The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading X activities (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48498)

TomsSVX 01-04-2009 09:56 PM

Reading X activities

We need to keep all the kiddies busy, we need some volunteers for the following.

- Creating a rally
- Raffle donations(parts, posters, memorabilia, shifters:p, etc...)
- Any other events???

I am not as close as I had been in past years and Hocrest doesn't have the time he used to so we need some others to step up. Thanks everyone

Tom

Hocrest 01-05-2009 05:09 AM

Re: Reading X activities

Thanks for bringing this up, yeah I won't have time to set up the rally this year. And it would be nice to drive it again...

Since we have an extra day this year I had thought about a few other activities.

1. Group drive for Friday. There are a few destinations I was considering. I would also come up with maps to help keep the group from getting lost and to allow people to drive it on their own.

2. Concourse. This wouldn't require much advance work, and only an hour or so from some volunteer judges at the event. Nothing too advanced just a couple of categorys, one for stock and one for modded???

1986nate 01-05-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 580558)
We need to keep all the kiddies busy, we need some volunteers for the following.

- Creating a rally
- Raffle donations(parts, posters, memorabilia, shifters:p, etc...)
- Any other events???

I am not as close as I had been in past years and Hocrest doesn't have the time he used to so we need some others to step up. Thanks everyone

Tom

What kind of parts are you looking for???

SVXRide 01-05-2009 01:09 PM

1/4 mile!:rolleyes::cool:
-Bill
p.s. and I don't mean "in the parking lot";)

TomsSVX 01-05-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1986nate (Post 580652)
What kind of parts are you looking for???

anything really, and if you are not comming, we can store them at the shop until Reading.

Tom

TomsSVX 01-05-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 580656)
1/4 mile!:rolleyes::cool:
-Bill
p.s. and I don't mean "in the parking lot";)

Problem is, they were doing bracket racing events last time and we never got many runs in and waited all friggin day:rolleyes: Maybe we can organize something

Tom

1986nate 01-05-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 580664)
anything really, and if you are not comming, we can store them at the shop until Reading.

Tom

Okay, I have a set of front brake pads that I got when I bought my car and mine currently have plenty of pad. Also have a fuel filter I bought thinking I might need it from the car sitting over a year before I bought it but the one on it looked newer and I have had no problems with the fuel system. So I figure I can chip in something to help.
I will almost definitely be there however only for Saturday.

SUBBYRU89 01-05-2009 04:12 PM

I'll see what I can donate...it most likely won't be SVX specific, but it will be Subaruish:D

benebob 01-05-2009 05:20 PM

A Friday drive to the Antique Automobile Museum could be one of those drives Hocrest might be thinking of (though my guess is he's planning on taking everybody for some Yungling Beer tasting). The museum is very nice. It is period correct scenes not just a bunch of old cars in a warehouse.

I'm definately too busy for the rally as well this year.

BTW Bill you don't get any input since you won't be there!:D Not sure if Maple Grove even has their schedule out yet but you can work on that one Walls!:D

I haven't heard OT mention his desire for some serious parking lot alcohol consumption from 5pm Thursday until 2pm Sunday but I think that is already on the schedule.:lol:

subeman90 01-05-2009 07:40 PM

I'll help with the rally again if anyone wants my help. Dave? "mom your ded" :lol::lol:

I'll help judge a concorse too since I am not partal to any one SVX since I am svxless :lol:

Hocrest 01-05-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subeman90 (Post 580744)
I'll help with the rally again if anyone wants my help. Dave? "mom your ded" :lol::lol:

I'll help judge a concorse too since I am not partal to any one SVX since I am svxless :lol:

With the new job I can't really make any commitments for the rally. I can help out over the phone with info on putting it together, hopefully someone else close by steps up to help you out.

And you still have 3 months to get an SVX and enter your own in the concourse...

svxfiles 01-05-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 580725)
A Friday drive bla, bla, bla, Hocrest might be thinking of bla, bla bla,(though my guess is he's planning on taking everybody for some Yungling Beer tasting).

I haven't heard OT mention his desire for some serious parking lot alcohol consumption from 5pm Thursday until 2pm Sunday but I think that is already on the schedule.:lol:

Way ahead of ya!

I shtarted in Aprill................:):lol:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ensteele 01-05-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 580748)
Way ahead of ya!

I shtarted in Aprill................:):lol:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Which one? :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

svxfiles 01-06-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 580775)
Which one? :rolleyes: ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Every April.:o:p

LarryIII 01-06-2009 04:45 AM

To Benebob & Hocrest (if you are running activities for READING X)

How about an organized trip for those people that do not want to rally or have an SVX long drive. There is the Mid-Atlantic Aircraft Museum at the Reading, PA airport (old aiplanes-close by). There is Auburn Heights in Yorklyn, PA (about an 1 1/2 away. They have Stanley Steamers and Steam trains that adults and kids can ride.

To get the US economy back on line, there is the QVC studio in Westchester, PA (about 1 hr away). Rosie can lead this rally. :D