The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How can I change the status on my profile? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=712)

WestCoastSVX 06-27-2001 09:49 AM

How can I change the status on my profile?

Okay, I'm still kind of new to this site, but I think I've figured most of it out. But I notice most of you have some clever little alternate status on your profile while I'm stuck with "junior member" :( I looked at the FAQs and saw how to do it in theory, but my edit user profile screen does not contain the alleged "Custom User Text" field. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Troy

Aredubjay 06-27-2001 09:51 AM

Re: How can I change the status on my profile?

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Okay, I'm still kind of new to this site, but I think I've figured most of it out. But I notice most of you have some clever little alternate status on your profile while I'm stuck with "junior member" :( I looked at the FAQs and saw how to do it in theory, but my edit user profile screen does not contain the alleged "Custom User Text" field. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Troy

Sorry, but, that feature doesn't avail itself until you become a "member." Then, it is automatically added to your profile. Patience is a virtue. :D

WestCoastSVX 06-27-2001 10:12 AM

Membership has its privileges...

Ahhhhhh I figured something like that was the case....

So what do I need to do to become a member? Is it like an initiation? Do I need to wait under a car in a dark parking lot and slash someone's ankles or something? (before I scare anyone off, I didn't come up with that one, it was a urban legend that went around during the gang scare of the early 90's) ;)

Sigh.... I guess I'll wait patiently until the title of member is bestowed upon me.

Aredubjay 06-27-2001 10:30 AM

Re: Membership has its privileges...

Quote:

Ahhhhhh I figured something like that was the case....

So what do I need to do to become a member? Is it like an initiation? Do I need to wait under a car in a dark parking lot and slash someone's ankles or something? (before I scare anyone off, I didn't come up with that one, it was a urban legend that went around during the gang scare of the early 90's) ;)

Sigh.... I guess I'll wait patiently until the title of member is bestowed upon me.

You have to sit on a block of ice, on your naked tukus and while eating crackers you have to successfully whistle Yankee Doodle. You can't get up until you've SUCCESSFULLY whistled every note.
Just kidding. I believe you become a "member" after 50 posts. A "senior" member when you've reached one hundred. Unfortunately, I can't change my designation any more.

WestCoastSVX 06-27-2001 10:50 AM

Re: Re: Membership has its privileges...

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

Unfortunately, I can't change my designation any more.

The price you pay for being the almighty moderator...
:D

Thanks for the info! This site isn't as confusing as I thought it would be. Yahoo who? :rolleyes:

1994SubaruSVX 06-27-2001 11:33 AM

welcome to the net, glad you could join us!

i think i changed my status while i still had junior member up. i will research how to do it then leave you with some instructions.

1994SubaruSVX 06-27-2001 11:38 AM

ok here you go....

click on Subaru SVX Network, then go down to Private Messages, your user name should be done there, click on it, then click on Edit Profile. You should see a line that says Custom User Text. to the right of that it says new title. there you go! good luck and tell me how it works. :)

Aredubjay 06-27-2001 11:52 AM

Re: ok here you go....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
click on Subaru SVX Network, then go down to Private Messages, your user name should be done there, click on it, then click on Edit Profile. You should see a line that says Custom User Text. to the right of that it says new title. there you go! good luck and tell me how it works. :)
Leo, Leo, Leo. You must read ALL the posts before responding. This is quoted from the INITIAL post:

<<I looked at the FAQs and saw how to do it in theory, but my edit user profile screen does not contain the alleged "Custom User Text" field.>>

I also noticed that you used the verbiage in your post, ". . . your user name should be done there . . ."

Is that written in the southern vernacular, as in using "done" as a euphemism for "already?" If so, kudos! I love having multi-lingual people on the board. You and I must converse sometime, using the tongues of our forefathers. Y'all come back now, y'hear.

WestCoastSVX 06-27-2001 12:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome

Yes Randy's right, the Custom User Text option is still not available to me no matter which way I try to access the edit profile screen. No big deal, I'll see what happens after 50 posts.

But thanks for the welcome! I frequented the Yahoo club for about 6 months but can no longer access it due to firewall problems here at work. This site is much better and I hope to drag the rest of my Northwest comrades over here with me. :)

eddycat2000 06-27-2001 02:19 PM

Re: Thanks for the welcome

Quote:

But thanks for the welcome! I frequented the Yahoo club for about 6 months but can no longer access it due to firewall problems here at work. This site is much better and I hope to drag the rest of my Northwest comrades over here with me. :)

You must bow down to the high grand exalted poobah (Aredub), henceforth he will ask sith and Vidar to fix the site to your preferences. He's very good about performing this task, but I must tell you that to get the allmighty's attention you must smack him upside the head with a copy of Road and Track and agree that we all have all wheel steering!

Hey! I heard on teevee that the holocaust didn't really happen, must be true...it was on teevee! (Reporters are never wrong!)