The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yesterday (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1521)

LarryIII 09-20-2001 08:40 AM

Yesterday

Yesterday, I went to a retirement luncheon for a friend from my old company. I found out that the number of people "unaccounted for" from the company office on the 92nd floor of the north WTC tower is down from 60 to 13. I hope it soon becomes zero.
I raced an old souped-up Mitsubishi Eclipse on the interstate on the way home. It was white with 2 wide blue stripes running over the top from front to back, like the old Shelby Mustangs. He had me at lower speeds but he wouldn't go over 85 mph. So I took SubyDoo up to 90 and left him.
When I got home a funny thing happened. I pulled in front of the house and heard a pop. By the time I got out of the SVX, the right front tire was flat. :( I changed clothes then changed the tire. It's a very weird looking jack but works fine. The tool kit also had to fold-up wheel chocks. I put on the doughnut. I inspected the flat tire and found that it was a hole on the shoulder/sidewall. :mad: The tires on the car are Toyo Proxes T1-S. Since they have about 23 k on them, and noboby recommends plugging/patching the sidewall; I've decided to get 4 new tires. I'm going to get the Yokohamma AVS-db's. Locally these are about $125 per tire, mounted and balanced.
No tax in DE.

Larry III:cool:
PS: I'm really beginning to look seriously at the '94 pearly in Yonkers, NY.

Aredubjay 09-20-2001 09:14 AM

Re: Yesterday

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Yesterday, I went to a retirement luncheon for a friend from my old company. I found out that the number of people "unaccounted for" from the company office on the 92nd floor of the north WTC tower is down from 60 to 13. I hope it soon becomes zero.
I raced an old souped-up Mitsubishi Eclipse on the interstate on the way home. It was white with 2 wide blue stripes running over the top from front to back, like the old Shelby Mustangs. He had me at lower speeds but he wouldn't go over 85 mph. So I took SubyDoo up to 90 and left him.
When I got home a funny thing happened. I pulled in front of the house and heard a pop. By the time I got out of the SVX, the right front tire was flat. :( I changed clothes then changed the tire. It's a very weird looking jack but works fine. The tool kit also had to fold-up wheel chocks. I put on the doughnut. I inspected the flat tire and found that it was a hole on the shoulder/sidewall. :mad: The tires on the car are Toyo Proxes T1-S. Since they have about 23 k on them, and noboby recommends plugging/patching the sidewall; I've decided to get 4 new tires. I'm going to get the Yokohamma AVS-db's. Locally these are about $125 per tire, mounted and balanced.
No tax in DE.

Larry III:cool:
PS: I'm really beginning to look seriously at the '94 pearly in Yonkers, NY.

Good thing you didn't hear the pop while you were racing the eclipse. :eek:

One of these days, I'll either have another Pearly (94 of course) or, a Black '97. I was weakening on the 94 w/53K miles in El Paso for 9,800.00, but thought better of it. The only reason the guy was selling it, was because he got a new Full Size Custom Van and there wasn't enough room in the garage for his Pearl SVX, the Van and His 97 Bordeaux SVX. Mussbeenice. :D

PS: Interesting that it was your buddy's retirement dinner and you also wound up re-tire-ing. :D

Mr. Pockets 09-20-2001 10:17 AM

Re: Re: Yesterday

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

PS: Interesting that it was your buddy's retirement dinner and you also wound up re-tire-ing. :D

You lose your posting privileges today. We can't allow that sort of thing around here.

cocacola08 09-20-2001 10:47 AM

Quote:

ba-rum-bum-bum...

Lol:D

LarryIII 09-20-2001 11:53 AM

Randy,

<<<<PS: Interesting that it was your buddy's retirement dinner and you also wound up re-tire-ing. >>>>

I like that. You certainly are a wordsmith.
The next time that I need ad copy for the 10th Anniv. SVX, I know who to call!

I see cocacola & pocket cubes are on the site. OK guys - get back to work!!!:D

Larry III

Aredubjay 09-20-2001 11:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Yesterday

Quote:

Originally posted by cocacola08

ba-rum-bum-bum...

Lol:D

Kev, should this be in the "identify this sound thread?"

Oh, sorry, I posted! And I've lost my posting privileges today.

BTW, the sound you described would be that of a pedestrian. :D

rufus 09-20-2001 12:17 PM

I think for convenience we can shorten Oh Brother to just a simple OB.

So, OB

:rolleyes:

svxter 09-20-2001 12:35 PM

Quote:

Good thing you didn't hear the pop while you were racing the eclipse. :eek:

Failure caused by a massive pun-cture?

LarryIII 09-20-2001 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

You are so PUNCTILLIOUS with that remark.

Larry III:D

Ron Mummert 09-20-2001 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxter

Larry got done in by a little prick! Shamefully, Ron.

Aredubjay 09-20-2001 02:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Yesterday

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Larry got done in by a little prick! Shamefully, Ron.

OB! :rolleyes:

svxistentialist 09-20-2001 02:27 PM

Tired, but holier than thou

Tiger Woods gets a hole in one, he gets a million dollars.

Larry III gets a hole in one, he has to buy a complete new set.

What gives??

Joe:)

rufus 09-21-2001 08:42 AM

Spare me! You guys better tread lightly around here, because some of us are just flat-out tired of all this joking around.

;)

SVXphile 09-23-2001 05:40 PM

Tired jokes

Of course I might be bias..since I don't hail from the steel belt...but all these inflated puns just compound the problem...

....get a grip!:D Don (from Hinton, not Wheeling)

Ron Mummert 09-23-2001 08:56 PM

Re: Tired jokes

Quote:

Originally posted by SVXphile
Of course I might be bias..since I don't hail from the steel belt...but all these inflated puns just compound the problem...

....get a grip!:D Don (from Hinton, not Wheeling)

You're lucky all the tire puns are used up, or else I'd be smokin'!
Ron.