The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Hey Rob, need your help (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17564)

Noir 03-29-2004 09:47 PM

Hey Rob, need your help

hey rob, alycone has a mac and needs your help to make the chat feature work on this site. wonder if you know how to fix it.

Noir 03-29-2004 10:02 PM

muohaha, fixing the mac error :D and i don't even have one! :O

Chicane 03-29-2004 11:04 PM

I use 'conversation' for IRC. As for the live chat, I have no idea, I've never used it.

- Rob

nubs 03-30-2004 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I have no idea,

- Rob

Who would have thought.:eek:

Chicane 03-30-2004 06:31 AM

I actually tried it right after I posted that. Just use any OSX irc client, and just type in www.subaru-svx.net for the server name...port number 6667 I think. Hit connect. The end. It works.

- Rob

Noir 03-30-2004 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
I actually tried it right after I posted that. Just use any OSX irc client, and just type in www.subaru-svx.net for the server name...port number 6667 I think. Hit connect. The end. It works.

- Rob

yeah, unfortunately on her mac she gets an error with that program. apparently the program doesn't work. got her to download another application ircle and waalaa it works. what works on your mac doesn't mean it works on another's mac, hence why i thought you knew what was wrong and could fix it, but instead of asking what's wrong with it or what errors she was getting, you just tried to connect (and apparently it works on yours) but that doesn't make hers work. but don't worry, since i solve problems well, i got it fixed on her mac. Thanks anyway though. Nice to know it works on yours. :rolleyes: But that doesn't solve the problem.

Landshark 03-30-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir

yeah, unfortunately on her mac she gets an error with that program. apparently the program doesn't work. got her to download another application ircle and waalaa it works. what works on your mac doesn't mean it works on another's mac, hence why i thought you knew what was wrong and could fix it, but instead of asking what's wrong with it or what errors she was getting, you just tried to connect (and apparently it works on yours) but that doesn't make hers work. but don't worry, since i solve problems well, i got it fixed on her mac. Thanks anyway though. Nice to know it works on yours. :rolleyes: But that doesn't solve the problem.

Harry, you'd better give your friend an IQ test ...........

kidding! :D

Noir 03-30-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

Harry, you'd better give your friend an IQ test ...........

kidding! :D

would be interesting...too bad i live too far away, i'd like to test his abilities. i love puzzles, wonder how well he would do.

WestCoastSVX 03-30-2004 12:51 PM

From "Ways to Survive in a Horrific Situation"...

Puzzle boxes are hard to solve for a reason. :D

Noir 03-30-2004 01:18 PM

Re: From "Ways to Survive in a Horrific Situation"...

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Puzzle boxes are hard to solve for a reason. :D
i love puzzles... :)

and i'm one of those types of people that can't sleep until it's solved...then again so are all of my friends :)

Uncamitzi 03-30-2004 02:22 PM

Re: Re: From "Ways to Survive in a Horrific Situation"...

Quote:

Originally posted by Noir

i love puzzles... :)

and i'm one of those types of people that can't sleep until it's solved...then again so are all of my friends :)

So ... buy a Mac ( ...= puzzlebox ):D :D

WestCoastSVX 03-30-2004 03:34 PM

Well the type of puzzlebox I was referring to you may not want to solve (see the source of the quote in my subject line). :D

It's the type of puzzlebox found in many 80's horror films that when solved release some kind of ancient evil, a demon, the apocalypse, etc.

Noir 03-30-2004 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
Well the type of puzzlebox I was referring to you may not want to solve (see the source of the quote in my subject line). :D

It's the type of puzzlebox found in many 80's horror films that when solved release some kind of ancient evil, a demon, the apocalypse, etc.

hey those sound like fun. i'll solve any if you find them. i've been searching for a way to destroy man once and for all for a long time.

WestCoastSVX 03-30-2004 06:43 PM

I'm sure one will pop up on ebay one of these days. ;)

Chicane 03-31-2004 06:14 AM

If conversation doesn't work on her computer, something is wrong. Back everything up, and reinstall. That's an extremely simple app, and if it isn't running, something is def f*cked.

- Rob