The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I Need Cup Holders!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8604)

scottswaaley 02-04-2003 11:39 AM

I Need Cup Holders!!!

Ok, I thought I could deal without a cup holder but I am terrified to drink anything in the car. I can't find a decent looking accessory cup holder either. Has anybody found anything that works all right and keeps the suave interior?

svxcess 02-04-2003 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A lot of us use the "wedgie" auto cup holder. It wedges inbetween the seat and the console for a snug fit. We find them in Wal-Mart for about $3-4 apiece.

Whenever I am traveling I always check the Walmarts and pick them up whenever I can. I have used them to carry X-large coffee and have yet to spill a drop. No installation, holes, etc. Remove it whenever you want.

sfsvx 02-04-2003 12:10 PM

How about those little things with 5 small appendages hanging off the end of your passengers' arms? :D :D :D

< here, honey, hold this . . . >

DavieGravy 02-04-2003 12:11 PM

Or your crotch for that matter.

PS: Feel free to use the search button when ever you like. :)

SHISVX 02-04-2003 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DavieGravy
Or your crotch for that matter.

PS: Feel free to use the search button when ever you like. :)

yeah, that works great as long as you don't have anything really hot:eek: :eek:

Kelli

DavieGravy 02-04-2003 01:32 PM

lol. I've actually spilt coffee before and had to walk to class with a wet brown stain on my pants. It was painful too.

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 01:34 PM

Wedgie

I want a wedgie...I looked at my local Wal-Mart but I haven't been able to find one...any other ideas on where I could find one?

Megan

CigarJohnny 02-04-2003 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

yeah, that works great as long as you don't have anything really hot:eek: :eek:

Kelli

What are you talking about??? Then I can sue McD's for $9 million. :D

I never thought to sue but once I got coffee from Dunkin Donuts in my travel mug. They did not put the lid on tight and it popped off as I was taking a sip. 2nd degree burns down my chin and neck, anywhere my shirt touched my belly, and especially under my seat belt where it crossed my chest. Talk about pain!!! Looking back on it I could have sued for the coffee being too hot but for my own good or not I am not that kind of person.

Back to the cup holders, I used to use the kind that clip into the window trough and hang over the inside of the sill. I never had a problem with them in my other cars but have not used anything in the SVX yet except for the old "nature's wedgie" cup holder (my lap).

CigarJohnny 02-04-2003 01:42 PM

Re: Wedgie

Quote:

Originally posted by 92SvxChick
I want a wedgie...I looked at my local Wal-Mart but I haven't been able to find one...any other ideas on where I could find one?

Megan

Stop by and I'll give you a wedgie free of charge! :D :D :D

svxcess 02-04-2003 01:55 PM

Walmart is strange. At Lafayette we found a whole bunch. I bought 4 of them and others bought some as well. We depleted their inventory rather quickly.

Traavelling across counry last summer I stopped frequently at Walmart; some had 2, some had none. Its a hit or miss thimg.

I tried searching on the web but they don't exist there. Type in "Auto cup holders", "beverage holders", or the like. Whatever you do dont type "wedgie" as a search term!

I'll try to find and bring as many of the wedgie cup holders as I possibly can to Reading. maybe other members can help as well

benebob 02-04-2003 01:56 PM

Cup holders

What you dare to drink in your SVX? If it was a Ferrarri would you be saying the same thing?:D Obviously the designers didn't want anyone drinking in their master piece so the neglected a suitable place to store drinks. That's why the XT and Brat are both in the same class as the SVX. They don't have cupholders either.;)

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:32 PM

Thanks...

CigarJohnny,
Thank you for the offer...and free of charge no less....haha

svxcess...thanks I'll check at the other Wal-Marts in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky at one of them.

Megan

mohrds 02-04-2003 02:35 PM

Re: Thanks...

Quote:

Originally posted by 92SvxChick
CigarJohnny,
Thank you for the offer...and free of charge no less....haha

svxcess...thanks I'll check at the other Wal-Marts in the area. Maybe I'll get lucky at one of them.

Megan

I got lucky in McDonald's once.... Oh sorry, I misunderstood your comment...

Me bad :D

Doug

92SvxChick 02-04-2003 02:39 PM

I guess I just don't read what I write before I post it. haha
I can see how this would be confusing...

Megan

Seraph 02-04-2003 02:52 PM

Nah, It's just doug.

hehe.

L