The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Pops A Dent? (Have you tried this?) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54974)

SSSVX 07-06-2010 12:55 PM

Pops A Dent? (Have you tried this?)

Got a new ding on my door. Kinda annoying if I see that. Especially if I know where it is at. Autobody shop can fix it for around eighty bucks. But....then...

Has anyone used this before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tN7b8xuySQ

How well does it work? Just wonder.

SilverSpear 07-06-2010 01:36 PM

Re: Pops A Dent? (Have you tried this?)

I bought the kit, but never got around to using it.

It should work on large surfaces...

bwb3 07-06-2010 01:49 PM

I've had success on shallow minor dents. On small deep dings and non-simetrical dents, it helps but does not totally eliminate them. Don't expect success the first try. I think it's worth the price but might work better if there were more shapes to apply the hot glue to.
Gene

SilverSpear 07-06-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 651884)
I've had success on shallow minor dents. On small deep dings and non-simetrical dents, it helps but does not totally eliminate them. Don't expect success the first try. I think it's worth the price but might work better if there were more shapes to apply the hot glue to.
Gene

Gene,

I bought the kit to fix my Z's roof. Some A-hole decided one day to "WALK" on its rooftop and dented it :mad:... you know what kinds of dents, the roof is somehow wavy now. I guess this kit should work at its best, what do you think?

bwb3 07-06-2010 02:39 PM

Danny, don't laugh but, a drunk on a bicycle ran into the side of my Volvo while it was parked at my Serbian mechanic's shop. He came out with a toilet plunger and popped the big dent in the rear quarter right out, after chasing the drunk away. In other words, that's another tool for bigger non-creased dents.
Gene

SilverSpear 07-06-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 651893)
Danny, don't laugh but, a drunk on a bicycle ran into the side of my Volvo while it was parked at my Serbian mechanic's shop. He came out with a toilet plunger and popped the big dent in the rear quarter right out, after chasing the drunk away. In other words, that's another tool for bigger non-creased dents.
Gene

Haha, well I thought mine was funnier... I mentioned "Walking" like taking a walk, stepping onto the trunk, then the roof, then jumping on the road again :o

He messed it up. And the funnier part of the story it turned out that he works in a police station as an office boy :( (lonnnnnnnnnnng story)

SSSVX 07-08-2010 12:22 AM

The dent is like 50% smaller than a penny from its radius.

I might give it a try...

ensteele 07-08-2010 12:32 AM

I have used one many times. It works on small door dents and others on flat surfaces. It is worth a try. :)

SSSVX 07-08-2010 12:49 AM

Thank you Earl.

Any techniques for small dents?

Green1995SVX 07-08-2010 09:27 AM

If it doesn't work, I'm sure there are several PDR companies in your area. They are cheap and usually do excellent work.

This car had about 30 dings on this side alone. $75 made the entire car ding-free!

SilverSpear 07-08-2010 09:41 AM

I can still see one from this angle Mike :p

ensteele 07-08-2010 11:28 AM

I just followed the directions. Does this one use a glue like hot glue. The type I used was glue which came out of a hotglue gun and then you put a piece on the glue. Then the puller attached to that and you screw the piece in until it pops the dent. :) I had to do it up to 3 times per dent, but most came out the first time.

SilverSpear 07-08-2010 11:47 AM

This is the one I also have. I don't believe there is another kind.

SSSVX 07-08-2010 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 652066)
I can still see one from this angle Mike :p

I also see a big one at the fuel door....:lol::p

That's a good deal mike. I didn't know that's as cheap to remove the dings...? Maybe you work at the car dealers...?

Earl, thanks. I will probably order one next week...can also look for some dings/dents to pop from my old cars.

Green1995SVX 07-08-2010 02:54 PM

I'm not sure where you guys are seeing dents. There aren't any. :)