The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Body Modifications (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   New Paint Job (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35064)

rvnmaniac 09-07-2006 08:48 AM

New Paint Job

Looking for recommendations for a good body shop in the Baltimore/DC area or not to far from this area......My 92 Claret has a few minor dings. Sometime prior to my ownership the hood was painted and it is now turning colors. The black paint on the roof is fading. I also have a un-installed spoiler that could use some prettying up........So i'm looking to have the entire vehicle painted the original color.......The first estimate i received was $3485 but they said they would do it for $3000. This was guaranteed for the life of the car paint job....Of course i'll be making some more stops at other facilities for comparisons of price and the facilities past work/reputation.......
Anyone with some places that they are or know someone who was VERY satisfied with work they had done would be appreciated. I want the car to look like it just came off the show room floor........Well at least the exterior.........

THANKS

svxfiles 09-07-2006 09:23 AM

Hi Henry.:)
There are two places here in Cumberland that I would recomend.
The first being subi-crosser!
If his paint shop is now open, you know it's someone who loves the SVX!:cool:

SVXRide 09-07-2006 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles
Hi Henry.:)
There are two places here in Cumberland that I would recomend.
The first being subi-crosser!
If his paint shop is now open, you know it's someone who loves the SVX!:cool:

Tom,
Think he might have a "SubiSport spruce up" special?
-Bill

hophead 09-07-2006 12:06 PM

92 claret paint

I also have a 92 Claret and it looks like ONLY the hood has been repainted. It was not the best prep job and the color is slightly different. I cannot tell why it was painted as there looks to be no bent areas under it or on the edges. The CARFAX showed no accidents. (reported anyway) I am also thinking of dropping some cash into it to feel comfortable in keeping it for a few more years. I will watch to see if you find a good paint shop. Let me know if you do.

Fred

NikFu S. 09-07-2006 06:07 PM

While the topic is hot, can someone tell me what is a fair price for a "freshen up" paint job?

I intend to just get the outside coated a couple times with the original color to hide all the scratches, rock chips and mis-matched touch-ups I did years ago.

What exactly entails "prepping" the vehicle? Should I hand wash it before taking it in someplace?

SVXBart 09-08-2006 07:41 PM

where are you in baltimore ?
i'm in perry hall and also have 92 claret!
check this thread :my1st svx in general svx bable and posts on 2 page
are you going to be at Ripkins Stadium on 16?

It's Just Eric 09-09-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

While the topic is hot, can someone tell me what is a fair price for a "freshen up" paint job?

I intend to just get the outside coated a couple times with the original color to hide all the scratches, rock chips and mis-matched touch-ups I did years ago.

What exactly entails "prepping" the vehicle? Should I hand wash it before taking it in someplace?
PM me, I can let you know exactly what you need to do. A "freshening up" is kindof impossible without making it look like butt, as any minor imperfections in your cars paint will only be exaggerated by another layer of new paint.
like I said, if your considering doing this, PM me. A paint job with all the prep work properly done yourself can be had for under 1000 at a reputable body shop