The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Service Shop Reviews (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   SLOW Service from Subaruparts.com! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48802)

taylorbr 01-23-2009 07:26 PM

SLOW Service from Subaruparts.com!

I sent this to them a few minutes ago regarding an antenna mast that I ordered. I was hoping the antenna would get here before I have to go on a work trip next week, but it looks like due to their poor service that won't happen. I recommend using partsquick.com or genuinesubaruparts.com if at all possible over these guys.

Quote:

Regarding order #BTS9-XXXXXX: I placed this order on 1-19-09 and it didn’t ship until 1-23-09. This seems ridiculous considering that all that was ordered was an antenna mast and it was in stock. Even more ridiculous is that the price for shipping was nearly $10 for an item that could easily fit in a padded envelope. I regularly buy parts from partsquick.com, prices are great, shipping is free, and I get things within a couple days of the order being placed. I'm extremely dissatisfied with your lack of expedience in filling orders and costly shipping prices. I hope that you can rectify the situation before you have more lost customers.

Green1995SVX 01-23-2009 07:39 PM

Re: SLOW Service from Subaruparts.com!

I placed an order from subaruparts.com nearly a MONTH ago, and still have not received it. They lied several times about the date it would be shipped, and also that it had been shipped. I have used subaruparts.com many times over the past 8 years, and never will use them again. I was able to negotiate with my local dealership to have them match subaruparts.com's pricing.

Last week I finally left a VERY scathing voicemail (since, of course, they never answer the phone) and threatened to contact my credit card company and have the charges reversed. Within 20 minutes I had a canned email with a tracking number. Says it'll be here on Monday.

redlightningsvx 01-23-2009 08:52 PM

I've used genuinesubaruparts.com before when I first got my car. I ordered a corner light and a fender which they both took well over a month and a half to arrive. I never used them again and just buy parts at work through Subaru.

ShiuludeSVX 01-23-2009 09:13 PM

Mine should be here tomorrow, or Monday, and I made the order on 0101.

They did, however send me an alert {right as I was about to pull the order}, telling me about the recent flooding in the area, and the issue of waiting for one of the parts.

But the tracking numbers are moving now, and I can see it is very close this evening.

Wikedjuggalo 01-24-2009 01:00 PM

1stsubaruparts.com took nearly a month to get me a master brake cylinder but I can't get too upset they had to order from a wharehouse. Finally got it. They failed to inform me, and it took them a few days to respond to my questions

redlightningsvx 01-24-2009 04:21 PM

Getting stuff from a subaru warehouse shouldn't take a month. We get orderes in from warehouses every week unless you VOR the item which is 5% of the total then you get it within a day or 2.

Crazy_pilot 01-24-2009 06:28 PM

A month? I wish......

This screenshot is literally from minutes ago. Note the order date of the one that is still "Pending".

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/data/500/order.jpg

July 12, 2008, 6.5 MONTHS ago! I've sent several e-mails asking them to cancel it, because I don't really want a magic $175 pulled from my credit card all of a sudden.

*grumble...*

1986nate 01-24-2009 10:13 PM

When I ordered a bunch of parts 3 months ago, I used 1stsubaruparts.com It was about $20 cheaper shipped ($215 for parts and shipping) than subaruparts.com Took them 1 day for the order to process completely and was shipped to my door in 6 days.

Wikedjuggalo 01-24-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 583893)
Getting stuff from a subaru warehouse shouldn't take a month. We get orderes in from warehouses every week unless you VOR the item which is 5% of the total then you get it within a day or 2.

It was ridiculous. I was going to cancel the damn order because I did not want 130 bucks just taken out of my account at anytime. I was tempted to go down to the bank to place a stop payment on it but I received a response (only took 5 days both message and email)

NikFu S. 01-25-2009 12:03 AM

I've ordered from them 3 times, twice it was speedy, once it was veerrry slooooww.

Green1995SVX 01-26-2009 11:23 AM

Just an update. I received my subaruparts.com order today. Everything is there. I'm still never using them again.

Freeman 01-26-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green1995SVX (Post 584136)
Just an update. I received my subaruparts.com order today. Everything is there. I'm still never using them again.

For some reason... I doubt that.

Green1995SVX 01-26-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 584138)
For some reason... I doubt that.

My local dealership has been matching subaruparts.com's prices now, so it works out well. I'm not sure if they're willing to ship, but here is their contact information anyway.

A. Crivelli Subaru
768 Allegheny Blvd, Franklin, PA
(814) 437-3068
http://www.landofthegiant.com/

Freeman 01-26-2009 12:00 PM

Thanks for that. If we all had different sources to get parts from, we wouldn't have problems of the "deal with it" companies that take forever to ship or jack up prices... The more places to supply, the better..

1986nate 07-14-2010 01:32 PM

I just thought I would update this as I had purposely not used subaruparts.com and instead chose 1stsubaruparts.com for all orders in the past due to most of the comments in here. Because of the 4th of July discount, I chose to order some parts through them.
I placed an order on 7/6 with many items showing a "yellow dot" meaning that they would need an additional 4-10 days to get them from the warehouse. I received an email yesterday, 7/13 with shipping info as well as a tracking number. So it would seem that they have maybe gotten their act together now. Or maybe, with so many orders with the discount, they thought they should really be on the ball. In any case, I am relieved that I won't be waiting weeks and weeks for my parts.:)