The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   weird svx on ebay (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8183)

immortal_suby 01-14-2003 04:54 PM

weird svx on ebay

1 Attachment(s)
I wonder if it is the elusive twin turbo version

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2400151185

Mr. Pockets 01-14-2003 04:58 PM

Oh for crying out...

Man, if there's one aspect of ricer culture that annoys me, it's imitation rice.

It's not an SVX, so why bother trying to tell people it is?

Argh...

...although this may be the first example I've seen. :D I've never seen anybody wish so openly that their car was an SVX.

greg 01-14-2003 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Oh for crying out...

Man, if there's one aspect of ricer culture that annoys me, it's imitation rice.

It's not an SVX, so why bother trying to tell people it is?

Argh...

...although this may be the first example I've seen. :D I've never seen anybody wish so openly that their car was an SVX.

But Mr. Pockets,
The "SVX" logo on the back is soooo big it must be an SVX? Didn't you know that the bigger it is the more beleivable it is.

-G:rolleyes:

Uncamitzi 01-14-2003 05:29 PM

I saw that this morning.....

I just couldn't think of anything to say ..... :rolleyes:

WestCoastSVX 01-14-2003 05:38 PM

I saw that yesterday but didn't catch the big orange "SVX" on the back somehow. I was going to let the title go, assuming they screwed up, but now there should be no mercy. :mad:

Actually, I guess it is kinda flattering. Like Pockets said, this may be the first case of someone actually trying to imitate an SVX.

Porter 01-15-2003 12:37 AM

Well, it IS an Alcyone, it's just not an Alcyone VX (SVX).

So I guess you could say it's rice, but it's the correct make and model, just the previous body style!

Alcyone XT (XT-Turbo, XT6) was followed by Alcyone VX (SVX)

I guess this would be like putting WRX stickers on a 2.5RS.

92SvxChick 01-15-2003 01:57 AM

Ahhh yes....

Ahhh yes the all illusive twin turbo SVXT-6. Too funny. I also saw this ad and thought maybe for a second that they were trying to strum up interest in the car so they also listed it for when people search SVX. But wow nice SVX logo on the back. This car has a serious problem with vinyl to paint ratio. I'm not sure who would actually think that that makes the car better!?! I'm not a big fan of rediculous amounts of stickers and crap on cars anyways. Hahaha :)

Megan

huck369 01-15-2003 05:32 AM

Hey maybe it's the XT test mule that Subaru stuffed the 3.3 in......naahhh.:D :D
But it is nice and shiny........:D :D

drivemusicnow 01-15-2003 08:00 AM

Maybe the people selling it have no idea what in the heck it is. Maybe they saw the SVX thing on the back and were like... hey its an SVX.. i dunno, i've seen some pretty stupid car dealers try to tell me stuff thats completely not true

Noir 01-15-2003 08:24 AM

re: svx?

what's really funny is that I've seen that picture in someone's locker here on this forum. Forgot who it was. But I remember I saw it here first :D

CigarJohnny 01-15-2003 09:09 AM

You know...I do believe you are right. I recall seeing that particular car before also. Now if I could just remember where...:confused:

CigarJohnny 01-15-2003 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
You know...I do believe you are right. I recall seeing that particular car before also. Now if I could just remember where...:confused:
Then just as quickly, if not quicker, promptly forget it ever existed! :p:D

Aredubjay 01-15-2003 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by CigarJohnny
I don't remember seeing this particular car, but, I DO remember seeing those decals in someone's locker, on a TEAL SVX. Maybe he just gave the guy his decals after we shamed him into removing them. :D:D:D

Kolombian013X 01-15-2003 10:37 AM

Somebody call that guy and tell him what a big idiot he is

sfsvx 01-15-2003 10:44 AM

Usually when a bird poops on the side of my car I wash it off.

< oh - those are graphics - never mind >