The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Embarrassing story (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6379)

svxeno 10-10-2002 04:45 PM

Embarrassing story

Every once in a while you do something that really makes you think about your "affection" for your car.

Last Sunday night I returned to Tampa International Airport from 4 days in Denver, business trip.

I got off the plane, got my luggage and took the tram back to the parking garage. I got off the elevator and headed for the car, I remembered where I parked and walked toward the car. As soon as I saw it I said, out loud, "Hey! There you are! How ya doin'? Did you enjoy your stay? Time to go home."

I happened to glance to my right and about 20 feet from me was a couple who had stopped walking and just stared at me. All I could do was gesture toward the car and say "Great car..."

I either need to stop talking to the car or up my medication.

Tell me I'm not the only one who's done this.

Randy (Mumbling to the car) ii

sith 10-10-2002 06:16 PM

But, talking to your car makes it happy...I mean, talking to the car is normal right?

Its when the car starts talking back that you should get worried...

Landshark 10-10-2002 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sith
But, talking to your car makes it happy...I mean, talking to the car is normal right?

Its when the car starts talking back that you should get worried...

i got a talking alarm in mine :D

svxeno 10-10-2002 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark

i got a talking alarm in mine :D

That would be great...it would talk back.

Randy (Voices in ma head and from my car) ii

svxy 10-10-2002 08:45 PM

I'd apologize to the transmission immediately for being embarassed by your open affection. Don't want to anger him/her.

Aredubjay 10-10-2002 09:19 PM

If talking to the car is not normal, then I am not normal. Uh, well, talking to the car IS normal, anyway. :D

ensteele 10-11-2002 12:10 AM

Randy - repeat after me "I'm normal, I'm normal, I'm normal, I'm normal, I'm normal, I'm normal, I'm normal." Ok, maybe not. :p :D :)

DavieGravy 10-11-2002 12:40 AM

That's the funniest SVX story I've ever heard!

Bwana 10-11-2002 06:34 AM

I found myself talking to the SVX while I was waxing it the other day. My friend was like...."What the H$#L are you doing?"
I told him I'd talk to his car when I waxed it.

LarryIII 10-11-2002 10:17 AM

I talk to my SVX all the time. Rosie either doesn't listen to me or worse; answers back.

:D

solarsvx 10-11-2002 10:56 AM

LMAO u guys need to seek profesional help .. i talk at mine but not in a good way only whene the damm thing breaks,, i say alot of bbaadd words LOL

DWayne2910 10-11-2002 08:40 PM

Talking cars

I once had a company car I called "Rex, The Talking Wonder Dodge." It was truly a POS and had this really annoying warning system with a metallic voice that announced imperiously that YOUR SEATBELT IS UNFASTENED, or THE DRIVER'S DOOR IS AJAR,
or YOUR WINDSHIELD FLUID IS LOW, etc.,etc., and when you fixed the problem by fastening your belt or whatever, the voice would say, THANK YOU.
So what I would do is open all four doors, the trunk and hood, wait for Rex to announce all these malfunctions, then run around and close everything as fast as I could.
Then I'd stand there, in complete hysterics while Rex said THANK
YOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU as
fast as it could.
Dan

sfsvx 10-11-2002 09:18 PM

Re: Talking cars

Quote:

Originally posted by DWayne2910
I once had a company car I called "Rex, The Talking Wonder Dodge." It was truly a POS and had this really annoying warning system with a metallic voice that announced imperiously that YOUR SEATBELT IS UNFASTENED, or THE DRIVER'S DOOR IS AJAR, or YOUR WINDSHIELD FLUID IS LOW, etc.,etc.
Dan

It's gotta be one dumb computer if it can't tell the difference between the driver's door and a jar. I've got a 7-year-old niece who doesn't know squat about cars, but she knows that. :p

vzSvx 10-11-2002 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
If talking to the car is not normal, then I am not normal. Uh, well, talking to the car IS normal, anyway. :D
I'm glad you guys think it's normal. I was told I needed to see a psychiatrist when I was caught talking to my car. Now, I do it openly in front of my friends. They thought I'm just as weird as my car. I never had a car I love so much that I even gave it a name. I thought it was silly, but she likes her name...I think.

Aredubjay 10-11-2002 11:04 PM

Re: Talking cars

Quote:

Originally posted by DWayne2910
I once had a company car I called "Rex, The Talking Wonder Dodge." It was truly a POS and had this really annoying warning system with a metallic voice that announced imperiously that YOUR SEATBELT IS UNFASTENED, or THE DRIVER'S DOOR IS AJAR,
or YOUR WINDSHIELD FLUID IS LOW, etc.,etc., and when you fixed the problem by fastening your belt or whatever, the voice would say, THANK YOU.
So what I would do is open all four doors, the trunk and hood, wait for Rex to announce all these malfunctions, then run around and close everything as fast as I could.
Then I'd stand there, in complete hysterics while Rex said THANK
YOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU as
fast as it could.
Dan

Dan. Talking to your car is normal. Making your car talk to you, is NOT normal. You should really seek professional help. :D You're welcome.