The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another Svx For Svxcess (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6455)

svxcess 10-15-2002 09:39 AM

Another svx for svxcess

A couple of you may already know this but I bought a 1996 Polo Green LSi with 42,000 miles over the weekend. Larry III and I went up to Flemington Subaru in Flemington, NJ (near Princeton) the Saturday before last to check it out and I went to pick it up this last weekend.

It was bought new by a school teacher on January 2, 1997. She was really concerned about protecting it from damage and theft. She had WIDE body side moulding put on when new to protect the doors; which the dealer removed for me before detailing the car. She had all of the windows acid-etched with a special code, along with 2 additional alarm systems. She finally traded this green beauty in on a Baja.

All maintenance records from day one, interior is absolutely flawless, (except for worn floor mats) . New brakes all around, new battery, factory rebuilt alternator, new Dunlop SP5000 (pronounced "noisy") tires. Car was always dealer serviced.

Original asking price was $11,995. I got it for $9,300 plus another $800 for a Subaru extended bumper-to-bumper warranty for 2 years/24,000 miles.(I could have gotten a 3 yr./36,000 warranty on the power train alone for the same price) This car drives so much differently than my 92 pearlie. The beige interior and bronze glass makes the interior seem so much brighter and roomier than the dark gray.

First item of business: Remove the two additional alarm systems she had installed; a Viper and a Clifford. Lots of extra wires and things I don't need. Stock alarm is perfectly adequate. I was familiar with the stock wiring in the pearlie, so I removed any and every wire from under the hood and dash which looked unfamiliar.

Then replace the tires with either Yokohama AVS db's or Toyos. I want a very quiet performance tire.

Seraph 10-15-2002 10:01 AM

congrets!!!!

mattski 10-15-2002 10:27 AM

Re: Another Svx For Svxcess

Quote:

Originally posted by svxcess
A couple of you may alrasdy know this but I bought a 1996 Polo Green LSi with 45,000 miles over the weekend. Larry III and I went up to Flemington Subaru in Flemington, NJ (near Princeton) the Saturday before last to check it out and I went to pick it up this last weekend.

One owner, all records, interior is absolutely flawless, (except for worn floor mats) She had body side moulding put on when new to protect the doors; the dealer removed it before detailing the car. New brakes all around, new battery, factory rebuilt alternator, new Dunlop SP5000 (pronounced "noisy"). Always dealer serviced.

Original asking price was $11,995. I got it for $9,300 plus another $800 for a Subaru extended bumper to bumper warranty for 2 years/24,000 miles. ( I could have gotten a 3 yr./36,000 warranty on the power train alone for the same price)

This car drives so much differently than the 92. I hope to put pictures up soon...

Congratulations! I saw it one night on my way to Flemington and tried to stop the next day to take a closer look at it but it was gone. You should lay low for a while since you stole it at that price.:D

Have you considered 1SourceAutoWarranty.com? I got a 5 year/60k zero deductible for ~$1,500 (97 with 53k back in June). 3 extra years seemed to be worth the additional $700.

Matt

subymtnguy 10-15-2002 10:50 AM

"New " SVX.....

After seeing your 92 at the 10th meet, I"m sure you new one is exceptional!

Now you have 2 "Perfect" SVX's! :D ;)

svxcess 10-15-2002 11:09 AM

The thing is that it is hard to maintain two SVX's in the condition that I would like.Ten cats (that's 40 paws), an unpaved dirt driveway and no garage make for a lot of work.

In all likelihood the 92 Pearlie will up for sale. I will probably ask about $4000 for it.

Email me or PM if interested

svxy 10-15-2002 11:16 AM

96 polo green siting

I just saw another SVX in this town...Polo Green Lsi. This car is awesome. It changed my mind on green. CONGRATS!

rufus 10-15-2002 11:27 AM

That's great news, John. I can't wait to see it. Or to get my hands on some of those spare "grey" interior parts you've now got no use for :)

SHISVX 10-15-2002 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
congrets!!!!
yeah what he said ^^^^^^^^^^;)

Kelli

wasions 10-15-2002 12:29 PM

Nice find John!

You one lucky boy!

:cool:

Ron Mummert 10-15-2002 08:22 PM

Quote:

The thing is that it is hard to maintain two SVX's in the condition that I would like. Eight cats and no garage make for a lot of work.

In all likelihood the 92 Pearlie will up for sale. I will probably ask $4500 for it.

Oh....then I take it you're passing on my generous $1,500.00 offer, John?
I mean with that high speed shimmy, the 2 quart per week oil habit, the one speed tranny, & the two frozen bearings, I figured you were dying to unload that heap & buy a year's worth of kitty-litter.

Sigh... Oh - just kidding about the above. The car's absolutely cherry.

(OK, John, $2,000, but that's it!)

Yer pal, Ron.

LarryIII 10-16-2002 04:46 AM

John,

I'm really miffed at you. You went and picked up 'ole rte 66 greenie' and went to 'Da Deli'. You could have called us. We would have liked to get another one of those sandwiches with its own zip code, not to mention the pickles, knishes, & egg creams.

Seriously, congratulations.

Now all you have to do is bring it to the body shop in Delaware and get it repainted Bordeaux Pearl. Trish will love you for it.

PS: Don't forget the pin striping.

:D :D

svxcess 10-16-2002 08:33 AM

Good idea! Paint the pearlie Bordeaux Pearl with the dark gray interior. One question: Do I paint the car solid or Bordeaux with black top and trunk? After all, is IS a 92.

Aredubjay 10-16-2002 08:49 AM

Quote:

In all likelihood the 92 Pearlie will up for sale. I will probably ask about $4000 for it.

Wished I'd known this before I bought "The Evil Twin." :(

Of course, I may get an unexpected inheritance or something by the time it goes up for sale, then, I could have a "String of Pearls." :D

1994SubaruSVX 10-16-2002 10:16 AM

string of pearls.........

you have lost it man.........i am worried about you randy.

Seraph 10-16-2002 10:30 AM

Quote:

The thing is that it is hard to maintain two SVX's in the condition that I would like. Eight cats and no garage make for a lot of work.

If it was any other colour (I don't like pearl and teal), I'd make you an good offer.

Lwin