The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   What do you do when you catch your Girlfriend/Boyfriend cheating on you? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17273)

Green1995SVX 03-17-2004 11:12 AM

What do you do when you catch your Girlfriend/Boyfriend cheating on you?

Let's say you've had the feeling your "significant other" has been less than faithfull, but they deny it totally. Then you catch them in the act. What do you do?

Discuss.

Mike

mohrds 03-17-2004 11:19 AM

Re: What do you do when you catch your Girlfriend/Boyfriend cheating on you?

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Let's say you've had the feeling your "significant other" has been less than faithful, but they deny it totally. Then you catch them in the act. What do you do?

Discuss.

Mike

Sorry to hear about your situation. I would pack up and move on. I don't get even, I get drunk. The same as any other morning!

Life is too short for revenge.

Watch out for those rebound relationships, they can mess up your mind.

Doug

mbtoloczko 03-17-2004 11:29 AM

I think it depends greatly on what was expected out of the relationship. If it was a casual relationship, and there were no serious thoughts of a lifetime with the person, then maybe its ok to just keep going out as long as its not something that would cause to be uncomfortable to the point where the relationship is not worth it.

OTOH, if there were serious considerations about a lifetime together, then it gets tougher to deal with. There are the typical ways to deal with it. Leave the person, forgive the person, forgive the person on the condition that the couple seek some relationship counselling, etc. The most appropriate path depends on the person. My only suggestion is to not make any decisions right away. At least a few weeks of cooling off is the minimum.

Seraph 03-17-2004 11:46 AM

It depends. If you are a guy, follow Doug's advice. I'd pack up and move on. Life's too short. There are other fishes in the toilet, I mean sea (I just saw the episode 6 -season 1 from Coupling).

More often, I've seen girls forgave their s.o. Why? I have no clue. I don't understand women and I don't expect I ever will.

L

Zeppelin 03-17-2004 12:28 PM

Getting revenge with her best friend is always fun! :D

wawazat?? 03-17-2004 12:41 PM

Bad situation.....

Best to move on. A basic bond between two people has been broken and I don't believe it can ever be repaired. Chalk it up to experience, albeit bad, and move on. No revenge, no attempts to reclaim it, just let it go.

Todd

ensteele 03-17-2004 12:49 PM

I would have to agree with Todd. The trust and relationship has been broken. If they did it once, they will do it again. I have found that out in the past by experience. Move on, no revenge, but it is hard not to think about getting even. It is a very hard thing to deal with.

One thing to think about too is that if you are on the other side of this. If she is cheating on someone else, then what is to keep her from cheating on you. That is another repeat ready to happen in the future.

(Earl who has been burnt to a crisp more than once) :(

And, I am sorry to hear that this has happend to you - if it has. :mad:

Noir 03-17-2004 01:09 PM

Re: What do you do when you catch your Girlfriend/Boyfriend cheating on you?

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Let's say you've had the feeling your "significant other" has been less than faithfull, but they deny it totally. Then you catch them in the act. What do you do?

Discuss.

Mike

Sorry bro. Move on.

The same thing happened to a friend of mine a few years back. He came home early one day (travelled alot) and caught his wife cheating. They didn't know that he got home early and didn't hear him come in. He was a bit upset, but he left the house quietly. He went to the drug store and got one of those 24 exposure cameras and a congratulation cards. He wrote, "good luck" in the card and went back to his house. He snuck back in walked in his bedroom and started snapping away. After he got a few pics he tossed the card near the guy and said Congratz. He then came over and called his lawyer from my house.

Like everyone else said. If they did it once, they'll probably do it again. Move on, they ain't worth it.

good thing is that they didn't have any kids and she didn't get a dime of his money :D.

MNYPNNY 03-17-2004 02:29 PM

You know what I think, but do you ever listen to me anyway? :p

Move on.....

ensteele 03-17-2004 02:31 PM

I listen to you Michelle! :)

What were you saying? :D :p

Royal Tiger 03-17-2004 02:47 PM

It depends. If you were married (I don't think you are Chris) then there is alot to consider. Sometimes it sucks, but you have to try and heal. People are human after all. They screw up. Sometimes cheating is a sign of other problems in the relationship. If that's the case, you can work through it. If not then moving on might be your best option.

Noir 03-17-2004 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
It depends. If you were married (I don't think you are Chris) then there is alot to consider. Sometimes it sucks, but you have to try and heal. People are human after all. They screw up. Sometimes cheating is a sign of other problems in the relationship. If that's the case, you can work through it. If not then moving on might be your best option.
PA_SVX it makes it worse if you are married. Worst form of betrayal in my opinion. And to think, all it would take is just saying, 'I don't think this is going to work out. I've met someone else and he/she will make me happy.' before sneaking aound someone's back. What ever happened to the those guys named honor and respect?

Are you referring to greenmarinesvx or green1995svx? :D

Royal Tiger 03-17-2004 02:57 PM

I'm sorry. I thought it was Chris that started it. If you are married, especially with kids, you might have other options. Not every case is the same.

Aredubjay 03-17-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by wawazat??
Bad situation.....

Best to move on. A basic bond between two people has been broken and I don't believe it can ever be repaired. Chalk it up to experience, albeit bad, and move on. No revenge, no attempts to reclaim it, just let it go.

Todd

GAH! I know I'm going to regret this, because, by responding here, there will actually be written, irrefutable evidence, but . . .

I agree with Todd, 100%.

Darksied-X 03-17-2004 03:32 PM

Time to kick her to the curb, my friend. No vengeance, no sobbing goodbyes, just end it. This is just the absolute worst way you can hurt someone, don't give them the chance to do it again. And it's not just about "they'll do it again", either. Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. But this person has broken the most sacred of trusts, and no matter what they do, or what you tell yourself, that trust will never be regained. There will always be that little voice in the back of your head asking if that person is faithful. Is that really how you want to live? Just don't let yourself get caught into not trusting anyone anymore, because that won't help anything either.