The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Mechanic in Portland area (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34379)

svx47 07-23-2006 09:54 PM

Mechanic in Portland area

Does anyone have a recommendation on a mechanic close to Portland?

1320boy 07-24-2006 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svx47

Used to live in Vancouver(WA) and work at Dick Hannah Subaru, they werent THAT expensive. Ask for Nacho (if he still works there) he was the only one that works on SVX's and knew what he was doing.
Not sure if he works there still or not.

STORMINORMAN 07-24-2006 09:15 AM

I've used Dan's in Lake Grove...

...before. (503) 635-8335, 17713 SW Lower Boones Ferry, Lake Oswego, OR which is just to the east of I-5 very close to GI Joe's & Safeway.

When they did the 120K/timing belt service they insisted upon doing the crank & cam, oil pump oil seals, the water pump and water lines behind the cover, etc. This is so they can warranty it for 18 months/18k miles, which is not a bad thing!.

I thought this was encouraging. Wish they had given me the Heads-up! on the crankshaft pulley at the same time!

They offer a 10% off (up to $60 discount) on their "Summer Bonus Special" coupon so be sure to get an estimate 1st, then ask for the discount to be applied.

Seem to be pretty knowledgeable vis-a-vis the SVX.

What is it you need done? There are still a couple good SVX mechanics at Wentworth, also...

Cheers!

pipedream 08-10-2006 10:03 AM

Talking about wentworth subaru in east portland?

ensteele 08-10-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the site. :)

STORMINORMAN 08-11-2006 11:16 AM

"...Wentworth in (S)E Portland?"

Yep!

Cheers!

dromano 08-11-2006 12:52 PM

Dan's Subaru

When I lived in Portland I found Dan's Subaru to be the best in the area. Best prices, best service, best work.

elninoalex 08-19-2006 06:17 PM

Quote:

What do you need done? I'm in Beaverton and can do most things to an SVX. For the last year, I've been buying up all the beater Legacies and fixing them up for resale. Usually involving tranny and motor swaps or motor assembly. But I've also had a couple SVXs and have done much work on them such as a 5 spd conversion. I'm sure I can murder any shop's prices. You can email me at alexyjesi@verizon.net if you're interested.

Thanks.

Stephen

WestCoastSVX 08-20-2006 10:21 AM

Hijack!

I apologize for hijacking this thread, but I see a lot of Portland area SVX drivers and have to throw in a quick pitch for the Subaru meet next weekend...

West Coast Subaru Show 8!

For all of you down in Oregon that have wanted to come up to one of our Northwest SVX meets in the past and couldn't because of distance, this is your chance - a meet just down the river from you!

Sorry, back to your regularly scheduled thread....

pipedream 08-25-2006 10:24 AM

Mechanic

I got my wheel bearing changed and some eletrical work done yesterday (front drivers side bearing), at a shop in milwaukee on recommendation from a friend. Real nice shop, mom and pop feel to it. They had my car back to me in about 4 hours. Very surprising to me, I'm use to waiting till the end of the day to get my car back. The guy seem to know what he was doing and talkin about, and my car has been running (and sounding) much better, not to mention all my interior lights work again! (that was caused by a break in almost a year ago)

the contact for them is KVM - Kempton's Vehicale Maintenance
503-653-3976
2405 S.E. Moores St.
Milwaukie, OR 9722

Bryan is the main guy, but be forewarned, he has an extremely DRY sense of humour. :)

Oh, the prices were very reasonable I though. He charged me $220.00 for everything.