The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Group buy interest information (motor mounts) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=44522)

Chris 04-27-2008 09:32 PM

Group buy interest information (motor mounts)

OK, it seems as if there are some people making minor modifications to other Subaru motor mounts as a possible stronger and or less expensive solution to our application. Previously, I have headed up the Aluminum Radiator Project and now I am thinking about pulling the pin on another frustration. I am SICK and tired of getting under my car to find I have yet again destroyed another motor mount. Yes, I know, I could put a limiter strap in or something similar.

What I am curious about is how many people would be interested in a reasonably priced, OEM style, drop in SVX motor mount pair made from stronger urethane versus rubber. No commitment at this point. I am looking to see if there is enough interest to counter the time needed get a company interested in such a project. So..... sound off. If I have enough interest, I will see if I can get a company to at least look out ours then get a group buy price and how many would be required to do an initial production run.

lhopp77 04-28-2008 07:57 AM

In

Consider me in.

Lee

ShiuludeSVX 04-28-2008 09:15 AM

Me too

I'm pretty sure I could use some. My mounts look like they are on the way out, and they may have something to do with the Underbody chatter.

ensteele 04-28-2008 09:20 AM

I would be interested in some too. :)

Tim 04-28-2008 09:37 AM

+1, but i may go with the sti group N depending on when I get my 5 speed installed.

dragoontwo 04-28-2008 09:42 AM

I'm in.....

wannarace928 04-28-2008 09:46 AM

I'm interested.

kwren 04-28-2008 09:55 AM

Looks like Earl...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 544581)
I would be interested in some too. :)

can be a one man group buy:lol:

:)

immortal_suby 04-28-2008 12:36 PM

I'm interested depending upon the price...

ridered777 04-28-2008 01:23 PM

Might be interested, depending on what you truely mean by "OEM but stiffer" - I feel this contradictory, no? I'd be looking for a performance return of some kind on my money. So something as an alternative to GruppeN I'd be in for, but something that is "more durable than OEM" I'm not really interested.

Hmm. I ramble. :p

NikFu S. 04-28-2008 07:53 PM

Can this happen before I get my trans together and swapped?

subarufamily 04-28-2008 08:34 PM

count me in I will need at least 1 set maybe 2

PaulDexler 04-28-2008 08:55 PM

I'm in

Since I know little about the history of my car, I'd like to have a "just in case" set that will last.
Paul

Nevin 04-28-2008 11:11 PM

I am interested, for sure.

Chris, if you're looking for a place, give awrracing a try. www.awrracing.com is the site. Anthony stepped up to the plate and made some stuff for probes a couple years ago, and has continued to do well with other projects. I have a rear sway bar and endlinks of his, as well as motormounts and have been completely satisfied with how they've performed.

Just a thought anyway. If you have someone else in mind... then by all means, but this is something that they do well!

I would also suspect that if we wanted a coilover bulk buy, and swaybars or endlinks made, they would be up to the challenge.

lhopp77 04-29-2008 09:37 AM

Yep!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridered777 (Post 544633)
Might be interested, depending on what you truely mean by "OEM but stiffer" - I feel this contradictory, no? I'd be looking for a performance return of some kind on my money. So something as an alternative to GruppeN I'd be in for, but something that is "more durable than OEM" I'm not really interested.

Hmm. I ramble. :p

You ARE rambling--in his first thread he provides information that definitely indicates it would be better than the stock--I read it that he proposes one based on the OEM mounts but using urethane instead of the rubber. We ALL know the benefits of that--I think. :rolleyes:

Oh, BY the way

I would want at least 2 sets if not extremely expensive.

Lee