The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Grounds for divorce? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11696)

Tarostar 06-30-2003 02:20 PM

Grounds for divorce?

Yesterday, my lady said she saw a red car parked near where she works that looks just like my SVX. I was curious to see if it was a fellow SVXer so I asked her to get a closer look at the back to see what it says on it. When I got home today she said she saw the car again and it said Plymouth Laser on it. :eek:

DavieGravy 06-30-2003 03:47 PM

Definately grounds for divorce. :D
Actually, my car doesn't get much better respect either. I was telling a friend of mine that I'd like to try and get my car up past 140. The first word out of his mouth was "how?"
It's like yeah, what the hell do you think this thing is? A station wagon? Jeez!

ensteele 06-30-2003 04:05 PM

LMAOROF on both of your posts. Great! I love it!!!!!

Darksied-X 07-01-2003 09:45 AM

In the week and a half I've had mine, I've gotten plenty of respect and compliments. Most notable were the three 75+ yr old ladies that tried to steal it, and when my bosses wife asked how the hell I could afford a new Corvette in my salary.

I've recieved just as much disrespect too, though. A puke I went to school with says his '94 Impreza L with no front bumper is gonna waste my SVX "someday," yeah right. Then last night, a friend of mine with a Hyundai said he'd rather have our other friend's OBS than my SVX. I promply blew both their doors off leaving the restaurant.

SHISVX 07-01-2003 09:57 AM

oh my! i think that is grounds for a hanging!

Kelli

SVXdriver_007 07-02-2003 12:23 AM

Ok heres a better example of grounds for a divorce there is a white SVX I see in the work parking lot on ocassion, to day I saw the driver a VERY attrative red-head (I love red hair). Good looks and great taste in cars, maybe its time to trade up.

For the record I love my wife and wouldn't trade her for anyhting.....unless it was a redhead in a pearl SVX :eek:

Alycone 07-02-2003 12:34 AM

I've seen several redheaded women driving SVXs, go figure.

The Monzta 07-02-2003 06:59 AM

A friend of mine said he thought my SVX was a sporty Citroen!!!!:eek:

Obviously he is now no longer my friend and though the police have interviewed me a few times I can't be charged unless they find his body.

Porter 07-03-2003 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Monzta
A friend of mine said he thought my SVX was a sporty Citroen!!!!:eek:

Obviously he is now no longer my friend and though the police have interviewed me a few times I can't be charged unless they find his body.

HUH? I'd take a sporty Citroen any day! :D

The BX-4TC was a fantastic sports car, and bears some strong family resembance to the SVX... i.e. if the SVX had 4 doors.

The Monzta 07-03-2003 10:51 AM

Quote:

HUH? I'd take a sporty Citroen any day!
BUT IT'S.................FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

SVXphile 07-03-2003 11:12 PM

Citroen

Don't forget the Citroen SM, with adjustable suspension, steerable headlights and a Maserati engine!

The old hydrolastic suspension Citroens made GREAT taxicabs in Iceland.....FLOATED over the potholes.

:) Don

Phast SVX 07-04-2003 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Monzta

BUT IT'S.................FRENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I hear ya!!!!!!!:D

svxeno 07-04-2003 05:31 AM

Not grounds for divorce...

...but you should "cut her off" for a week. (Yeah, like that works) :eek:

I love the "trade up" post!! LMAO :D

I have the worst insult to our cars yet. Someone, looking from inside a restaurant, asked me if I liked my Pacer. A PACER!!?? PACER!!!??!?! :mad:

Once she got up off the floor I took her outside and let her see what she had insulted. :)

A Pacer.....SHEESH.....

Randy ii

Tarostar 07-04-2003 09:52 AM

she confused your car with an ugly car from the late 70's? Was she blind or just stupid?

The Monzta 07-04-2003 10:01 AM

Quote:

I have the worst insult to our cars yet. Someone, looking from inside a restaurant, asked me if I liked my Pacer. A PACER!!?? PACER!!!??!?!
Why don't you paint some flames down the side of your SVX, call it the Mirthmobile and drive around with all your mates head-bopping to Bohemian Rhapsody??? Maybe get a licorice dispenser for the dash too?:cool: :D

The Monzta, the Monzta, party time, excellent!!!