The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   MOD Mania (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mid-Height Wing (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161)

svxboy 03-22-2001 08:32 PM

For any one looking for a factory style wing, maybe one that is a little taller, you can go with one made for 94-99 Acura Integra. It fits perfectly, but you will have to drill 4 holes. It also has a long LED brake light. Both myself and Phil (Phastsvx) have this wing. Best of all, you can get it from NOPI parts for around $200 plus the cost of painting. It has the same 17 inch side profile as the factory wing and stands about 6.5 inches tall. I have pictures in my yahoo briefcase if you want to check it out. Once I find the invoice, I will post the exact part #.
-Greg
http://profiles.yahoo.com/fastestsvx

RRX 03-22-2001 09:55 PM

Wing

If I fits along the edges like the stock spoiler, Im definately interested. I couldn't really tell by your picts but it looks nice. Thats a good price too. Post that part# when you find it.

svxboy 03-22-2001 09:59 PM

Wing

As long as the wing is mounted all the way back to the back edge of the trunk, it fits almost like the rear wing along the edges. - Greg

1994SubaruSVX 03-23-2001 11:32 AM

what's with the chrome edging??

what made you decide to chrome the window edging?? just curious?

svxboy 03-23-2001 08:40 PM

Its not chrome edgeing

That is a white 1/4 inch wide pin striping material. It matches my white stickers. I did that after my windows were tinted because I wanted to still accent the bar that runs through the windows. Sorry, but I personally hate chrome. Its alright on rims, but anything else it looks ghetto. -Greg

Rev Hard 03-24-2001 01:51 AM

I happen...

.... to like chrome. Not particularly on the SVX but on lincolns Lexus and Cadillacs it looks good.

PAUL!

RRX 03-24-2001 01:03 PM

Chrome

I have chrome rims on my svx, and they look damn good. I cant see putting chrome anywhere else on the car though.

suby_qa 03-25-2001 07:47 PM

SVXBOY

If you have your camera handy and don't mind, take a few pictures of your rear spoiler close up and from a side angle. It looks VERY GOOD from a distance and I am seriously considering going this route. If possible though I would like to see it close up. Thanks

RRX 03-25-2001 08:52 PM

Spoiler

1 Attachment(s)
Is that the same spoiler as this

svxboy 03-26-2001 02:02 AM

Spoiler

Thats pretty close. Next time I get to borrow my buddies digital cam. I will post some more pics of the wing, ok -Greg

1994SubaruSVX 03-26-2001 01:07 PM

it's white??

im sorry but it looks a little ghetto......but to eachs own! good luck with your car.

Aredubjay 03-26-2001 01:43 PM

<<im sorry but it looks a little ghetto.>>

Okay, I'm still getting used to youthful terminologies. So, is "ghetto" bad, and "pimp" good? In other words ghetto = "bummin'" and "pimp" = "groovy." (Leave me alone, my mind is still hitchhiking back from Yasgar's farm). :D

1994SubaruSVX 03-26-2001 03:27 PM

terminology explaination

ghetto for me is kind of gaudy or overdone. i dont like things that stand out too much or that are too obvious. the white edging is just a little "ghetto" for my tastes. it doesnt necessarily mean it is bad. i dont like chrome rims either but they are not bad. i like simplicity and symmetry.

Aredubjay 03-26-2001 03:37 PM

<<i like simplicity and symmetry.>>

Oh Lord. Not another engineer! :)

Phast SVX 03-26-2001 04:15 PM

pin stripe

1 Attachment(s)
Ive decided to go wiht a black metallic pinstriping for my window split. I bought it like 3 months ago, but it hasnt been warm enough for the adhesive to stick. I think my striping may be a bit to stiff to work, but we'll find out. IT was cheap for alot of it. I didnt think the white would look good on my pearly, its not as brilliant as it use to be. :(
Got my spoiler light hooked up today. Going wiht Greg's (svxboy) Instructions i just hooked it up before the brake light relay, otherwise it will not work due to some kind of voltage sensor/regulater. I recamned this wing to anybody, i have mine mounted at about stock settings, but may bondo the holes and move it all the way to the back of the trunk lid...(i know, more holes, im undecided if it would be a good choice or not) Heres a picture of my spoiler set where it is, tell me if you think it really would look that much better if i mounted it back.
later,
phil