The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4.44's are done (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40283)

sicksubie 08-14-2007 06:45 PM

4.44's are done

Well SVXfiles did an emergency 4.44 swap for me on a basically no notice basis on sunday. The swap took 11.5 hours and when it was completed was awesome. I highly recommend Tom for anyone considering the swap and lives within reasonable driving distance. He also did the $15 / 15 minuted mod while the car was on the lift.

SVXyGirl 08-14-2007 08:27 PM

Welcome to the 4.44 club. ;) Tom did the 4.44 swap on my claret and I'm perfectly happy! Money well spent...I'm sure Tom agrees:rolleyes: :D.

huck369 08-14-2007 08:30 PM

Congrats!!!

Makes your car go like it looks now, doesn't it!

sicksubie 08-14-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369
Congrats!!!

Makes your car go like it looks now, doesn't it!

Yeah it does. After a good tune up this fall and a new exhaust in the spring it should be a blast for my girlfriend to drive. Not as much fun as my car though:D

SVXRide 08-14-2007 10:07 PM

OT rules! We're all fortunate to have him among us in the SVX family:) :cool:
-Bill

svxfiles 08-14-2007 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sicksubie
Well SVXfiles did an emergency 4.44 swap for me on a basically no notice basis on Sunday.

Bobby, it was GREAT meeting you, and I am very happy that you love the 4.44s!
(It was short notice, but we had enough parts and fluids on hand to get the swap done!)
It IS hard to describe the differance 4.44s make, but I have said it before,
its the gears the SVX SHOULD have come equipped with!
I wish you well on your other projects, built motor, stage 3, an exhaust SO BEAUTIFUL that I could have built it!
Oh wait,,,,,:eek: ;)
Talk to you later,
thanks for the kind words.
Tom

Shadabob 08-14-2007 10:37 PM

:D Man...why do all the awesome 4.44 install guys all live on the East Coast :rolleyes: ...wonder if the wife would be apposed to uping the whole family and moving to the E.C. just so I can get 4.44 gears too :D :o :p

Ah well, I'll just have to hope my origional trans stays strong...or else I might HAVE to get the 4.44s :D :D

svxcess 08-14-2007 11:36 PM

Tom has traveled to Florida with his tools to do a 4.44 swap. The member paid for Tom and Diana's plane tickets and the hotel accommodations. :rolleyes:

One of Earl's brood has to have a slipping tranny. Maybe you can split the travel costs between you and Earl and get the pair done.

Budfreak 08-15-2007 02:11 AM

Quote:

Well SVXfiles did an emergency 4.44 swap for me on a basically no notice basis on sunday. The swap took 11.5 hours and when it was completed was awesome. I highly recommend Tom for anyone considering the swap and lives within reasonable driving distance. He also did the $15 / 15 minuted mod while the car was on the lift.

Congratulations! 11.5 hours is a long time, So I'm guessing your SVX put up a fight for Tom somewhat like mine did. I think it took 25 hours over a 3 day period because my car absolutely REFUSED to cooperate with ANYTHING.:WTF: Enjoy them and good luck with everything.:)

sicksubie 08-15-2007 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
Congratulations! 11.5 hours is a long time, So I'm guessing your SVX put up a fight for Tom somewhat like mine did. I think it took 25 hours over a 3 day period because my car absolutely REFUSED to cooperate with ANYTHING.:WTF: Enjoy them and good luck with everything.:)

One word...... Ball joints. Okay so that was two words.

svxfiles 08-15-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budfreak
Congratulations! 11.5 hours is a long time, So I'm guessing your SVX put up a fight for Tom somewhat like mine did. I think it took 23hours over a 3 day period because my car absolutely REFUSED to cooperate with ANYTHING.:WTF: Enjoy them and good luck with everything.:)

Fixed it.:)
And yea, his trans refused to come out, ALOT like yours did!:rolleyes:
It took more than three hours to get the bugger out!:eek:
BUT, it REALLY pulls hard now!!!
It pulls MUCH harder than Nicks!:o
Tom

svxfiles 08-15-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

One word...... Ball joints. Okay so that was two words.

Ball joints, and locating pins.:rolleyes:
And, HEY, 11.5 without a beer IS a very long time!!!!!:p

ridered777 08-16-2007 10:02 AM

Quick hijack...

Can I get a link to somewhere saying what the 15min/$15 mod is, and the 30min/$15.95 mod?? I've searched around and no luck!

[/hijack]

shelfy 08-16-2007 10:41 AM

i am depressed now. :(

Budfreak 08-16-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Fixed it.:)
And yea, his trans refused to come out, ALOT like yours did!:rolleyes:
It took more than three hours to get the bugger out!:eek:
BUT, it REALLY pulls hard now!!!
It pulls MUCH harder than Nicks!:o
Tom

I still have yet to encounter that problem doing tranny swaps, But I'm sure my day will come where I get to fight one for a few hours. I wish I could post up the video I have of you yanking on my tranny while looking quite flustered from the hour and a half or so that you and Chike had already been yanking on it when the video was shot.:lol::tongue: