The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   another graduate (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45137)

Keoni 06-15-2008 12:15 AM

another graduate

so i graduated last night, it was great. I'm so excited i thought i would let you all know. Next year i will be attending tacoma community college again (i went there this year as part of the running start program). then its off to UTI or Wyo Tech. i have already been excepted into both just dont know which one i want to go to. It all depends who will give me better scholarships and if i can get into the porsche program at UTI. ok just thought i tould let you all know cuz im really excited about it!

keoni

subi-crosser 06-15-2008 12:46 AM

Re: another graduate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keoni (Post 552000)
so i graduated last night, it was great. I'm so excited i thought i would let you all know. Next year i will be attending tacoma community college again (i went there this year as part of the running start program). then its off to UTI or Wyo Tech. i have already been excepted into both just dont know which one i want to go to. It all depends who will give me better scholarships and if i can get into the porsche program at UTI. ok just thought i tould let you all know cuz im really excited about it!

keoni

Strive toward things that you are passionate about! If you really believe in and LOVE your main course of study, you will have a better chance of finding the job that you wan to spend the next 35 years doing.

Think about that, 35 years doing something...... Might as well be something that you could DO for 35 years!

Next option is to use the college to get what you want for your HOBBY and let the rest of your life follow 'what comes next'. (that's what I did)

bwb3 06-15-2008 05:02 PM

Congrats on graduating, i graduated about two weeks ago. its cool you plan to go to UTI, i plan on doing the same at the orlando campus but im not sure if i want to do any after programs yet. Well good luck in the future!

Ben

Hondasucks 06-16-2008 07:14 PM

Take it from a WyoTech grad: Go to Wyotech, UTI sucks, their program is damn near the same price as Wyotech, but it's 2 years, and that's just the base program, their hot rod program is a joke, you put together a small block chevy engine, dyno test it, and then in the "Street rod" class, you put that engine in a T-bucket kit, using all pre-made parts, no fabrication or anything. Wyotech's base program is 6 month core (auto, street rod, diesel) plus one 3 month add-on class, I did auto core, street rod, chassis fab/high performance engines (When I was there, there was talk of splitting this into two separate 3 month courses), and applied service management.

Wyoming isn't that bad, it's boring, but there is lots of snow, and lots of places to go off-roading :) You do have to put up with douche canoes, but that's true of just about any trade school lol. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about Wyotech. :)

joe62890 06-16-2008 07:34 PM

Congrats man!! Good luck this fall!

JaySVX 06-16-2008 07:37 PM

Congrats! Work hard and it'll take you far.

subi-crosser 06-16-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 552287)
Take it from a WyoTech grad: Go to Wyotech, UTI sucks, their program is damn near the same price as Wyotech, but it's 2 years, and that's just the base program, their hot rod program is a joke, you put together a small block chevy engine, dyno test it, and then in the "Street rod" class, you put that engine in a T-bucket kit, using all pre-made parts, no fabrication or anything. Wyotech's base program is 6 month core (auto, street rod, diesel) plus one 3 month add-on class, I did auto core, street rod, chassis fab/high performance engines (When I was there, there was talk of splitting this into two separate 3 month courses), and applied service management.

Wyoming isn't that bad, it's boring, but there is lots of snow, and lots of places to go off-roading :) You do have to put up with douche canoes, but that's true of just about any trade school lol. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about Wyotech. :)

We went to " The school of Hard Knocks"!
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20Chevu%20pu/
THIS is a streetrod class worth attending! This 'sow's ear' is rapidly becoming a street rod!

Good Luck with whatever it is that you want to do!