The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVX TURBO on Ebay! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=833)

EveryShadeofBlue 07-10-2001 08:29 AM

SVX TURBO on Ebay!

For some reason I get upset when ignorant people try to auction their cars off on Ebay. Check out the 1992 L model on Ebay (that's the first mistake, no L model that year) and it's the "rare" turbo edition. UGH!!!!!! This stuff makes me sick.

Jeff

EveryShadeofBlue 07-10-2001 08:31 AM

LINK

Ooops...here's the link to the Turbo model:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...206971&r=0&t=0

thumper_svx 07-10-2001 09:04 AM

Maybe you should email the guy and ask him to send a picture of the turbo installed under the hood... either good for a laugh or good for a picture to put up here... either way you win :D

WestCoastSVX 07-10-2001 09:13 AM

Ebay Turbo

You beat me to it! I was just over there at Ebay and came over here to do what you did!

I agree, there does seem to be a disturbing trend of ignorant SVX owners selling their cars on Ebay. I remember a few months ago there were two different cars up simultaneously with one or both wheels on backwards on each side. And I've seen "turbos" before and lots of V6's. (ok, we could probably let that one slide... maybe) I forget what else, but there's been some funny ones.

Did you catch the write up on this particular one? Supposedly he is a 65 year enthusiast (I am assuming he means he's 65 years old since the SVX is only 10). An enthusiast that has a stock 92 L "rare turbo model". LOL And he's including a bunch of literature on the development of the SVX. Did he read it?

Mr. Pockets 07-10-2001 10:08 AM

Re: SVX TURBO on Ebay!

Quote:

Originally posted by EveryShadeofBlue
For some reason I get upset when ignorant people try to auction their cars off on Ebay. Check out the 1992 L model on Ebay (that's the first mistake, no L model that year) and it's the "rare" turbo edition. UGH!!!!!! This stuff makes me sick.

Jeff

I agree. I sent an email to the seller suggesting that he make an amendment to the item's description to protect himself. I also noted that the VIN he has listed describes a 1992 LS-L touring package SVX, not a base-model L (which of course wasn't offered that year anyway).

black-svx 07-10-2001 11:37 AM

Seeing the reference to this "Rare turbo, all wheel drive model. " svx makes me ask the moderator of our own site here. . is it OK to put ebay links on the site? I only ask in case I see something in the future, and because the last forum I was at, for my last car, would erase such messages because of unfair competition. Personally if something is for sale there I would like the heads up to know about it, but that is just me,

-raptor

Aredubjay 07-10-2001 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by black-svx
Seeing the reference to this "Rare turbo, all wheel drive model. " svx makes me ask the moderator of our own site here. . is it OK to put ebay links on the site? I only ask in case I see something in the future, and because the last forum I was at, for my last car, would erase such messages because of unfair competition. Personally if something is for sale there I would like the heads up to know about it, but that is just me,

-raptor

Raptor,
I have no problem with posting e-bay links here. Especially if they're SVX. Unfair competition? For whom? E-bay is a feeding frenzy. Plus, I think all things SVX should be brought to the attention of the SVX community, and give them first shot, lest some precious piece of SVXdom fall into the wrong hands. :D Besides, a link is much more prudent than hopping into a room and saying "hey I saw a Y . . . Ye . . . Yel . . . (I can't say it) a certain color SVX on e-bay and making everyone shuffle to click on their "favorites button" and navigate. Have at it. :D If anyone thinks I'm in error, please let me know (except eddy :D )

1994SubaruSVX 07-10-2001 03:52 PM

rare turbo indeed....

what is really sad is that this guy is a SVX owner. what a dumba$$. the other stuff is forgiveable but the turbo is just a scam ploy. :rolleyes:

Seraph 07-10-2001 04:08 PM

does that mean that all SVXes are turboed? Lately, I have been looking around at dealerships for SVX and see how much BS they can ship out and damn, you will be surprised. When their BS is done, I told them I own an SVX and I am looking for AWD version and their looks just drops like a fool getting caught. You all should try that. Park your SVX about a block away and walk to the dealer.

Lwin
I think I am having a dealer bashing week.

nvrmore100 07-10-2001 06:48 PM

Ok I just had too....I sent him an email....

Sorry, I am selling the car for the owner and I mistyped the information. Car is LS-L non-turbo.

>From: ryan@ryanmacdonald.com
>To: carpointusa@hotmail.com
>Subject: Question for seller -- Item #593206971
>Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:45:53 PDT
>
>Can you please send me a picture of the turbo? This is quite interesting.
>
>Thanks

I was curious what he was going to say.

Ryan

thumper_svx 07-10-2001 09:25 PM

<grin> He's changed the ad... the "Rare" line has been changed to read "Rare all wheel drive model." Hmm... still inaccurate (there are more AWD SVX's than FWD's) but closer.

He's also added "Car is not a turbocharged car as originallly stated in ad, error in original submission."

ROFL!!! The power of community!!! :D

EveryShadeofBlue 07-10-2001 10:44 PM

The guy that is selling the car wrote me tonight and said that he made a mistake and that he was misinformed. He is selling it for someone else. He seemed very nice, but together, as a community, we have changed this wrong to a right! Still, he has "Rare all wheel drive model" but we'll let that slide. The FWD's are more rare.

Great work everyone :)

Jeff

Mr. Pockets 07-11-2001 08:22 AM

Ad edited

I also received a very nice response from the seller. I notice he has changed his ad.

1994SubaruSVX 07-11-2001 08:51 AM

we unite......

and we make the world a safer place for a potential svx buyer......this is all so emotional......damn were good! :D

picklesbitch 07-11-2001 08:57 AM

non turbo svx

While you gents were emailing the seller of this nonturbo SVX, did any of you let him know of this club or the Yahoo one so he could set the new owner up with a "membership"?
Mike