The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   God, I hope this is an April Fool's Joke (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17628)

Darksied-X 04-01-2004 11:18 AM

God, I hope this is an April Fool's Joke

The new Batmobile, as it will supposedly appear in the mext movie in the Batman series, Batman Begins That looks nothing like what the Batmobile is supposed to look like.:mad: It's supposed to be sleek, fast, and high-tech looking, not some damn hill-billy mud-runner. I think the producers of this movie are gonna go down in history for ruining one of the most iconic vehicles ever.:(

Uncamitzi 04-01-2004 11:19 AM

Re: God, I hope this is an April Fool's Joke

Quote:

Originally posted by Darksied-X
The new Batmobile, as it will supposedly appear in the mext movie in the Batman series, Batman Begins That looks nothing like what the Batmobile is supposed to look like.:mad: It's supposed to be sleek, fast, and high-tech looking, not some damn hill-billy mud-runner. I think the producers of this movie are gonna go down in history for ruining one of the most iconic vehicles ever.:(

Kinda looks like a Pontiac AZTEC.... with big wheels....:D

SubaSteevo 04-01-2004 11:42 AM

[barf]I looks like the sick demented child of a B-52 stealth bomber and an 18 wheeler[/barf]

JLittell 04-01-2004 12:07 PM

What the **** is that????

Looks as if it's a black John Deere Tuft tractor!

Mr. Pockets 04-01-2004 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast
[barf]I looks like the sick demented child of a B-52 stealth bomber and an 18 wheeler[/barf]
A B-52 is hardly 'stealth.' :D

Anyway, I dig it from behind, but not from the front. Imagine how much crap those front tires would spray up onto the windshield.

Or are these special anti-crap-flinging bat-tires? ;)

Anyway, even if this turns out to be the Batmobile, I wouldn't worry about it until you see it in context. Remember that Batman always seemed to have a vehicle to suit his needs at the time, and the typical sleek Batmobile didn't exactly have a lot of ground clearance. So maybe this is just his offroad Batmobile. :)

Breck SVX 04-01-2004 12:55 PM

i like it

Darksied-X 04-01-2004 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Anyway, even if this turns out to be the Batmobile, I wouldn't worry about it until you see it in context. Remember that Batman always seemed to have a vehicle to suit his needs at the time, and the typical sleek Batmobile didn't exactly have a lot of ground clearance. So maybe this is just his offroad Batmobile.
From what I understand of the story, this is not supposed to be a specialized Bat-vehicle, but the original Batmobile itself. The movie chronicles Bruce Wayne's transformation into the Dark Knight just after his parent's deaths. But I really, really hope you and John are right, and that this is merely the Bat-riding mower used to mow the Bat-grass on the Bat-lawn.:rolleyes:

GreenMarine 04-01-2004 01:09 PM

those tires in the front are Dirt drack tires... "Gotsubarus" (Shane) has some on his beast of an outback!!!

Yoda3000 04-01-2004 02:50 PM

Awwe, come on guys. that thing looks like it could go at least... 3 mph using 32 gallons rocket fuel. After all, batman is never in a hurry.

Can you sense the sarcasm? and SVX would be a much better batmobile.

WestCoastSVX 04-01-2004 02:56 PM

Quote:

Anyway, I dig it from behind, but not from the front. Imagine how much crap those front tires would spray up onto the windshield.

Anyway, even if this turns out to be the Batmobile, I wouldn't worry about it until you see it in context. Remember that Batman always seemed to have a vehicle to suit his needs at the time, and the typical sleek Batmobile didn't exactly have a lot of ground clearance. So maybe this is just his offroad Batmobile. :)

What he said. :)

LarryIII 04-01-2004 03:25 PM

Chuck Barris, created the original Batmobile for the Adam West Batman show on TV. I think he started with a '59 or '60 Buick.
He would roll over in his grave, if he saw this monstrosity.

Darksied-X 04-01-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Chuck Barris, created the original Batmobile for the Adam West Batman show on TV. I think he started with a '59 or '60 Buick.

It was a '55 Lincoln Futura, and your right, Barris would be p!$$&d! The first Batmobile was a work of art that is still beautiful today. And it got me thinking about what would make the perfect Batmobile for this movie, with a few minor tweaks. Remove all Bat-logos, red striping, and the pipes. Replace the double bubble roof with a chopped hardtop, and the wheels with black ones. Voila, the perfect Batmobile, a dark tribute to the classic. Man, I'm in the wrong line of work.:D

Shadow248 04-01-2004 04:32 PM

Well I think it fit's the image. I mean it looks like something a super-hero might drive. I agree though that it's not the way they should have gone. It would be more believable if this were yet another installment in the series...cause technology would be progressing, but it looks way too advanced to be what he drove first. Think about it...according to the story, he went from THAT thing, to the car in the Keaton movies. Doesn't make sense to me.

SubaSteevo 04-01-2004 05:34 PM

Quote:

:o meant B-2! Sorry, I've had "Love Shack" stuck in my head all day. :D

WestCoastSVX 04-01-2004 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII

He probably will see it, he isn't dead is he? :confused:

He was just a consultant on an episode of Monster Garage last season. :D Of course he could have passed since then.

On the episode they did a little bio on him and he was showing off his Batmobile, it was in some museum I think. Many consider it the most famous car.

I also got the 60's Batman feature movie on DVD for Christmas. :D The movie they had in theaters right after the show came out to help promote it (it's on TV a lot, the one where all 4 of the biggest villians are teamed up, they dehydrate the united nations guys, they have a penguin submarine, etc LOL). The DVD has a cool featurette on the Batmobile with George Barris (it was filmed whenever the DVD was made, 2001 I think) and he talks all about how he built it, what parts really worked, etc. :)