The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone have stock exhaust pictures? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43558)

JLHollowX13 03-03-2008 12:07 AM

Anyone have stock exhaust pictures?

im trying to figure out if my svx has the original exhaust on it. it looks to me as if someone put different exhaust on it at one point, but i have nothing to compare it to as my svx is the only one ive ever gotten a close, in person look at, and the only one ive ever seen underneath. so if anyone has some pictures they could post of the original exhaust id much appreciate it, it would help me know if exhaust is something i could modify or if its already done. thanks!

lhopp77 03-03-2008 08:47 AM

How T Docs

Look at this schematic from the How To Documents. It should be enough to determine if yours is stock.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/How-To/28217.jpg

Lee

SubaruSVXCrazy 03-03-2008 10:33 AM

I just did my two front pipes. OEM Parts 733 dollars. :eek: I put them in myself. :D You your going OEM parts they are $$$. :mad:

SVXRide 03-03-2008 10:43 AM

stock exhaust? what's that?:lol:
-Bill

svxfiles 03-03-2008 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXRide (Post 532180)
stock exhaust? what's that?:lol:
-Bill

I was just going to say that!:o:rolleyes:

TomsSVX 03-03-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxfiles (Post 532183)
I was just going to say that!:o:rolleyes:

Its the pile of pipe, cats, and resonators in the corner:o:lol:

Tom

JLHollowX13 03-03-2008 06:34 PM

well, that kinda helps me..... number 8 on the picture, the center pipe, is different from the one i have. other than that i think everything is about the same. the thing in the middle, idk if thats a cat or what, but mine is bigger, it has words on it, i cant rememeber exactly what it says, but thats the reason i asked, because it doesnt really look stock, but at the same time im not so sure. i think its probably not stock, ill just have to look at it more closely. thanks for telling me where to find those pics though!

Crazy_pilot 03-03-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruSVXCrazy (Post 532179)
I just did my two front pipes. OEM Parts 733 dollars. :eek: I put them in myself. :D You your going OEM parts they are $$$. :mad:

When I had my car inspected after buying it I was told it needed both pre-cat's (front pipes). Being in Canada, parts are automatically more expensive. I was quoted $2300 to replace both pipes and the O2 sensors. Oh, and replace a wiper blade.:rolleyes:

lhopp77 03-04-2008 09:40 AM

Resonator

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLHollowX13 (Post 532289)
well, that kinda helps me..... number 8 on the picture, the center pipe, is different from the one i have. other than that i think everything is about the same. the thing in the middle, idk if thats a cat or what, but mine is bigger, it has words on it, i cant rememeber exactly what it says, but thats the reason i asked, because it doesnt really look stock, but at the same time im not so sure. i think its probably not stock, ill just have to look at it more closely. thanks for telling me where to find those pics though!

The part you are referring to is the resonator that frequently develops a low rpm rattle or humm which is very irritating. So, many people actually remove it and install something different like just more straight pipe or even a cherry bomb straight through muffler. Either of these work, but provide different sounds.

Lee

AndrewR 03-04-2008 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot (Post 532290)
When I had my car inspected after buying it I was told it needed both pre-cat's (front pipes). Being in Canada, parts are automatically more expensive. I was quoted $2300 to replace both pipes and the O2 sensors. Oh, and replace a wiper blade.:rolleyes:

So, you changed the wiper blade?

Crazy_pilot 03-04-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewR (Post 532453)
So, you changed the wiper blade?

Nope, I built a system myself out of flex-pipes and a Magnaflow cat. Inclucind jack, jackstands, and tools I paid about $400-450. And then I replaced BOTH wipers, because I was feeling rich.:D