The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smallest Wheel Diameter (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=55965)

Myxalplyx 11-21-2010 05:01 PM

Smallest Wheel Diameter

What is the smallest wheel diameter that can fit on the SVX?

svxcess 11-21-2010 05:11 PM

Re: Smallest Wheel Diameter

Maybe measure from the center of the hub to the very edge of the caliper bracket and add 1/4" and go from there? :rolleyes: Its a starting point.

The answer begs the question: Why?? :confused:

Myxalplyx 11-21-2010 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 663124)

Maybe measure from the center of the hub to the very edge of the caliper bracket and add 1/4" and go from there? :rolleyes: Its a starting point.

The answer begs the question: Why?? :confused:

Just doing some research. It's for speed purposes honestly but I'm trying to refrain this discussion from going that direction. Just wondering if 15's, 14's, etc could be fitted to the SVX. :) Just planning in case if/when I get another SVX, what I want to do. If smaller than stock can be fitted, I'll plan accordingly. Looking for smaller diameter and lighter than stock wheels. NOT same diameter or larger lighter wheels. Basing this on some success I've had with my RAV4.

1986nate 11-21-2010 05:29 PM

apparently, some 15`s will fit according to some people. But there are a lot of 15`s that don`t fit due to clearance of the caliper

benebob 11-21-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 663129)
apparently, some 15`s will fit according to some people. But there are a lot of 15`s that don`t fit due to clearance of the caliper

Nate's right, you need to be very sure of your measurements on 15s and even some 16s don't fit depending on their design and size. Took me forever to find a 16x10 wheel that would fit.

Myxalplyx 11-21-2010 06:53 PM

Hrrmm.......so I simply can not say a 15X10 with an offset of (?) will fit eh? Gonna search around a bit then and see what 15" wheels have been fitted, see what cars those wheels can fit and go from there. Thanks!

Crazy_pilot 11-21-2010 07:30 PM

Perhaps see what 15" wheels fit a WRX and see if there's a 5x114 version of said wheel?

benebob 11-21-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myxalplyx (Post 663132)
Hrrmm.......so I simply can not say a 15X10 with an offset of (?) will fit eh? Gonna search around a bit then and see what 15" wheels have been fitted, see what cars those wheels can fit and go from there. Thanks!

Not that you couldn't come up with one but in that width you would have a HUGE outer favored offest. Of all the makers of steel racing wheels only Diamond made one which would fit past everything it needed to. It would be a good site to read up on what you need to do to determine what will fit though. For that matter, I suppose you're looking to go smaller diameter right. The racers wheel and tire combo on it was around 22" on 16s.

Blacky 11-21-2010 08:01 PM

My Claret had 15 inch wheels on it when I bought it. They would not turn on the front due to touching the calipers. A tiny (1/16") or so grinding of the caliper made it possible for it to roll until I got proper wheels.
I've since replaced the calipers due to rattling worn pins.