The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hood Badge (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27210)

Mrs.Rotorflyr 07-07-2005 06:02 PM

Hood Badge

Hi there!

I want to suprise Rotorflyr and replace the stock hood badge. I thought it would be a simple process-HuH- :confused: I couldn't even find where the stock badge comes off. I'd appreciate any help you could give me. :) thanks

Earthworm 07-07-2005 06:05 PM

It actually just pulls off. It may have some adhesive holding it on though.

n00b on demand 07-07-2005 06:15 PM

Umm not much of a surprise if he reads this dont ya think? :rolleyes: :p

Earthworm 07-07-2005 06:20 PM

She can delete the thread before he gets a chance.

SilverSpear 07-07-2005 11:13 PM

mmm, i was thinking, why don't you surprise him with something much simpler, like 25th anniversary stickers... or SVX stickers... Must you go the hard way?

ensteele 07-08-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
... like 25th anniversary stickers...

Maybe because he doesn't have a 93 - 25th Anniversary Editon. :rolleyes: :o :confused:

sharky512345 07-08-2005 01:19 AM

Quote:

mmm, i was thinking, why don't you surprise him with something much simpler, like 25th anniversary stickers... or SVX stickers... Must you go the hard way?

how is installing a hood badge harder than installing a sticker? :confused:

msvx95 07-08-2005 03:32 AM

It should come off easier after applying a little heat from a hair dryer

P.S. Nice to meet you my not-too-far-away neighbor :)

SilverSpear 07-08-2005 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharky512345
how is installing a hood badge harder than installing a sticker? :confused:

it seems you didn't get it, the thing is that Mrs. RotorFlyer wants to surprise her husband, right? she is thinking of REMOVING the hood badge and but another, right? I am asking Mrs. RotorFlyer why go that hard road of things like removing the badge (risking scratching the hood in the process) and installing another when she can surprise her husband in another simpler way, right? So i advised something like SVX sticker... and leaving the emblem as it is ,Right? she can also buy him SVX floor mats.... or anything simple as that...
SO as you know guys, right = + , so many rights = many +'s , and simplifiying it, right = + or + = right..... what's wrong with me today, i feel drunk, hicup!!!

you got it now sharky? :D :D .... I hope everybody understood what i said because i got confused in it... :confused: :confused:

red95svx 07-08-2005 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Maybe because he doesn't have a 93 - 25th Anniversary Editon. :rolleyes: :o :confused:

But only a true SVX enthusiast would know his dirty little secret:)

Dave

SilverSpear 07-08-2005 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx

Dave

Man !!! this thread reminds me in the first one i ever started on this forum when i stated that i made a bodykit for my car without showing pics of it.. most of you guys Bombarded me with negative feedback concerning this issue...
Concerning this 25th anniversary sticker, i knew it was for 93 SVX's, but i was thinking of giving Mrs Flyer a better idea than removing the hood badge...

And Dave, i consider myself as a true SVX enthusiast and one of the most commited to it by far........ :cool: ;) :D

red95svx 07-08-2005 07:07 AM

Quote:

And Dave, i consider myself as a true SVX enthusiast and one of the most commited to it by far........ :cool: ;) :D

That's nice, but my comment had nothing to do with you. My point is that Joe average on the street would have no idea that the car was not really a 25th Anniv. model.

Dave

Matthewmongan 07-08-2005 07:36 AM

now play nice.

i dont know why she is having trouble removing the emblem. mine fell off at highway speeds.

SubaSteevo 07-08-2005 08:11 AM

I personally think the Alycone emblem is a great idea, he probably won't even notice at first.

ensteele 07-08-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx

Dave

But could he sleep at night thinking about having something that is not 100% correct? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :D :p :p