The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Number of SVXes For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26350)

ensteele 05-22-2005 06:04 PM

Number of SVXes For Sale

No, I am not selling any, but have been surprised how many are being sold here all at once. It seems like every other post is a SVX For Sale. I don't know if it is me or it just seems like that. :confused:

MpSVX 05-22-2005 06:13 PM

I think it is due to the fact that every one wants one, and that everyone that has one wants a better one. Just my opinion. (Good for me seeing as I am looking) :D :D

SVXRide 05-22-2005 06:31 PM

and why is it that they seem to all be out around you, Earl? :confused: :D
-Bill

ensteele 05-22-2005 06:39 PM

They aren't! Most are where the largest population of them are - East Coast. :) Just seem to be lots of them for sale. That is good if you are looking for one or upgrading. :)

sharky512345 05-22-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
They aren't! Most are where the largest population of them are - East Coast. :) Just seem to be lots of them for sale. That is good if you are looking for one or upgrading. :)

I wonder why most of them are on the east coast. Maybe because someone has most of the west coast SVXs... :p

dcarrb 05-23-2005 05:54 AM

I haven't paid much attention to the recent "for sale" posts (as much as I'd like another, I'm saving my nickels and dimes for things like a new roof and heat pump), but I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the fleet is really beginning to show it's age, and folks are unloading 'em rather than springing for major repairs. I imagine mine, which I bought from a Subaru dealership, was available because the car had obviously had recent work (alternator, half-shaft) and needed about a thousand dollars' worth more, prompting the previous owner to opt for something new. With a little coaching from the dealer, of course.

Man, there's a sweet looking, red '97 with under 100,000 miles for sale just a couple of hours from me...

dcb

svxthc 05-23-2005 07:01 AM

man they want 10 grand for it on their website, and its the ugly bright red color with almost 100,000 miles, definately not worth it.

dcarrb 05-23-2005 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxthc
man they want 10 grand for it on their website, and its the ugly bright red color with almost 100,000 miles, definately not worth it.

You're talking about the one at Nalley Acura that's listed on AutoTrader.com? I think it looks pretty good, aside from the fact that the front wheels are on the wrong sides. I like that red, although it is a bit... conspicuous. And they quoted me under $9000 by e-mail right off the bat, so I'm thinking someone with cash-in-hand could probably get it for a good deal less.

Any Subaru with under 100,000 miles should have a lot of life left, unless it's been treated badly.

(I'm not really shopping; just looking.)

dcb

lhopp77 05-23-2005 10:15 AM

Prices

Just about a month ago I thought the selling prices were definitely up, but now I just think it might have been the tax refund spike. Selling prices seem lower again except for the newbies that come on here to sell their cars. Well in that case, should say "asking" price since it looks like not many of them are selling.

I think the NE cars are selling because of like you say older cars and the resultant mechanical problems as well as developing rust issues. More of the western cars are being held, so not many available.

I still hope for that Silver car with a perfect body/interior and bad drivetrain. :D :D

Lee

dcarrb 05-23-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhopp77
I think the NE cars are selling because of like you say older cars and the resultant mechanical problems as well as developing rust issues.

Yeah, it's a pity they weren't more popular down here in the Sunbelt. I feel fortunate to have one that spent its formative years in northern Florida... not a speck of rust on her.

I spent a few winters in Vermont and know too well what that road salt will do to a car.

dcb

Landshark 05-23-2005 11:47 AM

there are more SVX's (and Subaru's for that matter) in the Northeast because....we get snow, and AWD Subarus sell well here. :D

i have no rust on mine, because it gets sprayed down thoroughly (wheel wells and underside especially) at the Pay-n-Spray carwash every week in the winter. there's also a good automatic carwash that has underspray that i take it to once a month in the winter to keep a nice coat of wax on when i can't do it myself outside in the cold.

its been rock-solid, and i'm sure i'd get another 100,000 miles out of it easy. the reason i'm selling is we have been needing to drive my father-in-law around more frequently to doctor appts., etc., and it would be kinda hard for him to crawl into the low-slung SVX. the WRX suspension is kinda rough on him, so the Legacy is working out well, with a more tolerable ride, and more upright seating postion he doesn't have to crawl into. i just don't have the time or space to deal with 3 cars, so the SVX has to go, unfortunately. :(