The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sad News; Member Yoda3000 Dies (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37887)

Yodadad3000 03-11-2007 09:58 PM

Sad News; Member Yoda3000 Dies

I'm saddly reporting the death of a Subaru-SVX World Network member
Yoda3000 AKA Michael Hogan age 20. Exactly one month ago (2-11-07) he fell 75 feet from a cliff while on a night nike with friends in San Lorenzo Canyon, near Socorro, New Mexico, USA. His death was immediate. As his father I want to tell you all that he LOVED this community and the support he received from fellow members helped him alot & he talked of this group of
fellow SVX owners often. I am now a member and owner of his '92 SVX plus the dismantaled '92 SVX he had that got destroyed by hail.
Quote from Michael from his nmtarc.org AutoX racing club blog ;
"This is my '92 Subaru SVX LSL. It's my second one (first lost in the hail storm) but is identical to the other one in every way. It's slow and fat but I love it and will never never never sell it. "
I'll have to say I'll never never sell it. It was a biggest his pride and joy and one of his very favorite hobbies, among dozens of other hobbies. He raced it often & I'll drive it often in his memory. He's a piece of it and it's a piece of him. I've stopped lurking your group of members and have not joined as a member. Thank you all for your wonderful community and support. Patrick Hogan,:( very sad father of Michael Hogan Yoda3000.

Yodadad3000 03-11-2007 10:01 PM

typo correction

have NOW joined ad a member. Proud to be one of you.
yodadad3000

Yodadad3000 03-11-2007 10:07 PM

link to New Mexico Tech's webpage about Michael's accident

This is a link to NMT's webpage with details and great photo of Michael.
His hair was a different color every other week. google his name to see
many other newspaper articles all with different photos of him.

http://www.nmt.edu/mainpage/news/2007/12feb01.html

Mr. Pockets 03-11-2007 10:08 PM

Patrick, I'm really, terribly sorry to hear the news. :(

ensteele 03-11-2007 10:59 PM

Patrick

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Please visit us often and if we can help you, please let us know.

Mike621 03-11-2007 11:15 PM

My condolences.

Sorry for your loss. :(

And please do stay active on this board. You are one of us and are welcome.

Budfreak 03-11-2007 11:39 PM

My condolences to you and your family. If you ever need anything to keep the SVX going or just anything else feel free to ask me. Welcome to the family.

Chris 03-12-2007 12:32 AM

Best Wishes

Patrick,

I am so sorry for your loss and you have my condolences. His presence will be missed here. I will move his account into a special status that will prevent it and all of his previous posts from being deleted due to inactivity. For as long as the SVX World Network remains in operation, his posts and the people who's lives he touched here will remain.

I hope that the uniqueness of the car you now drive as a remembrance to your son, can in some way partially fill the void left by his departure.

As the Founder/Administrator of the SVX World Network, I welcome you to our community. I wish the terms of your visit here and how you came to be an owner were under better circumstances, but we will make the best of a bad situation. If there is anything we can do to assist you in owning, driving, and maintaining your homage to you son, please don't hesitate to ask. We are well renowned for our user member support and the power of our overall community.

Best Wishes,

SSSVX 03-12-2007 01:55 AM

I m verry sorry to read this news. :( ``

I could tell how much he loved this car. I saw his SVX damage pics.

svxistentialist 03-12-2007 03:04 AM

Patrick, I am deeply, deeply sorry to hear this sad news about Michael.

I remember chatting to him about that hail storm, I have pictures of the car saved on my system.

Michael is the same age as my daughter who is also studying for her degree, so I have an idea of what pain you are carrying.

Take care Patrick, and your family are all in my prayers.

Joe

GOT2HAVESVX 03-12-2007 06:22 AM

Patrick, I am so sorry to hear of this. Please accept our condolences to your family.

RSVX 03-12-2007 06:24 AM

You have my family's condolences, this is a very sad story.:(

dcarrb 03-12-2007 07:04 AM

A tragic loss. Condolences to you and yours, sir.

dcb

kurenai 03-12-2007 07:18 AM

my condolences to you and your family. i am sure that michael would want nothing more than to know his father is carrying on the love he had for his car

momzsvx 03-12-2007 08:02 AM

Patrick,

Wow, you have had to experience something that defies the ways of being a parent. I have three children and cannot imagine the feeling you and your family are going through. The personal absent is known and without a doubt missed. I believe Mike is honored having loved ones carry on his love the svx.

I believe the desire to do so is wonderful. We are excited to have you here with us.