The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   10th Anniversary Meet Bad News (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4747)

RSVX 07-02-2002 02:33 PM

10th Anniversary Meet Bad News

Unfortunately at this point, well any point you can take me off the attendance list. I know it was my job to ensure Maria showed up, and I think I have accomplished that, although who knows now that I am not going.

My reason is this.

-I was just released from the Air Force.
-I have till Oct. 1 to find a job in Networking(computers) and the market is crap.
-I need all the possible money I can at this point in anticipation of not having a job.

I hate to drop out and it totaly kills me to not be able to go after 2 years of anticipation and being #5 on the list.

This also frees up the alternator mod that I reserved from Seraph...

Again... Sorry...

Green1995SVX 07-02-2002 02:39 PM

Sorry to hear that buddy :(

But now you MUST come down to the little meet thing this sunday! ;)

-Mike

Never2phat 07-02-2002 02:47 PM

Agreed

Quote:

But now you MUST come down to the little meet thing this sunday!
Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!! I should be able to go myself now that I once again have car insurance.

:D B.C. :D

RSVX 07-02-2002 05:26 PM

Haha, this sunday... figures you make it a weekend that I am scheduled to work...

And being in the Air Force, there is no, um rescheduling..

LarryIII 07-02-2002 05:42 PM

Chris,

What do you mean you were released. You're a G-14. In this day and age why are they releasing qualified people from the AF?
We're supposed to be fighting a war on terrorism.

Larry III

Green1995SVX 07-02-2002 07:11 PM

Re: Agreed

Quote:

Originally posted by Never2phat

Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!! I should be able to go myself now that I once again have car insurance.

:D B.C. :D

All the info is posted in the meet forum :)

-Mike

RSVX 07-03-2002 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Chris,

What do you mean you were released. You're a G-14. In this day and age why are they releasing qualified people from the AF?
We're supposed to be fighting a war on terrorism.

Larry III

Well, the Big Dogs at the Pentagon feel that there are enough qualified people behind us to let the few of us go. FOr instance out of a 50 man shop, we are only losing 3 people including myself due to the new policy. No worries for the war... I have contributed about 6 months of my life to that cause in various theaters...

We are well supported, so you need not worry.

LarryIII 07-03-2002 09:07 AM

Chris,

I'm not worried about the Pentagon, I'm worried about you.

Larry III

PS: If you SVX can't make it to Lafayette, hookup with Rory Blaze (Mike B.) "svxpert". He is coming from your neck of the woods (Sout Joisey).
Or maybe Maria can drive you out there. Now isn't that a strange twist of fate.

RSVX 07-03-2002 09:56 AM

Maria and I had originaly planned on 1 SVX, 2 SVXes or No SVXes, its not the trip, but the cost of Hotel with the whole job transition thing right now. I really have to get my priorities straight, and unfortunately I KNOW that after Oct. 1 I will have no pay if I am not employed yet, and that scares the sh*t out of me.