The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lancaster County Motors Parts Department - Bad dealer experiance. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7913)

Green1995SVX 01-02-2003 03:11 PM

Lancaster County Motors Parts Department - Bad dealer experiance.

I went to Lancaster County Motors today to schedule the anual safety inspection of my car, and to have the oil changed and some minor warranty work done. While there i decided to order some minor parts that I have been wanting to replace... some decals, and other very small items.

I went to the parts counter and asked for them to look up the parts. The man working there refused to look up the parts for me, saying that they didnt exist. I asked him to look up the parts twice. Seeing i was getting nowhere, I told him I would go home, get the part numbers, and call back. I came home, called my favorite dealer, Kerven Subaru, in Butler PA, and got the part numbers from them. I then called Lancaster County Motors and ordered the parts.

I hope they match the subaruparts.com prices. Otherwise I'm not going to buy the parts when they come in.

Anyway... I guess I am not used to how mean people are around here, but it really threw me. :(

[/rant]

Mike

Mr. Pockets 01-02-2003 04:07 PM

Given that attitude, I'm surprised that they didn't want cash up front before they'd order the parts. I've had to trek to the friggin' dealer to pay $12 for a part before they'd order it. And then other times I can order $100 or more and they don't want me to prepay.

LarryIII 01-02-2003 06:39 PM

Talk to the service/parts mgr. If he does not help, WRITE a letter to the zone rep. with a copy to SOA and the dealership mgr. & owner.

benebob 01-02-2003 08:35 PM

Bad LCM experience

Was it the old guy??? He's a real jack ass. Couldn't believe I'd order a hundred dollar part for my Brat. Could hear him mutter something about it being worth more than the Brat.

Green1995SVX 01-02-2003 08:41 PM

Re: Bad LCM experience

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Was it the old guy??? He's a real jack ass. Couldn't believe I'd order a hundred dollar part for my Brat. Could hear him mutter something about it being worth more than the Brat.
THAT WAS HIM!! Yep that was the basic attitude i was getting. :( Stupid jerk.

Mike

benebob 01-02-2003 08:49 PM

LCM

Yeah he wouldn't look up the plate which holds the distributor down for me either. Said there wasn't one. I replied "What do ya think the distributor just stays in by free will? That's fine I'll save the $50 I was gonna give ya and go to a yard and get one. The younger guy is nice enough. A little clueless but nice. I took the book from him and pulled up what I needed.

SHISVX 01-02-2003 09:13 PM

Re: Re: Bad LCM experience

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX

THAT WAS HIM!! Yep that was the basic attitude i was getting. :( Stupid jerk.

Mike

STEAL HIS WIPERS!!!!! :D

Kelli

only kidding!!!! just report his old grouchy butt

249SVX 01-02-2003 10:51 PM

construction

Are they finished with their building construction yet? I was down in a couple of months ago for a water pump and they had everything ripped apart. I walked across the service area to get to the parts department making sure not to trip over the freakin' engine block they had sitting in the middle of the floor.

Green1995SVX 01-02-2003 11:21 PM

Nope... its all still ripped up. I really dont like that dealer. I used to rave about them, but ever since the Mercedes operation moved to a different location, their service has gone downhill fast.

Mike

FifthElement 01-02-2003 11:22 PM

Why do you patronize a dealership that treats you that way?

Green1995SVX 01-02-2003 11:25 PM

It is the closest dealer to my parents house here in Lancaster. It is also where I bought my car, and i have never had a problem with any service they have done. They are very experiacned with SVXs.

Mike

Noir 01-03-2003 02:44 AM

Your lucky that they are good with SVX's Mike, I'm having hell trying to find one here. I'd call the dealers and they'd say we won't service that here. Or they'd give me a really bad vibe that makes me question their competency.

ensteele 01-03-2003 01:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Bad LCM experience

Quote:

Originally posted by SHISVX

STEAL HIS WIPERS!!!!! :D

Kelli

only kidding!!!! just report his old grouchy butt

Kelli

They don't need that kind of encourgement. Shame on you! :rolleyes: :D

ww111 01-03-2003 04:04 PM

Wipers?

Don't steal his wipers, Duct tape his Valve stem cores to his Windshield.

That should "DEFLATE" his ego

Har har
No, really, don't do that

Bad Collins, bad bad bad