The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   1st Junkyard SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56342)

gbianchi 01-12-2011 01:17 PM

1st Junkyard SVX

So yesterday I saw my 1st SVX at pullnsave, how very sad, but beneficial to lots of owners. It had 274,xxx on the odo so it saw some pretty good miles, had an engine fire that was prolonged, melted allot of all., So this guy is there also working on the inside, I asked if he owned 1 or was working on one for someone, he says no just getting the change from under the seats and around the center console:confused:, said he was there earlier and cut himself, ya he did there was ALLOT of blood around the back of the car:eek:. So he couldn't get the drivers seat off the floor so he takes a razor knife and cuts the seat all apart trying to get it off the floor:mad:, bit my tongue and went to work I was able to get the owners manual and folder and the security module, and some misc items to finish restoring my parts car:), this was the 2nd I'd seen parted, the 1st was a private party and was very very sad to see, it was a low mileage total. Anywho there ya go Cheers to Happy New year..............G

ShiuludeSVX 01-12-2011 02:27 PM

Re: 1st Junkyard SVX

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbianchi (Post 666556)
So yesterday I saw my 1st SVX at pullnsave, how very sad, but beneficial to lots of owners. It had 274,xxx on the odo so it saw some pretty good miles, had an engine fire that was prolonged, melted allot of all., So this guy is there also working on the inside, I asked if he owned 1 or was working on one for someone, he says no just getting the change from under the seats and around the center console:confused:, said he was there earlier and cut himself, ya he did there was ALLOT of blood around the back of the car:eek:. So he couldn't get the drivers seat off the floor so he takes a razor knife and cuts the seat all apart trying to get it off the floor:mad:, bit my tongue and went to work I was able to get the owners manual and folder and the security module, and some misc items to finish restoring my parts car:), this was the 2nd I'd seen parted, the 1st was a private party and was very very sad to see, it was a low mileage total. Anywho there ya go Cheers to Happy New year..............G

My local Upick crushed the one I was pulling parts from. I'd been a regular for a few weeks too. Meanwhile there is a fiero that has been there all year, and they had the SVX all of 2 months.

benebob 01-12-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShiuludeSVX (Post 666570)
My local Upick crushed the one I was pulling parts from. I'd been a regular for a few weeks too. Meanwhile there is a fiero that has been there all year, and they had the SVX all of 2 months.

Price of steel vs, price of plastic.;);)

svxfiles 01-12-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gbianchi (Post 666556)

Its too bad he was not a hemophiliac..:mad: