The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   what does this look like to you (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37580)

jeffast 02-20-2007 08:59 PM

what does this look like to you

1 Attachment(s)
i'm refferring to the right front tire on this svx

Crazy_pilot 02-20-2007 09:05 PM

Looks like nothing good, blown ball joint perhaps. Thinking of buying it?

jeffast 02-20-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot
Looks like nothing good, blown ball joint perhaps. Thinking of buying it?

bought it dirt cheap

Hocrest 02-20-2007 09:11 PM

Just read the other post over at XT6. Not sure where the lift is, but you'll definitely want to check it out before you drive it anywhere. In addition to the strut, control arm and ball joint that has already been covered. It could be a bad knuckle or hub or even the subframe. Then it could be something as simple as a missing bolt???

Crazy_pilot 02-20-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast
bought it dirt cheap

Parts or restoring? I hope restoring. If it's at a wrecker I assume it's salvage, there might be a bigger problem hiding that would have made the insurance guys write it off.

If it's as simple as replacing some easy suspension parts, new tires (rear looks dead), and paint it shouldn't be too bad.

Congrats on saving one.:D

jeffast 02-20-2007 09:29 PM

it supposedly has a blown transmission the guy i'm buying it from hasn't driven it any farther than on and off a flatbed and doesn't have any history, that tire has been replaced, so i think someone hit a curb or somthing, i really want to restore it, but it may get parted out if the frame is bent however i need to drive it like 1 mile to my friends shop thats where the lift is i think it should be ok for the short of a trip.
edit: it's not at a wrecker thats the guys storage lot

Budfreak 02-20-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

it supposedly has a blown transmission the guy i'm buying it from hasn't driven it any farther than on and off a flatbed and doesn't have any history, that tire has been replaced, so i think someone hit a curb or somthing, i really want to restore it, but it may get parted out if the frame is bent however i need to drive it like 1 mile to my friends shop thats where the lift is i think it should be ok for the short of a trip.
edit: it's not at a wrecker thats the guys storage lot

Looks like a ball joint, But could be a broken or bent A arm too. Let me know if you need any parts and I should have all you need.;) Good luck.

jeffast 02-20-2007 09:35 PM

i really appreciate all the quick responces, budfreak thanks if i can't find sutibal parts locally i will definatly contact you

Budfreak 02-20-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

i really appreciate all the quick responces, budfreak thanks if i can't find sutibal parts locally i will definatly contact you

Always glad to help an SVXer in need.:)

bcpianoman 02-21-2007 01:52 AM

Just remember -

If man made it, then man can fix it.

I hope you bring it back to life.

huck369 02-21-2007 05:03 AM

Jeff,
I'll still stick with my guess on XT6.net....almost has to be a bent strut and or control arm, but definitely nothing that can't be fixed...if the sub frame is tweeked a little, a good frme shop can straighten it, as it can't be very bad, no more damage than it shows.