Chris 11-16-2004 09:30 AM

Answers to posted questions + more good news

ANSWERS!
Clint at PWR performance provided these answers today:

Time table, 5-6 weeks before shipping. (we are going to do out best to speed this up, the core radiator will ship out to them for measurments on Thursday this week!)

Credit cards: AMEX, Visa, MC (Sorry, no Discovery)

Drop in replacement: Yes. Attention to detail on this build will result in a nice easy drop in replacement.

Added coolant capacity: Yes, about 1 quart.

Anodized? Unknown. All the aluminum radiators will come in standard finish. He is however going to look into custom anodized tanks and cost for those who request interest.

Pics: He suggests to view their website.
PWR Performance (USA site)

Need for aftermarket external transcooler: He says the cooler in the lower tank of the new radiators is more than plenty for our application. He noted two more things. Secondary aftermarket coolers could not hurt & the in radiator coolers/heat exchangers provide for better cooling and temp control.

Shipping to Canada: Forgot to ask, sorry. Will email him with the question.

After the initial batch run of 20, they will keep some in stock. From then on, we will have a source for quality aftermarket replacements!!!!

TomsSVX 11-16-2004 10:06 AM

1. Chris
3. immortal_suby
4. ensteele
5. AFBeefcake
6. star52
7. Tomssvx

Chris 11-16-2004 10:12 AM

Since I started this, I will deal with the first trial fit and check for problems. I will also document the whole thing and ask Clint at PWR for assembly pictures. Will also request pictures of our crappy transcooler in the lower tank.

I am excited! How about you? Been a while since a major development in SVX aftermarket parts. I just wish I got in on the carbon-fiber hoods :(

star52 11-16-2004 11:56 AM

92 SVX for the list

92 SVX for the list-previously posted to purchase.