The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wedgie cupholder update (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37788)

nordique14 03-06-2007 11:21 AM

Wedgie cupholder update

Bell auto products now has their own version of the wedgie cupholder. I saw it at Kragen. Didn't catch the price though. Looked like a good solid product.
http://www.bellautomotive.com/asp/pr...s.asp?id=25304

The original Wedgie in gray or taupe/tan is still my favorite over the black color.
http://www.autobarn.net/wedautcup.html

-Matt

mikecg 03-06-2007 11:51 AM

I have the second one in black, but the first in gray would really match my interior better.

wannarace928 03-06-2007 01:16 PM

hey! I like the new wedgie, looks like it might stay put a little better! Mine likes to come out of place and take a nap on the floor. I have tried MANY cup holders, but none seem to work for me in my svx and my porsche. I dont know how I ended up with 2 cars without cup holders, its insane!!!!

nordique14 03-06-2007 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannarace928
hey! I like the new wedgie, looks like it might stay put a little better! Mine likes to come out of place and take a nap on the floor. I have tried MANY cup holders, but none seem to work for me in my svx and my porsche. I dont know how I ended up with 2 cars without cup holders, its insane!!!!

I understand the Porsche. Until a couple of years ago the Germans thought cupholders were a fad and would hopefully go away. They finally gave in. :D My BMW has a cup holder...but not only does it not actually hold anything, but it sits right in front of the gearshift making it almost impossible to change gears when a drink is in there. :(

ensteele 03-06-2007 04:18 PM

I like the wedgie because if you aren't using it, it can be removed and not be in the way. :)

GOT2HAVESVX 03-06-2007 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
I like the wedgie because if you aren't using it, it can be removed and not be in the way. :)

Earl, can you explain to my 8 year old why you LIKE a wedgie. Nevermind I told her to go away and stop reading over my shoulder! LMAO Sorry I had to tell ya'll what she just said to me! :rolleyes: :eek:

Bailey 03-06-2007 07:14 PM

LOL, I want a wedgie too! Do these wedgies fit into the SVX console?

After 3 days of being a new SVX owner, I am having serious issues with my coffee mug spilling coffee all over my garage door opener, which I am using as a wedge. doesnt work real well. I was thinking of cutting a piece of styrofoam. :D

momzsvx 03-07-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey
LOL, I want a wedgie too! Do these wedgies fit into the SVX console?

After 3 days of being a new SVX owner, I am having serious issues with my coffee mug spilling coffee all over my garage door opener, which I am using as a wedge. doesnt work real well. I was thinking of cutting a piece of styrofoam. :D

Bailey the wedgies do work. Crysis at a mini meet in Ohio told me about them. I need to purchase one for my newer svx. :D You can buy these at Wal Mart or a car auto place such like Autozone. It should be around $3.00 or so. I have thought to buy two for one car and then decided having one for the kids would allow spills. I use the wedgie for my drink and then change.

momzsvx 03-07-2007 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
Earl, can you explain to my 8 year old why you LIKE a wedgie. Nevermind I told her to go away and stop reading over my shoulder! LMAO Sorry I had to tell ya'll what she just said to me! :rolleyes: :eek:

That is too funny, I love that. Children are so great!

SVeXy96 03-08-2007 02:14 PM

Hmm...never realized cupholders were such a big issue! Once I'm seated and buckled in I put my drink between my seatbelt clip and the center console. I've never spilled a drop of anything no matter how I'm driving or how full my drink is! Its a perfect balance! :D

AlcyoneDaze 03-08-2007 02:20 PM

I lost a cup of coffee today... :(

and accidently fired off a paintball inside the car... :mad:

time for spring cleaning

ensteele 03-08-2007 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlcyoneDaze
I lost a cup of coffee today... :(

and accidently fired off a paintball inside the car... :mad:

time for spring cleaning

I don't think I would like to ride with you! :o :D :D :D :p

JaySVX 03-13-2007 01:37 PM

I don't get it. Why would you want this? My car has 2 perfectly good cup-holders. I couldn't get coffee in the morning if it didn't.

ensteele 03-13-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX
I don't get it. Why would you want this? My car has 2 perfectly good cup-holders. I couldn't get coffee in the morning if it didn't.

And what perfectly good cup-holders do you have? :) :)

Landshark 03-13-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaySVX

the factory cupholders scared me, because one wrong move with your right elbow, and you tear the console lid from its hinges.

i didn't like the Wedgie, either, because it just didn't work very good as a cupholder. it was too shallow to keep a cup of anything in place unless you were parked.

i do like the cupholders in my LGT very much - the previous 4 cars i owned had no cupholders. :rolleyes: