The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   FYA: Craigslist Hijinx (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52970)

Mike621 01-27-2010 09:00 AM

FYA: Craigslist Hijinx

I figured some of you might find this amusing.

Typical North Jersey Honda-Civic-on-Craigslist-ad:

"I'm selling my 94 honda civic wit a 97ls motor wit 89,000 miles on it n a b18 transmission...body has 150,000 das nothing ,motor wha counts,car has a lot of control,it has da bar on da motor...strut bar inside of da car...a bar in da trunk nd lower control arm,it power windows,powerlocks,alarm system,sony radio n speakers,ls web rims,skunk2 tight suspension ,ACT stage 1 clutch,magna flow muffler,da motor looks super clean jus like everything in da hood,tinted out all around.jdm front lip, body is gud, inside is mint,nd dis car has a lot a lot of power nd I guarantee u dis car won't give u NO problems,nd da reason I'm selling it cuz I'm moving to texas in a month n a half so I need da money, if ur gona come asking for best offer don't even waste my f time, 2500 $ flat no more or less ...my number is *** *** **** thank you. "

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/1571774326.html

Wikedjuggalo 01-27-2010 09:50 AM

Re: FYA: Craigslist Hijinx

I need da money......:lol::lol:

Crazy_pilot 01-27-2010 11:31 AM

"Da bar on da motor", and lots of other bars apparently give you lots of control. How can people like this exist?

Cam 01-27-2010 11:35 AM

Wow...I really don't know what else to say...

I did not know "Da" was a word.

aust92pearl 01-27-2010 01:31 PM

i like it how it says
"I guarantee u dis car won't give u "NO" problems" :rolleyes:

sounds great guaranteed NOT to have "no problems " :tard:

Crazy_pilot 01-27-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aust92pearl (Post 632308)
i like it how it says
"I guarantee u dis car won't give u "NO" problems" :rolleyes:

sounds great guaranteed NOT to have "no problems " :tard:

I doubt this person understands the concept of a double negative.:rolleyes:

Cam 01-27-2010 02:43 PM

I don't think they fully understand english either...

It's people like this and shows on MTV that are making new jersey look bad :p

Maybe all the SVX owners over there should move out to the west coast so we can have big ol' meets over here :rolleyes:

Mike621 01-27-2010 03:02 PM

I am continually disappointed by how stupid people are.

Crazy_pilot 01-27-2010 03:29 PM

I sent him this: (I was being lenient)

Quote:

Hello sir,

A friend suggested that I look at your advertisement. Upon viewing it I saw that there were a few minor grammatical errors which could lead to confusion on the part of potential buyers. Understandably these were not intentional, I can appreciate that you must be under a certain amount of stress with your impending move to Texas. Nevertheless I feel the need to point out these minor errors. I hope this will help you to correct these tiny mistakes and perhaps assist you selling the car. Below is a copy of your add in which I have highlighted your mistakes in yellow. I have also included my own comments (in red) describing what the error was. Below that I have re-written your ad in a more logical way. Perhaps you can use this to assist you in the future.

Sincerely,

Chris

I'm selling my 94 honda civic wit a 97ls motor wit 89,000 miles on it n a b18 transmission (B18 is an engine, not a transmission)...body has 150,000 (Miles? Feet? Friends?) das nothing ,motor wha counts, (comma splice) car has a lot of control,it has da bar on da motor (I assume you mean the front strut bar)...strut bar inside of da (I don't know what you mean here. Is there a harness bar behind the front seats?) car...a bar in da trunk (rear strut bar?) nd lower control arm, (comma splice) it (has?) power windows,powerlocks,alarm system,sony radio n speakers,ls web rims,skunk2 tight suspension (Please specify what kind of suspension exactly. Coilovers? Drop springs? Adjustable dampers?) ,ACT stage 1 clutch,magna flow muffler,da motor looks super clean jus like everything in (Under?) da hood,tinted out all around.jdm front lip, body is gud, inside is mint,nd dis car has a lot a lot of power nd I guarantee u dis car won't give u NO problems, (What you have written here is a double negative, and means that you guarantee that the car WILL GIVE people problems.) nd da reason I'm selling it (is?) cuz I'm moving to texas in a month n a half so I need da money, if ur gona come asking for best offer don't even waste my f time, 2500 $ flat no more or less ...my number is 973 653 4041 (manny) thank you.

Hello,

For sale is my 1994 Honda Civic. This car has a replacement motor from a 1997 Civic-LS and has 89,000 miles on it. The transmisson is from a B18 engine. The odometer shows 150,000 miles, which isn't important as the engine has much lower mileage.

This car has numerous handling modifications giving it great control. These include front and rear strut bars, aftermarket lower control arms, and Skunk2 suspension. Factory options include power windows and power locks. There is an alarm system installed in the car. The audio system has been upgraded with a Sony deck and speakers. Other modifications include an ACT Stage 1 clutch, Magnaflow muffler, JDM front lip, and window tint. The car is very clean, inside and out. The engine and rest of the engine bay are spotless and the body is solid. The engine is very strong and I guarantee this car will give you no problems.

I'm selling the car only because I'm moving to Texas in a month and a half and need some money. Low ball offers and tire kickers need not apply, my sale price is $2500 firm.

1986nate 01-27-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 632325)
I sent him this: (I was being lenient)

lmao, nice job Chris:lol::lol::D:cool:

Crazy_pilot 01-27-2010 04:30 PM

I'll be sure to post a reply if I get one.

Tim 01-27-2010 04:31 PM

That's how people from the 973 area code speak :lol:

shelfy 01-27-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 632337)
That's how people from the 970 area code speak :lol:

fixor3d!1!

svxistentialist 01-27-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 632337)
That's how people from the 973 area code speak :lol:

Are you serious Tim? Do they really? Are they trying to invent a new language?

I've never seen an ad so bad as that, but if a seller replied to me in a text or email with such gibberish I would instantly walk away. In my view anybody that slapdash and careless with written language will probably be just as cavalier about servicing and caring for the car.

Do I need a car from some kid who'll put nothing into the car except alpha male accessories and gasoline?
:rolleyes::p

Nah! Don't think so. ;) :D

TomsSVX 01-27-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 632291)
"Da bar on da motor", and lots of other bars apparently give you lots of control. How can people like this exist?

Obama is to blame...:lol:

Tom