The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Subaru 1/4 mile? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=848)

black-svx 07-12-2001 08:49 AM

Subaru 1/4 mile?

Went to the Sacramento Speedway last night, not with my Subaru though. Anyway, watching the civics and acuras pull 16's and 15's made me wonder if anyone has ever raced the Subaru? It would certainly get the crowds attention. I imagine off the line it wouldnt be the quick buts its speed at the trap at the end should be pretty high. Anyone ever raced?

-raptor (and don't tell me the car is not for racing, I saw a geo tracker go up against a Dodge Ram 3500 last night)

eddycat2000 07-12-2001 08:56 AM

Re: Subaru 1/4 mile?

Quote:

Originally posted by black-svx

-raptor (and don't tell me the car is not for racing, I saw a geo tracker go up against a Dodge Ram 3500 last night)

Well, you can race any car you want I guess. But it wasn't designed to be a quarter mile dragster, it was designed as a touring car.

SVXphile 07-12-2001 09:22 AM

Don't tell the Beach Boys

Well I'm not braggin' babe. so don't put me down...
but I've got the fastest set of wheels in town.
If something comes up to me, they don't even try...
'cause one look at my wing, and they know I can fly.
It's my tricked SVX...they don't know what I got!

Just a little SVX with a boxer six...
but she'll walk a 300Z, and leave it back in the sticks.
She's not very legal, with her turbos and NOS...
and from the looks of that WING, man they know its the Boss!
It's my tricked SVX....they don't know what I got!

She's got a Level 10 tranny, twin turbos and GAS...
and with all four a'grippin, this baby's a blast!
and if that aint enough to make you flip your lid..
there's one more thing...(the horsepower is 980!)

Comin' off the line when the light turns green..
the most wicked SVX that you've ever seen.
I get pushed out of shape, and my rear wheels won't steer...
at the end of the quarter, I'm still in 3rd gear..
She's my tricked SVX...they don't know what I got!
:D

Aredubjay 07-12-2001 09:23 AM

Re: Subaru 1/4 mile?

Quote:

Originally posted by black-svx
Went to the Sacramento Speedway last night, not with my Subaru though. Anyway, watching the civics and acuras pull 16's and 15's made me wonder if anyone has ever raced the Subaru? It would certainly get the crowds attention. I imagine off the line it wouldnt be the quick buts its speed at the trap at the end should be pretty high. Anyone ever raced?

Chris, of our admin team has raced. Kvnobrien and blonde_man (wherever he is) has also raced. Newsvx and hytei have autocrossed and 1994subaruSVX has also been on the track. So, yes, there are those who race (on the track).

1994SubaruSVX 07-12-2001 10:20 AM

i have run the quarter mile in about....

16.4 or 16.5. but that was back before all of my mods. i will run again soon just to see if there is any difference from stock. the svx was not made at all for drag racing. my top speed at the end of the quarter was under 90mph.

on the track (roadcourse) is where this car really shows up and shows off. the svx does poorly off the line but at speed the car is just awesome. i hung with a s2000 and tore up an older 911. my car was faster on the track then all the bmw 325i's. :)

Habesha 07-12-2001 11:35 AM

I don't know a single Suby (in America) that's quick off the line. Unless you do a solo start that is ;) But once you get going, that little boxer eat's 'em up. My 93 Legacy a little demon once she gets going. I look forward to my SVX

Now in Japan, well, that's a different story. A B4 Blitzen would eat an M5 for breakfast

1994SubaruSVX 07-12-2001 12:21 PM

this blitzen must really be fast....

did you know it is listed as a supercar on supercar.com. i couldnt believe it really. i mean it is a great car but a supercar?

Habesha 07-12-2001 01:46 PM

Re: this blitzen must really be fast....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
did you know it is listed as a supercar on supercar.com. i couldnt believe it really. i mean it is a great car but a supercar?
It's as fast off the line as a BMW M5. I think that counts. The only faster sedans are the Lancer and WRX. Now, if you consider the "supercar" category to be the Diablos and such, well then :p

nvrmore100 07-12-2001 03:32 PM

I took mine to the track about a month ago.

Bone stock ran a consistan 18.1s @ 7400 feet!

Ug....not much of a drag racer this car.....but still tons of fun.

black-svx 07-12-2001 03:37 PM

so 16.4 or 16.5 that is not terrible, but it really wouldnt show what the car is capable of. I know the feeling when you punch it pulling out of a corner and it hits 2nd gear right at peak torque, and its great. . . but you are right, not the kind of stuff that shows up in track numbers. oh well, just curious, I may see if I can match those numbers here before I move down South. and I wont be racing in the Andes like nevermore, 18.1 is great at a mile and a half!
thanks guys

-Raptor

nvrmore100 07-12-2001 04:17 PM

HAHAHA! I'm just your average SVX mountain goat I guess. :D

carpedick 07-12-2001 05:40 PM

Black, let me know when you plan on going back and maybe we can race next to each other. My understanding was that you're required to burn the tires before racing though, and I wouldn't know how to do that with the AWD. Do you know? Let me know if you want to get together to race =)

Red SVX 92 07-12-2001 06:08 PM

How about if I join you two, carpe and black? I was really hoping to go there anyway, but it would be my first time, so I wouldn't relaly know what I'm doing. Maybe you guys could help me out :p. Also, I was hoping to do it after I got around to fixing my NOS... i'm starting to wonder whether I should let a shop fiddle with it instead, because I pretty much have had zero time to do it as of late.

carpedick 07-12-2001 07:32 PM

I'd be up for that, I've only been there 1 time before, so it'd be cool to go with some other SVXers.

zsvx 07-12-2001 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carpedick
I'd be up for that, I've only been there 1 time before, so it'd be cool to go with some other SVXers.
Where are you guys headed to? maybe I'll join ya.