The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Top Ten Most Beautiful Subarus (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49016)

newsvx 02-05-2009 09:32 PM

Top Ten Most Beautiful Subarus

If you have not seen it, check it out!!!

http://www.nextautos.com/ten-most-be...rticular-order

Harry

Bobb 02-05-2009 09:51 PM

Re: Top Ten Most Beautiful Subarus

Hi Harry, I've had the Justy, Loyale, Legacy, and SVX. I still have the Legacy and SVX. Thanks for posting those top ten. I had a lot of great miles in the ones I've had. Take care, BOBB

Stevebsy 02-05-2009 09:52 PM

There are 10 that qualify?:lol:

Blacky 02-05-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevebsy (Post 586187)

Ya really, I can think of a grand total of one.

kwren 02-05-2009 11:28 PM

Just try to picture each of them with that "goofy" bumper on them!
Actually I never say a Subaru that I didn't like or personally talk to an owner that didn't sing its praises.
That is why I bought my 1st one in 1990.. A legacy wagon. 340,000 miles later it was "T" boned and totaled by a 16 year old ornamental chick. Don't get the word out... It might start a panic, there are so many living here now, but "those people" can't even push a grocery cart.

Not getting off the subject too far, but some of the older folks may remember the world war II Japanese suicide pilots crashing their planes on our ships?? Well let me help with that idea. They weren't trying to kill themselves and destroy our ships... Those were all accidents.:lol:

Back to Subaru. I am a Subaru guy!
Keith:)

dcarrb 02-06-2009 06:04 AM

I always thought my boxy '86 GL wagon with the factory (Brat-style) white-spoked steel wheels was a decent looking car.

dcb

Crazy_pilot 02-06-2009 06:49 AM

I love the quote for the Brat:

Quote:

Beautiful? Sure. The Brat is beautiful in the same way a rare, hairless cat is beautiful. It’s like watching the sun set behind a landfill. Beautiful, especially when compared to the Baja.
As a sidenote, if I had the money and could find a really nice Brat for sale, I'd buy one instantly.

svxistentialist 02-06-2009 08:45 AM

Using the term"Ten Most Beautiful" makes the whole thing subjective. What is beautiful to one person may be badly proportioned to another.

Subaru keeps designing cars that get uglier by the year. It's all downhill with Imprezas since the mid 90s.

The SVX is very nearly beautiful [IMO :rolleyes:] but misses out because the rear styling is too frumpy.

For me the XT or Vortex is right up there for one of the ten ugliest motors of all time. The design is interesting and uncompromising, but I think of it as the Origami Car.

I do actually think the current Legacy range is very pleasing to the eye. It is attractively styled and well proportioned. It's an attractive and pretty car in an understated way.

Fan and all as I am I really don't see that Subaru has made any beautiful cars.

Joe :)

lhopp77 02-06-2009 08:47 AM

While I am a Subaru fan, I am also realistic. Most Subarus while very utilitarian are downright Fugly.

Some Legacys are acceptably stylish and the XT was strikingly different--but, the fact remains--the SVX is the ONLY beautiful Subaru.

Lee

JaySVX 02-06-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevebsy (Post 586187)

I thought the same thing. I can really only think of about 10 subaru's total... And it's probably just me, but I hate the older style subaru appearance. Not my cup of tea. The SVX and WRX are the only ones that really jump at me.

SubaruSVXCrazy 02-06-2009 09:30 AM

OK first off I like just about every Subaru there is, but is a very crapy list. There are so much more Subarus that can top those. The picture of the SVX is beautiful, but I've seen better pictures than that. That goes for every car. He could have found better looking cars for each model.

svxxx26 02-06-2009 10:22 AM

Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

That said, the exception to that is the 360. :lol:

STeeL25T 02-06-2009 08:16 PM

I love the SVX.

I love the Impreza RS (FOUR DOOR... GOD I don't know why people like the coupes so much... Do you think the two door Neon's looked good?)

I'd take one or maybe two of the gens of Legacys.

I could even grow to love an XT. I'd buy one for the right price.

Thats about it though.

Mensaf 02-06-2009 08:33 PM

The two tone options on most JDM cars are awesome. I've only seen early S13 coupes with them.

And lol at Subaru losing $3000 per SVX sold.

subbieatnz 02-06-2009 10:00 PM

Depending on the colour, facelift verson etc.. the xt/ xt6 can look very beautiful. some look plain ugly others dont. I prefer the facelift verson. the late 1987 onwards one.
SVX i would say is the most beautiful, but hey i mite be abit biaess lol :lol:
22b is pretty fine looking too:p