The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Wanted or For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   SALE: SVX Koni/GC Suspensions, Parts and OEM Topmounts (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16571)

Porter 02-19-2004 01:53 PM

SALE: SVX Koni/GC Suspensions, Parts and OEM Topmounts

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:

Koni Sport Yellow Strut Insert Sets

These are the ones you've heard about. These require installation in your stock strut body and are compatible with the stock spring, the Ground Control coilover sets, the K&B dropsprings, and any other replacement spring set for the SVX. These consitiute an excellent upgrade to the stock handling even with the stock spring.

KONI SVX STRUT INSERT (SET OF FOUR): $649 + SHIPPING

SUBARU OEM STRUT TOP MOUNTS

These are brand new Subaru OEM strut top mounts, a quick cure for the tired, bulging rubber in your existing mounts. These are a must for those with higher mileage who want to go with performance suspension components.

FRONT SVX STRUT TOP MOUNTS: $140 PAIR + shipping

REAR SVX STRUT TOP MOUNTS: $160 PAIR + shipping

GROUND CONTROL COILOVER KITS

These are the other half of the Porter Koni/GC Suspension Kit. They include a full set of Eibach linear race springs and Ground Control custom height adjustment collars and top spring perches. These will absolutely transform the handling of your SVX. They are available with spring rates of 380lb/in front and 325lb/in rear. The kit is not harsh or bouncy, but can be considered "firm" over road imperfections like bridge seams and frost heave. Handling is dramatically improved over stock, and balance is very neutral, with a slight oversteer characteristic if driven aggressively on the throttle mid-corner. The greatest difference from a stock SVX is the dramatically improved response to weight transfer.

NOTE: The Ground Control kit CANNOT be used with the stock strut. It will DESTROY the valving in your stock strut very rapidly. These MUST be used with the Koni inserts.

UPDATE These kits do NOT require removal of the stock spring perches or welding of new ones. Instructions for wrapping the body of the strut to prevent rattling or noise will be included.

UPDATE NEW SPEC - 380# front, 325# rear. This should be a "best of both worlds" compromise. Custom springrates will be available on a special order basis for customers with special needs.

GROUND CONTROL COILOVER KIT, FINAL VERSION (380/325): $399 + shipping

PRE-BUILT KONI/GC KITS, READY TO BOLT IN

These kits are available on an individual basis and are "build-to-order". These kits are dependent on the availability of strut cores. Special arrangements will be made for each set built. Call for details, or post here for more information.

We will NOT be removing the stock spring perch or rewelding new ones. Thus the kits will be reversible to a stock spring while retaining the Konis for anyone who wants to revert to stock springrates later.

Please contact us via phone or email shown below. Ask for Jason or Lisa.

We accept all major credit cards and arrangements can be made for other payment types.

Thanks!

Jason Porter

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

GreenMarine 02-19-2004 03:08 PM

Cool my order will be in soon... :):D:D

NomadTW 02-20-2004 12:26 AM

pictures?

benebob 02-20-2004 06:07 AM

Porter, can you just get Koni's for the rears? If so how much mula????

Porter 02-20-2004 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Porter, can you just get Koni's for the rears? If so how much mula????
Yes, the rears will be available separately once we fulfill the first batch of kit orders. I have six full sets ready to go now, as soon as several of those sell I will be able to break a few apart for you.

Just curious, why do you want just the rears? Are you already using Konis?

AFBeefcake 02-20-2004 07:47 AM

I emailled you about a kit.

Porter 02-20-2004 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AFBeefcake
I emailled you about a kit.
Emailed you back. :)

want-a-fast-svx 02-20-2004 12:21 PM

get my email? Just checking

benebob 02-20-2004 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Porter

Yes, the rears will be available separately once we fulfill the first batch of kit orders. I have six full sets ready to go now, as soon as several of those sell I will be able to break a few apart for you.

Just curious, why do you want just the rears? Are you already using Konis?

Yeah I got Konis for the front off ebay a year or so ago. If the price is right. I'm game for some rears.

Subafreak 02-20-2004 07:14 PM

I PMed you should I E-mail you?

I'm going with the "race" springs.:D

GreenMarine 02-22-2004 01:04 PM

Bump, back to the top... Where this thread belongs....

Porter needs the businuess :D:D

AFBeefcake 02-23-2004 01:37 PM

did you get my second emails?

Porter 02-24-2004 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AFBeefcake
did you get my second emails?
Got it...

Hope to see your cores sometime this week.

Porter 02-24-2004 06:56 AM

UPDATE

See the original post.

New standard springrates are 380# front, 325# rear. A "best of both worlds" compromise.

Custom springrates are available on a special order basis for customers with specific requirements.

AFBeefcake 02-24-2004 08:33 AM

You should see my cores on Thursday.