The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   cool guitar toy (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14702)

Landshark 11-26-2003 05:55 PM

cool guitar toy

1 Attachment(s)
i got a Line6 PODxt amp modeler not too long ago, but was finally able to hook it up via USB to the computer to record (with the mic'd speaker cabinet simulator.) its SWEET! its like having 30 expensive amplifiers (and a bunch of different speaker cabinets) in a little box. here's a little clip of me playing using the Marshall Plexi Variac model, otherwise known as the late '70's Eddie Van Halen "brown sound." :)

BTW, Doug, have you checked out the BassPOD?

mohrds 11-26-2003 07:11 PM

Re: cool guitar toy

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

No, but I will. It sounds pretty cool.

Doug

Subafreak 11-26-2003 08:09 PM

Quote:

i got a Line6 PODxt amp modeler not too long ago, but was finally able to hook it up via USB to the computer to record (with the mic'd speaker cabinet simulator.) its SWEET! its like having 30 expensive amplifiers (and a bunch of different speaker cabinets) in a little box. here's a little clip of me playing using the Marshall Plexi Variac model, otherwise known as the late '70's Eddie Van Halen "brown sound." :)

I have no idea what you just said?

Landshark 11-26-2003 09:24 PM

you play yer electric twanger thru dis magic box and it sounds like its playing thru a big Marshall stack, a Mesa/Boogie, Fender Twin, Soldano, or any number of big expensive amplifiers, using fancy-pants digital modeling. :)

Subafreak 11-27-2003 06:41 AM

Oh? Umm, cool?

Phast SVX 11-27-2003 09:09 AM

that has a REALLY RICH SOUND....ive seen some cheapy units that sound like crap, please tell me this one is affordable?
BTW, nice jam session :) Know anybody looing for a guitar? Im selling a scheckter S7, diamond series.
Phil

Landshark 11-27-2003 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Phast SVX
that has a REALLY RICH SOUND....ive seen some cheapy units that sound like crap, please tell me this one is affordable?
BTW, nice jam session :) Know anybody looing for a guitar? Im selling a scheckter S7, diamond series.
Phil

it sounds even better through a power amp and speaker cabinet - the 'simulated speaker cab' sound is good, but through some real speakers its really sweet. the tube amps have that 'spongey' warm sound, and they overdrive the harder you play like the real deal.

they go for like $400 - it well worth it considering what you get! here's a clip of the Fender Bassman simulation......

CigarJohnny 11-28-2003 08:23 AM

Quote:

You played this sample yourself? Wow, I'm impressed. :cool:

alacrity024 11-28-2003 08:49 AM

i'll haul my drumset to the next meet and we can have a real hootenanny!!!

-a :rolleyes: