The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Open Questions for Admins (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6951)

mohrds 11-11-2002 05:17 PM

Open Questions for Admins

How is our disk space doing?

It seems that many users are running into restrictions on PM's and it is getting very frustrating.

I'd like to know what are the settings for PMs as far as limits by size, number of messages, subfolders, etc.

Is there a way to export PMs to a flat file so if I can't keep them here, I can keep them locally.

Doug

Landshark 11-11-2002 05:36 PM

one more thing, there's a bunch of dead links in the Links section.

Chris 11-12-2002 02:52 AM

Re: Open Questions for Admins

Quote:

Originally posted by mohrds
How is our disk space doing?

It seems that many users are running into restrictions on PM's and it is getting very frustrating.

I'd like to know what are the settings for PMs as far as limits by size, number of messages, subfolders, etc.

Is there a way to export PMs to a flat file so if I can't keep them here, I can keep them locally.

Doug

Disk space is a bit low, but not critical yet. The setting for PM's is set to 150. In my opinion this was acceptable, but I am open to hearing suggestions to up to limit to another acceptable level.

There is no easy way I know as of this moment to export PM's. In the VERY near future, there will be some upgrades to the software and it "might" be an addded feature.

Chris 11-12-2002 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
one more thing, there's a bunch of dead links in the Links section.
I will have to set aside a bit of time to investigate and correct the link failures. Thanks for the note.

Landshark 11-12-2002 08:18 AM

Chris,
i take it back - there are only 3 dead links. i could have sworn last time i checked there were more. anyways, "Drag racing the EG33", SVX Community site", and "Technical service bulletins" appear to be dead. i'll submit some other links that might be helpful when i get a chance.

mohrds 11-12-2002 08:45 AM

Re: Re: Open Questions for Admins

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris

Disk space is a bit low, but not critical yet. The setting for PM's is set to 150. In my opinion this was acceptable, but I am open to hearing suggestions to up to limit to another acceptable level.

There is no easy way I know as of this moment to export PM's. In the VERY near future, there will be some upgrades to the software and it "might" be an addded feature.

Is the limit on all PMs in any folders, and if so, is it possible to only have a limit on the inbox and not on storage folders that I create?

I'm just trying to figure out how I can mange them best without losing them or manually copying them out one by one.

Doug