The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   4 More Years!!! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22403)

Royal Tiger 11-03-2004 07:16 AM

4 More Years!!!

I know it might be early, but after watching all the results, it's over. kerry needs to be the leader he said he was and go gracefully with dignity and honor. Good race, but Bush got the most popular votes in history. 3.5 MILLION more then kerry.

Shadow248 11-03-2004 11:30 AM

Not only does Bush get to be president for four more years...but Tom Daschle lost his senate seat. Now Bush will actually be able to get done what he promised...without the Democrats ruining everything.

So it's good news all around.

SubaSteevo 11-03-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Not only does Bush get to be president for four more years...but Tom Daschle lost his senate seat. Now Bush will actually be able to get done what he promised...without the Democrats ruining everything.

So it's good news all around.

Try to take over the world??? :p :D

NapaBavarian 11-03-2004 11:39 AM

Is it really that exciting? I'm still worried :(

Ron Mummert 11-03-2004 11:39 AM

Teresa woke up this morning, turned to her husband & said, "John, why the long face"?

Bada-boom.

Ron.

mohrds 11-03-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BurgundyBeast

Try to take over the world??? :p :D

Not a bad idea....

:p

Doug

shelfy 11-03-2004 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by NapaBavarian
Is it really that exciting? I'm still worried :(
you should be. :(

Whoru465 11-03-2004 02:09 PM

Originally posted by NapaBavarian
Is it really that exciting? I'm still worried

What do you mean!? I can't wait for the draft!

(Hmm...I guess the sarcasm doesn't play well over the net)

n00b on demand 11-03-2004 02:11 PM

Ive had 2 people stop talking to me because their mad i voted for bush.....wtf?...their both girls mind you.

n00b on demand 11-03-2004 02:39 PM

Its hillarious....one girl said everyone hates bush so she doesnt get why he won. Nevermind the fact that he had the most popular votes of any president in history.

Royal Tiger 11-03-2004 02:39 PM

How long is this draft nonsense going to linger around? Dems leaked it because they thought they could spook the 18-22 vote, which never showed up anyway. I've been in the Reserves since 1994, and there is no need for a draft. The Army and Air Force both exceeded their August quotas for new enlistments. Democrat scare tactics didn't work this time.

Whoru465 11-03-2004 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PA_SVX
How long is this draft nonsense going to linger around? Dems leaked it because they thought they could spook the 18-22 vote, which never showed up anyway. I've been in the Reserves since 1994, and there is no need for a draft. The Army and Air Force both exceeded their August quotas for new enlistments. Democrat scare tactics didn't work this time.

Oh. If you only knew. Have you been rotated overseas yet?

Landshark 11-03-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Whoru465
Oh. If you only knew. Have you been rotated overseas yet?
he knows, you don't. more scare tactics from a desperate Kerry. want more info on the draft?

House Resolution 163: http://congress.org/congressorg/bill...s=108#sponsors

Legislation Details
'To provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes.'
Congress: 108
State: Federal
Chamber: House
Bill Number: H.R. 163
Sponsor: Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY)

Summary : Introduced. Universal National Service Act of 2003 - Declares that it is the obligation of every U.S. citizen, and every other person residing in the United States, between the ages of 18 and 26 to perform a two-year period of national service, unless exempted, either as a member of an active or reserve component of the armed forces or in a civilian capacity that promotes national defense. Requires induction into national service by the President. Sets forth provisions governing: (1) induction deferments, postponements, and exemptions, including exemption of a conscientious objector from military service that includes combatant training; and (2) discharge following national service. Amends the Military Selective Service Act to authorize the military registration of females.

Co-sponsors:

Rep. Neil Abercrombie (D-HI)
Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (D-MO)
Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-NY)
Rep. Fortney Stark (D-CA)
Rep. John Conyers (D-MI)
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
Rep. Jesse Jackson (D-IL)
Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL)
Rep. Corrine Brown (D-FL)
Rep. John Lewis (D-GA)
Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA)
Rep. James Moran (D-VA)
Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC)
Rep. Donna Christensen (D-VI)

And the second bill, the matching Senate Bill.

Senate Bill 89 : http://congress.org/congressorg/bill...9&congress=108

Congress: 108
State: Federal
Chamber: Senate
Bill Number: S. 89
Sponsor: Sen. Ernest Hollings (D-SC)

17 Democrats Sponsoring or Co-sponsoring the Bills to reinstate the Draft.

0 Republicans!

get yer facts straight.

Whoru465 11-03-2004 03:09 PM

And how are you so sure of what I know? I claimed no facts, so take it easy clyde....But you fellas are always right:D Excuse me while I grovel.

Andy 11-03-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by soobiesvx93
Ive had 2 people stop talking to me because their mad i voted for bush.....wtf?...their both girls mind you.
i knew a girl who didn't like bush too :eek: