The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Birthday Myxalplyx!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51409)

TomsSVX 08-24-2009 04:40 PM

Happy Birthday Myxalplyx!!

happy B-day Kevin, hope all is well in your world

Tom

ensteele 08-24-2009 04:47 PM

Re: Happy Birthday Myxalplyx!!

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a good one. :)

SilverSpear 08-24-2009 05:09 PM

Happy Birthday :)

subeman90 08-24-2009 06:29 PM

HBD Kevin. You still around????? :D

svxfiles 08-24-2009 08:19 PM

Happy Birthday Keven.:)

42, Are you shaving yet?:p

huck369 08-25-2009 05:20 AM

Happy B-Day Kevin!!
Hope you get some great Subie presents!

Myxalplyx 08-29-2009 09:05 AM

4 LONG days later.

I did get a nice present! :D The wifey is putting a 'sound system' in my XT6 (The car she HATES the most) out of any and all possible cars. I love her! :lol:

SilverSpear 08-29-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 615587)
The wifey is putting a 'sound system' in my XT6 (The car she HATES the most)

Curiously... why? (No one understands women though)

TomsSVX 08-29-2009 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear (Post 615592)

Because it is a flying death wedge:lol::lol::lol:

Nice to hear that the wedge will be getting some love again. How have you been Kevin?

Tom

Myxalplyx 08-29-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 615593)

Nice to hear that the wedge will be getting some love again. How have you been Kevin?

Tom

Great Tom! I have just been floating around the boards off and on. I can't leave this place.....ever.

Quote:

Because I love my XT6. I do not see ANY anywhere, anymore. An SVX I run into...once every...eh..errr......8 months...maybe....if I'm lucky. Once a year at our meets...if I show. XT6s? Extinct!!! And since this one does not have a radio, I said I want a sound system to be installed for my B-day. So since she's rolling in $$$......she said just let me know when and what kind you want and I'll install it. (Myx kisses her feet and bows)

TomsSVX 08-29-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 615600)
Great Tom! I have just been floating around the boards off and on. I can't leave this place.....ever.

Because I love my XT6. I do not see ANY anywhere, anymore. An SVX I run into...once every...eh..errr......8 months...maybe....if I'm lucky. Once a year at our meets...if I show. XT6s? Extinct!!! And since this one does not have a radio, I said I want a sound system to be installed for my B-day. So since she's rolling in $$$......she said just let me know when and what kind you want and I'll install it. (Myx kisses her feet and bows)

LOL we should try and get out to Atco again sometime soon. Maybe run the wedge of death again and try to break your record!

Tom

Myxalplyx 08-30-2009 11:47 AM

Tom (Your PM box is full...so I am sending this in this thread). :D

Tom,

I'm always down for some 'Testing and Tuning'. Feel free to send me an email at anytime as to when and where you'll be going to the track. I have not been back to the track for some time now but would like to get started again. I have not been doing any mods at all. Just enjoying driving both the XT6 and SVX.

Kevin

shotgunslade 08-30-2009 11:58 AM

Kevin

Happy Brithday. Remember the ride I gave you at Reading a few years ago? You were surprised at the handling with the then new coil-overs. Next Reading, I'll have to be there, after missing last year, to show you Tom's latest handywork. Will be the ultimate NA street-legal EG33. See you then.

Myxalplyx 08-30-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgunslade (Post 615709)
Kevin

Happy Brithday. Remember the ride I gave you at Reading a few years ago? You were surprised at the handling with the then new coil-overs. Next Reading, I'll have to be there, after missing last year, to show you Tom's latest handywork. Will be the ultimate NA street-legal EG33. See you then.

Thanks for the B-Day!

Yes, I will never forget that ride. Actually, I remember your ride as well as Tom's racer-ride as far as the handling goes. I was really impressed by how your car handled. Actually kinda shocked me! Looking forward to see what you guys have cooked up.

svxistentialist 08-30-2009 05:48 PM

Belated Happy Birthday Kevin!

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 615593)

Tom

I love this argument. Is it possible Danny asked Why Kevin's Missus hates the XT6, but Kevin answered why she was putting a stereo in the car for him, rather than why she hated the Wedge?? :rolleyes:

People think of wedgy cars as 80s styling, I think of them as 70s, but the XT came late to the party.

Probably the original production wedge vehicle was the Lotus Esprit of 1972. This was designed by Giugiaro, and is still beautiful. It took its cues in part from the exceptionally wedgy shape of the F1 Lotus 72.

In my [not that humble] opinion many of the wedge production cars that followed till the 90s were lacking in style, and the XT6 was the worst of the lot, maybe that's why Fuji used a Giugiaro design study for the SVX when designing the successor that became the SVX.

There were not too many real wedges that made production. In no particular order other than the original Esprit I remember the TVR Tasmin, the Triumph TR7, the Matra Bagheera and Murena, the awful Austin Princess, the Subaru XT and of course the deLorean. I used own a Murena and I still own a Bagheera.

The XT has got to be the ugliest of the lot, they really did away with any curves on that car, save maybe the tyres, and those had to be round. :rolleyes: I know the guys on here that have them, they love them, but they are really the red headed children of the auto world. Only a mother.....:o

:p